Condominiums / SOUNDPROOFING, WATER LEAKS

1 1345 MORNOE AVE NWGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 616 454-1446

Neighbors and I are experiencing habitability issues such as, water leaks and insufficient soundproofing. Issue remain unfixed for over a year now, since our first complaint. Do not buy from this developer or company. Our opinion is to avoid all companies current residential projects such as The Glen Eagle Moors, Cross Creek Greens, Landmark Lofts, and Mills Ridge.

Comments

My
  3rd of Nov, 2008

www.devriescondos-beware.com

We are experiencing the same problem with the Signature Place Condominiums in Tempe, Arizona. I have contacted the Tempe Inspector but he states that the Condominium was Grandfathered into the Plumbing Codes which allows them to have multiple units on one shut off valve, and that we as downstairs owners are required to know an emergency contact number for the owner above so that we can contact them to inform them of the water pouring down from their unit above. It is then their responsibility to get it fixed. I was also told that I was responsible for fixing the damage in my condo which was not my understanding of the HOA responsibilities. What a terrible experience condo ownership has been with the Bernard Allison Group as developer's Management team. I so regret this purchase and do not look forward to our upcoming bathroom remodel. My husband is a Veteran with service connected disabilities and must get this bathroom updated before his next surgery. I can't believe that a City Planning Board did not have the foresight to see the hazards of allowing the sale of these units without upgrading the plumbing.