Concentra Urgent Carepre-employment drug test

01/06/17 6:45pm When I first walked in and went up to the counter I could tell the lady was unhappy, she was rude in telling me to sign in. (Zero eye contact) then I was greeted with, you'll be here for at least an hour, fill this out and come back up to the counter.. I waited for two hours to be seen, for a simple e screen drug test for my soon to be job. After going up to the counter again and explaining that I need to use the restroom, I've been drinking water all day. Finally a woman comes out to get me. She told me wash your hands, she was still being kinda rude. I felt like she didn't want to deal with me. I went into the restroom where the floor was wet, toilet paper was also on the floor, garbage can was full. I did my test came back. She said no I don't see a green dot, smiles at me you're going to have to do this again. I was confused, but said OK can I get some water.. She said NO we have to check with your employer to see if they want to give you another chance. Walks out the door with my sample. Then she grabbed another piece of paper and tells me to sign it and If I come back to retake my test, someone would be in the restroom to watch me and I would have to remove my blouse undo my bra pull down my pants...�what�... I said absolutely not, i have anxiety. I didn't understand what was going on and why. So at that time being everything she would say to me was no with a smug smile I figured we were done. I then took my I.d, paper and left she was so extremely smug, disrespectful and rude.. Unwilling to explain to me what was going on and why I was denied a retake. I couldn't believe the way I was treated and how I was disrespected.

01/09/17 Just received a call back from what could've been my employer she explained the lady administrating my test wrote in my report I walked out of the clinic and I refuse to retake the test which was a complete lie... I asked for water to retake my test in which she denied me that.
She even told my employer she offered me water and I declined it, that didn't happened, she then explained because of this I'm no longer a candidate for the job and with that a one-year no hire report. The woman (I don't know her name) also wrote in the report I was unruly. Not true, mind you my job is a job in customer service. She wrote In the report i walked out, not one person told me to stop, even as I was leaving I tried asking questions as to whats the next step. her reply to everything was no. I was thinking it was a error no big deal. So from my understanding we were done, there was nothing else to do. I would have to come back after she calls my employer. To my surprise, I was denied my job opportunity with a added 1 year no hire report. I feel so wronged by this place. I don't understand why she would do this to me. I feel something should be done. I was so cheated, disrespected, disregarded and lied about. What's also upsetting about all of this is what could of been my future employer explained that it wouldn't be a problem for me to go back and re-test. That it happens all the time. Unfortunately because she wrote in her report of me that I walked out and was unruly there was nothing they could do. We can't hire you for at least a year. I feel I didn't get a fair and just opportunity, all I'm asking is to be treated like a person not a burden. Because of the encounter I had with this woman I don't have a job today.

Concentra Urgent Care
Concentra Urgent Care

• Updated by Rosef425, Jan 12, 2017

Oh I'm sorry we're you there. Yes she was being very rude. The only nice person I met there was Kelly the woman I told I need to use the restroom. The woman that administered my test was the opposite. Never did I refuse anything nor did I asked to be coddle. Never did anyone explain to me anything pertaining to verifying a collection. She left the room with my sample, and dismissed me like I didn't matter. Shouldn't people in the medical field be more willing to explain what's going on. I'm not a medical professional but I do know mannerisms should be a must. If someone explained to me what was going on (kind of like what you just did) instead of lying in a report about me being unruly and walking out. Offering me water saying I declined it (which never happened). there wouldn't be an issue. I would've went back and retook my test no problem. Thank you for your comment. ~ Wine Is Good

Ro
Jan 12, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 12, 2017

One, they are not your friend they are a business. They were not rude. They were like every other testing facility. Precise and concise. They are there to test your pee not hold your hand and coddle you.

No dot on the cup means your pee is not warm, meaning it is not a valid sample. That is why they said someone will have to verify the collection. Refusal to do so means you refused the retest.

• Ro
      Jan 12, 2017

@Wine Is Good Oh I'm sorry were you there. Yes she was being very rude. The only nice person I met there was Kelly the woman I told I need to use the restroom. The woman that administered my test was the opposite. Never did I refuse anything nor did I asked to be coddle. Never did anyone explain to me anything pertaining to verifying a collection. She left the room with my sample, and dismissed me like I didn't matter. Shouldn't people in the medical field be more willing to explain what's going on. I'm not a medical professional but I do know mannerisms should be a must. If someone explained to me what was going on (kind of like what you just did) instead of lying in a report about me being unruly and walking out. Offering me water saying I declined it (which never happened). there wouldn't be an issue. I would've went back and retook my test no problem. Thank you for your comment. ~ Wine Is Good

•   Jan 12, 2017

Not everyone is a bubbly, jump up and down clapping ball of fluff. Some people are simply curt and serious. This is a medical lab not a sorority. I have been to several with the type of work I do, and have met all types of personalities. In fact, before he passed away, our own store manager was called Daddy by all the employees because of his gruff, no nonsense manner. He was not rude, he was just blunt, honest, and straight to the point no fooling around.

As to the need to verify the collection: did you not read the papers they gave you to sign?

If you can not deal with other personalities, you should not be in the public arena. And no, I don't need to be there. I read your complaint.

• Ro
      Jan 13, 2017

@Wine Is Good That's wonderful, again thanks for your comment. I still stand by my statement. I wonder why you're so unwilling to except it and move forward, seems like you have a personal interest or unwilling to except. Who exactly are you sticking up for? Again you were not there you can't explain to me what her candor was, unless you are her. I can, I experienced it firsthand. Lying in a report about a person not excepting water when they ask for it is not a professional way of handling yourself. Stating in that same report that I was being unruly knowing it was a false statement is also not a professional way of handling yourself. That's the reason for me missing out on my opportunity. Her lying in her report of me. I didn't go there to make friends. I went there for a job opportunity. I did read my paperwork, still doesn't negate the way in witch I was treated. Good day.

•   Jan 13, 2017

I have no personal interest. I am not the 'agree with you so your feelings aren't hurt' kind of person either. I am straightforward and to the point. I simply gave you a different perspective. You seem to be the type of person who needs people to act like their best friend in public settings. You are not going to get that, especially in a severe type of business. Accept that not everyone is as upbeat and light as you and move on.

• Be
      Oct 22, 2017

@Wine Is Good Sorry, but you are as bad as the customer service this original person received at concentra. I don't care what kind of business it is, be polite! You're cold, rude, aloof? And we are supposed to tolerate it? Who the hell are you? A robot, the queen? So work with metals and chemicals is you have NO HUMANITY! Christ.

•   Oct 24, 2017

@Bethany Davis Pot, meet kettle. Your attitude shows you to be the rude, obnoxious [censor] type hell bent on making any poor schmuck who works in public's life hell just because you can. Who the hell are YOU? YOU are not the queen my dear. So start acting like you have manners in public.