Con Edison / no electricity

Dear Complaints Board, I don't know if you are the correct organization for this complaint, but I would appreciate your forwarding to the appropriate party.

I have been without electricity in my home in New Rochelle, NY since approximately 9pm Tuesday night, July 18. I have made repeated phone calls to the utility and needless to say, with each call the projected turn-on time gets later and later. Last night I spoke with a supervisor who told me that I might not get electricity until the weekend. She informed me that storm damage assessment can only be done by day.

That having been said, the electricity in New Rochelle, was NOT knocked out by the storm which followed our loss of electricity by almost two hours. Earlier that day there may have been some power loss, since some of my clocks were not correct when I arrived home at 6:00. At that time the house was very "brown" and the electricity at such a low level that I could not use my stove or microwave. Last summer, we lost electricity three or four times, and on one of those occasions, the surge cost us our refrigerator. We also lost two freezers worth of food, as well as the contents of the refrigerator.

If Con Edison were a private company, there is no doubt in my mind that they would be pursued legally for false advertising and fraud. I specifically heard on the radio, repeatedly, that the utilities were confident that they had sufficient power for the current heat wave. Clearly, this was not the case. I don't know if my appliances will survive, but needless to say, the contents of my two refrigerators/freezers have not. Con Ed suggested that I put in a claim, but past claims in similar circumstances have been denied, so I am not optimistic.

Thank you for any assistance.

Donna

914-633-ssss

845-938-ssss

• John McClellan's Response, Oct 29, 2018

This needs to be investigated.

Do

Comments

• Fr
      25th of Nov, 2008

Coned has some very rude employees. Out of every 4 calls I get 1 unprofessional person. And rarely if ever am I able to get a supervisor to discuss the matter, nor do they typically return calls (supervisors).

I think that a MONOPOLY like CONEd, like the MTA (AND vERIZON), need to be broken into smaller corporations and most of their business farmed out to more professional organizations.

• Ra
      25th of Feb, 2011
    Con Edison - electrycity
    conedison
    27-22 valentine ave #2a
    Bronx
    Phone: 347-597-6088
    yahoo.com

my name is rashidchowdhury im desable person i recive ssd limited incom conedison harassing me with over charge utility bills one time they send bills for$1, 896 conedison did not mention this for what condeson put the amount wha they want then sended to me pl help me about con edison problem thank you my account #326533085500111

• Hm
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Con Edison - What the FUCK
    Bayside
    California

I live in 216th bayside ny 11361, your [censored]ing employees is not working on our block, WHY the [censored] do they need to leave their orange CONE on the block to save parking for their. Are they [censored]ing retards. They are [censored]ing doing construction every [censored]ing year. Its [censored]ing annoying.

• Sh
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Con Edison - Meter
    Brooklyn
    New York

Something is not right with the meter. It's been running faster than all of my Neighbors meters. I want con ed. To check the meter or to replace the meter. I am getting higher bills then my neighbors. My appointment is smaller then others .

• Pe
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Con Edison - Higher price
    New York

I live in 1 bedroom apt in brooklyn for last 17 years with my family. I used to get the electricity bill not more than 150 to 160. I enrolled in a autopay. This month suddenly they send me the bill of almost $300. I called them but they say thts it's my monthy usage. I feel like they r cheating.

4th of Nov, 2018
    Con Edison - illegal sharing of electricity
    New York

There are two buildings illegally sharing electricity. They are 1083 Fifth Avenue and 3 East 89th Street. This is only visible in the basement area so Con Ed will need to inspect the buildings.