Comwave / Asking money & threatening to send info to collection agency

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Please be aware of this company, My friend cancelled the account, but even after cancellation they keep service continue and then ask for charges and threating to send info to Collection agency and reporting to credit bureau. These people are not good. Ask for written contract or try to record the convrsation when you sign up by phone.

Comments

• Lo
      8th of Oct, 2009

26th of Oct, 2009

yes u r right

• Ih
      26th of Oct, 2009

Yes your right, very bad service, they are held on canada can they report to credit bereau or they only threaten pls let me know..
    They threaten mt they will send me to colection agency even though i dont owe them anything and they charge my cancellation fee..what the hell they are...
    Please any one of you reply me it will be great help..

• Za
      11th of Feb, 2011

I wish I could see that comments before. I am without phone even when I paid more than the amount.
    I can not contact them because I do not have phone .
    I can not chat online because the person is not available.

• Wr
      10th of Apr, 2011

Comewave are con artists. I wish I had done simple google search on them.
    Do NOT sign up with them. They are GoDaddy of Canada. Do not sign up or you will regret.
    Their cunning deceptive marketing strategies are disgusting. hiding real prices and consequences for cancellation etc.

STAY AWAY!!!

• On
      24th of Apr, 2011

Yes this is all true. They signed my mother up without her consent and are now charging her. We asked for an investigation of the account and after that she got a call stating that if her account wasnt paid in full, it would be sent to a collection agency. Disguising company. We willl also be making a complaint with the Bette Business Bureau and encourage anyone else who has been scammed to do the same

• Ky
      5th of May, 2011

This is very true. I had a long distance service with them for 4 years. Last time they offered me $25 voucher for a contract of 1 year and then I moved to a different territory where they couldn't provide me local access number and then cancelled my service and sent me bill of $200, and after 2-3 months sent claim to a collection agency. Now I am arguing with them but they insist to pay this amount. I am looking volunteers to join a submit a collective complaint to BBB and consumers Canada, because they don't follow Canada telecom rules. Comwave is already on F on BBB rating. There are hundreds and thousand complaints against them and I am sure consumer Canada will defiinitely look into this matter which is harasing and making wrong money from Canadians. Email me at [email protected] if needed.

• Sc
      5th of Sep, 2011

i pretend to be new client.. as my mom ws scammed..and all the sales rep was saying free free free.. i asked to spk to team leader they they gave me some bs..that i didn't ask specific question regarding changein my line over and if i cancel it would cost me money to buy back the phone line..what kind a crap was that

•   5th of Jun, 2012

I have spoke to at least six representatives over a month period. I have used Comwave for about 2 years. Every request to cancel my account which I do not need is answered the same. A technical representative will call me. Usually it is said they will call the next day or in a couple days. I have never gotten a call. It is not good business to be involved with a company that does not follow it, s customers requests. And technically Comwave owes me money for continuing to charge me a service I do not utilize.

16th of Jan, 2013

Why didn't I see this site earlier? Extremely sneaky and dishonest. Claim to give 6 months free but start charging from the 4th month. Before I had realized, they had charged my credit card for the cost of the equipment, shipping and extended warranty??? All their initial sales promise were retracted and now after using them for 4 months, they want me to pay nearly $1500 to close the account! It is extremely disappointing to know that such scam bags are still allowed to operate. Never again will I use a service that forces me to allow for pre-authorize payment with credit card.