Comtread.com / Bad service

Their international order creditcard check sucks. 4 days after ordering I got an email that they charged my card with a small amount and I must tell which amount. The creditcard company gives me ones a month a transaction summary and does not give information by telephone or email, so I must wait 5 weeks. The alternative is to fax them a copy of my pasport or driver licence with the front and back of my creditcard. No way. The fact that the billing address is the same as the shipping address and the creditcard is not blocked after a week should be enough. Later they asked for the security code and service telephone number and then nothing happened. Yes, another email that verification has started... After 10 days I cancelled the order.
On 30 nov. I received my account overview and tried ordering again. I mentioned the amount they charged on the order form and guess what, I must fax a copy of ID and creditcard... I replied that supplying the charging amount was enough last time but they use answering bots, so what do I get this time: the verification process has started. [censored] I just emailed back the amount they charged and now they say that they did not charge this order!!! FKFKFK. It's about validating yes not orders! So I have cancelled again and asked for reinstating the previous order that they have charged. That stupid bot just cancelled everything. Hopeless. And they did not refund the initial charge. I have placed my order at oempcworld where they use paypal.

Ga

Comments

• Bi
      3rd of Mar, 2009

The service is less than I hoped. The last thing I saw as being a issue, was. I had 22 of 250 drives that would not work. Guess what I'm still 22 drives short of working drives. Some of he drives would not hold the amount of data they should have. I wish I never went do this road.

• Co
      25th of Jun, 2009

This is a reply to both comments posted here about our company, Comtread.

In regards to the first post, we believe this customer is misinformed about our ordering process. We do not use any automated systems for our ordering, as you will always have a real person to speak to when buying from us. It is highly possible that this person bought from a different company while mistakenly remembering us as the vendor. In a heavily saturated market, it is easy to confuse one company with another.

For the other comment posted about the drives that did not work, we offer lifetime replacement for any non-working drives. Had this customer contacted us about his problem, we would gladly replace or refund any malfunctioning drives upon receipt.

Comtread Inc.