Comstock Parts Used Car Parts / Non-Delivery

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-730-9288

On August 3, 2010, Comstock Parts charged my Visa $850 for a used engine for my Mazda 626. They promised delivery in two weeks. Calls approximately once to twice per week since then are occasionally answered. When the calls are answered, the personnel answering the phone seem to remember my name, and promise that the engine is in the warehouse waiting to be delivered.

Yesterday, the person answering the phone seemed in a hurry to get rid of me. He said he needed to check with the shipper then call me right back. A half hour later I called and received discourteous treatment saying that he would have called if he had heard anything. This was around noon, and he said that he would call an leave a message before the day was through.

Today, no one answered on the five or six occasions throughout the day that I called.

I only knew of Comstock's existence because they quickly replied to a used part request on a website that polls numerous salvage yards. My guess is that they poach such sites, see what is available on the market, then undercut all other providers with supposed lower mileage parts for lower prices that they never deliver.

Be extremely alert. Experiences similar to mine appear to be common with Comstock Parts. Complaints can be found on various forums around the internet.

Comments

• Co
      1st of Oct, 2010
    Comstock Parts Used Car Parts - Warranty worthless
    Comstock Parts
    3491 Pall Mall Dr, Jacksonville, FL
    Jacksonville
    Florida
    Phone: 877-730-9288
    comstockparts.com

I ordered a used engine for a 96 Geo Tracker that was supposed to have approximately 50, 000 miles on it for over $1000.00. Upon arrival the engine was in terrible condition and unusable. I was told by Comstock that I could not expect a refund unless I installed and tried to crank this engine so I had my mechanic install it and then pull it out when it would absolutely not crank (it was siezed and locked up). This labor charge was at my expense of course, it's in the contract I agreed to. I returned the engine at my further expense (also in the contract I agreed to). After the engine was returned to Comstock I started my refund claim and that was supposed to take no more than 30 days. After three months I still had not received a refund and calling the owner of the company didn't produce any results either. It was always one excuse after the other until I finally realized that by using a Master Card for the purchase I could dispute the charge. After another month and the help of Master Card's massive legal team I was able to resolve the dispute in my favor and get credited with the purchase price. Had I sent a business or personal check or Money Order or used a business credit card (you cannot dispute charges if a business card is used ) I would have had no help in getting the refund and would have had to try to sue the company for the refund.

• Th
      1st of Oct, 2010

Well sure as heck boy there's r problem... yr car be one dhem tyhem fureign kinds no ones likes or cares about. However poor taste is not the problem here. CALL YOUR C/C CO. NOW!!! GET YOU MONEY BACK. DO IT, DO IT NOW BOY AND PRAY THAT IT AINIT BOA YOU GOT...

4th of Nov, 2010

This is similar to my experience with Comstock Parts. They shipped me a defective engine and managed to string me along until I could no longer dispute it with the card issuer.

I have also found numerous other similar problems with them filed with the Better Business Bureau and various websites like [redacted].

4th of Nov, 2010

Check them out with the better business bureau. Check other websites such as [redacted]. You will see the screw people left and right. They got me for over $2K. It is going to cost me over $1000 to sue them and they know it.

It is salvage guys like this that give that whole industry a horrible reputation.

• Sn
      13th of Jun, 2011

I was also ripped off for $800.00 on my Mastercard for engine purchased and never got. Try to get your money back