Compuvest / Buyers beware!

I ordered two Logitech Communicate STX webcams from compuvest.com. The second order number is:[protected]. These are advertised as NEW but they are actually REFURBISHED! I received them in a "Plain Box" with no manual.The DVD that was sent with them has no lettering on it. The tag on the cord is cut in half. According to the Logitech company this means refurbished equipment. I will never purchase again from this dishonest company. Buyers beware!

Hi

Comments

• St
      15th of Oct, 2009
    Compuvest - Bait and Switch
    Compuvest
    3600 Lind Ave SW Suite 130
    Renton
    Washington
    Phone: 888-644-7017
    compuvest.com

Ordered a computer graphics card for $119.99, and paid for overnight shipping. Compuvest took my money.

The next day they sent an email saying they were out of stock, but would be happy to order more and honor my order if I paid them 25% over their advertised price.

• Mo
      8th of Jan, 2014

It's hard to say much about the specific complaint as we only have one viewpoint. I will, however, observe that a great many items sold by CompuVest are refurbished and are clearly identified as such. Usually they, Compuvest, indicate if refurbishment was carried out by the manufacturer or by a third party.

Personally I've purchased quite a few things from CompuVest over the years, mostly new but some refurbished and as far as I can tell I've always received what I ordered.

That doesn't mean this complaint isn't valid nor that other complaints are without merit. But I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to damn the company on the basis of some bad experiences.