Compuvest / Scam charges

I ordered an HP 8250 scanner and software. I told them I had an OS of Vista and they assured me it would work. I paid $240.00 on 10/16/2008. When I installed the scanner it did not work. I called them & e-mailed them they finally told me to return the unit and they would repay my cost.

I shipped the unit back to them and they only paid me $160.65 back. It cost me $43.00 to return the unit to them. This makes a total of $122.35 out of my pocket for a defective unit they sent me. I later bought another HP 8250 from Computer Geeks for $69.99 plus shipping of $43.30. I installed the unit and it works great.

I would advise everyone to stay away from this deceitful company. I will never do business with them again.

Re

More Compuvest Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Dw
      18th of Feb, 2009

Purchased a CPU from CompuVest that when received had been removed from the box leaving only the box and instructions. When reported CompuVest placed the blame on FedEx and offered me no replacement because they were out of stock on that SKU#. However the same product was offered at a much higher price on a different SKU# and all I had to do was fork up the difference. There was no obvious tampering with the packaging. CompuVest scam!!! Beware of CompuVest not FedEx.

• Gu
      19th of Jun, 2009

I would avoid this store like the dreaded plague. Purchased a "new- in box" 30GB MS Zune MP3 player for $149.99 + 10.12 shipping. Good price (it must be their selling "hook"). But there is always a catch... in this case, the unit would not work. Contacted Compuvest and sent the unit back within 2-days (out another $10+). It took forever for them to process a refund and when they did they shorted me $22.50. I am not insinuating anything but perhaps some other poor sucker(s) was sent the same unit I ordered and the situational scam continues. Not cool in my book. And a terrible business practice for any reputable business. Do yourselves a favor and bypass this store.

• Ph
      9th of Mar, 2010

I Agree, DO NOT BUY from this shop. definitely a scam. my mistake, i should have check out sites like this to know if the shop is a scam or not. I ordered and paid for a brand new Nortel Bay Stack Switch, but they delivered used or refurbished unit, put it in used cisco box, unit with lots of scratches. paid for $1, 290.00 for the price of thier brand new unit, thought that it was a good buy...not expecting the catch was they will send used / refurbished unit. they won't issue RMA#, and only offered $200.00 discount for an old unit and their refurbished unit just cost $519.25 only. DEFINITELY A SCAM COMPANY.