Computer Training Center / Buyer beware!

1 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, Scottsdale, AZScottsdale, AZ, United States
Phone: 480--624-2599

This is a deceptive business and the people who run it don't care about their customers. As part of the sign-up, they say you will get a bonus that will pay $300.00 TODAY (their caps) for taking a survey. But after you pay your money and go to the survey site, they tell you they will pay in 60 to 90 days, and maybe only if they accept your mini essay! My plan was to do the survey to cover the cost of my payment. What a joke!

Overall, the Computer Training site emphasizes how easy it is to make money: Just type 3 or 4 sentences into some online forms and you will get paid! You can supposedly make thousands a month. This is also deceptive, because the process is more complicated and less predictable.

There are many categories and sites to look over. Most are NOT the big US companies they use in their advertising. Many seemed like scam sites to me, so I was hesitant to keep going. But for you to get paid, people have to buy a program, e-book, or whatever the site is selling before you make any money. They leave out all this detail on their site! You might not do well, depending on all these variables, many of which you can't control.

Another reason I signed up is that they had a high (approved) rating from an independent agency called the Consumer Advocacy Group. The Computer Training people added a link on their main page to that site, which I looked over.

That advocacy site listed the Computer Training Center as their best rated company for "Approved Work at Home Opportunities." There were several others listed below them. The day after I signed up, I researched the WHOIS database and discovered another painful truth: The Consumer Advocacy Group has the same address and phone number as the Computer Training Center! How bogus is that? They are at 15111 N. Hayden Road, Ste 160, in Scottsdale, AZ. I couldn't believe how far these people went to deceive potential customers! Clearly, this is a set up! It's intentional and fraudulent!

You're also supposed to post ads on Yahoo and Google, but the Yahoo Classifieds were discontinued as of October of this year.

I told their customer service people of my concerns and frustrations the same day I signed up. I asked for a refund. They didn't address the concerns I raised (cleaver), and stated that I had to follow very specific activities, such opening additional accounts and providing click-throughs to get a refund.

I told them of my concerns again, and said I would go to my credit card company to dispute the charges. They accused me of trying to commit fraud! It's utterly ridiculous!

Unless you like to be ripped off, do not pay these people any money! This really is a scam!