Computer Associates / Rip off!

El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-318-7961
I am SURE I am not the only victim of this scam from CA Associates (formerly Computer Associates Internet Security Suite). Sadly, I had to get burned TWICE before I decided to fight back and really start making problems. I bought their junk software from Tigerdirect.com (who won't help and couldn't care less that they help the rip off!) only because it came with a 'FREE 2GB COMPACT FLASH DRIVE'. The rebate stated I needed to send in a 'screen shot' print of my current anti virus software / license (Kaspersky) along with a copy of my invoice and original UPC. I DID!

Weeks later I got a post card stating that my rebate was INVALID because I did not provide proof of a 'competitive product'. So O took another screenshot of my license and sent it in again with the post card as instructed.

STILL NOTHING! When I check, the only thing I get is it telling me my rebate is INVALID. The first time it cost me $40, this time it was $45. Isn't there some class action suits already working for this!?!?!? I am sure I am not alone on this!

HELP!!!

FYI, the rebate states this:

Provide proof of purchase of a competitive version of a CA recognized security product from McAfee, Symantec, Trendmicro, Webroot, Lavasoft, Intermute, FBM or other manufacturerrecognized CA competitor. (MINE WAS KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS)Send copy of original invoice or a print screen of the Help/About screen (see below for instructions). http://www.carebatecenter.com.
Va

More Computer Associates Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  4th of Feb, 2008
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with other consumers. I wish there were more consumers like you.
Ha
  5th of May, 2008
I to am battling with them regarding a rebate.Received the same card in the mail stating invalid. I emailed them and was told because I did not buy the product online but the box at tigrdirect did not state that. So I called and was told the check is on the way. When I questioned as to why I had to go through this I was told "don't worry about it". Then I received another card stating my rebate was invalid because they didn't receive my rebate information. I have an email from them stating they received the rebate information. I emailed them again and have not heard back. If you google for Computer Associates rebate issues you will find numerous complaints against CA. I will continue to fight but will never buy another thing from CA or Tiger Direct.
Th
  19th of Aug, 2008
I had the same experience. I bought their virus protection from Tiger. I got the same info on a card from them. I sent back the information they wanted. I have been waiting since January. Never heard from them. It is now the middle of August.