Computer Associates / Deceptive Billing Practice

1 OH, United States Review updated:

Just found this site when investigating Computer Associates. They have played me using their auto renewal tactic. They forward an email saying that they intend to renew the Software License and provide a link to use if you want to decline. The link page requires nonexistant information be entered before allowing submittal. Therefore, you can't cancel. They then bill the account and enjoy the shelter of saying that I some how agreed to the renewal. It is impossible to contact them via telephone in any meaningful way. They are able to bypass an account closure and bill the replacement account. Just today they were able to somehow forward a charge from eleven months ago to my new account. I have no idea how they did that. I too can attest that their software is weak. I had a virus walk right through it.

The credit card company should refuse to serve these companies. Where are the consumer advocates these days?

Ti

More Computer Associates Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      10th of Jul, 2008
    Computer Associates - Bad product, bad service
    Computer Associates
    PO Box 540028
    El Paso
    Texas

Failed to honor rebate of $45.00. Contacted the BBB. Still waiting for reply. DON'T DO IT!!! PRODUCT IS CR*P AND MANUFACTURE IS TOO! WILL NEVER BUY CA AGAIN!!!

• Th
      19th of Aug, 2008

I just called up Tiger Direct customer service. He told me that Tiger will do its best to get my money back. He sounded very interested and concerned. He has restored my confidence in Tiger Direct. I think that Tiger can only do so much. At least they are going to try. If I get it, I will post it.

Tom Vogt

• Jm
      25th of Mar, 2009

I worked for CA out of their Lyle, IL office for a year. They wanted me to lie to clients, played a SERIOUS game of musical chairs with accounts and clients and were what I consider to be a shady operation selling "vaporware". We had no successful implementations of their products (as far as I knew) while I was there.

CA really pushed the sales team to produce but the two biggest clients that I was assigned (ADM and Caterpillar) had dumped the Unicenter product in the trash can and refused to ever talk to us. I did manage to open ADM up again, however. I spoke with the CEO Glenn Allen Andreas who was very interested in the ETrust security suite. The minute I opened up the account again CA rewarded me by pulling it from me and transferred it to some muckety muck VP that proceeded to fail miserably with Mr. Andreas (not surprising since Mr. A liked me). Needless to say, I was unsuccessful, made no money closed only three very small "upgrade" deals in a year, had three different VP's I reported to. So, I quit. I wish I had never gone there in the first place.

• Pr
      7th of Apr, 2010
    Computer Associates - Security companies are sending viruses
    Santa Cruz
    California

I already have an AVG security in my computer have a pop up from Yahoo Macafee when I power up my computer requesting to renew my security for 50 dollars. Recently I have another pop up from CA (Computer Associates)to renew my security for 100 dollars. Both of these annoying pop up's are a virus from the security companies, and you cannot remove them. I tried to remove the CA program and could not, and cannot remove the annoying pop up.
    GUESS WHAT, THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A FRAUD E-MAIL, MY FIRST. THE E-MAIL WAS FROM UPS(not authentic) ABOUT A SHIPMENT I HAD TO PICK UP, I FELL FOR THAT AND NOW I HAVE A VIRUS.
    Is anyone out there watching these compaies??

• Ba
      7th of Dec, 2010

my sending agriment prom allianceoil co.until naw no inset passport and agriment im witting work permit

• Ju
      10th of Dec, 2011

I, also have the same problem and when I contacted them they said I have to go to their site to
    they be able to remove that annoying pop, but they never did it.