CompUSA / I personally would avoid CompUSA completely due to their complete disrespect for their customers

1 United States

Earlier this year I purchased a PC from CompUSA for $400 with an amazing $200 rebate. After submitting the rebate I heard nothing for months, calling in every couple of weeks.

Finally they told me the rebate was denied. It turns out the rebate was valid for a specific range of dates, and although I waited until 10 minutes past midnight before I made the purchase, in order to comply with the terms, the purchase was logged under the time zone of the company's headquarters (in Central time).

I am in EST, and they denied my rebate claim based on that. I called in to try and explain and they assured me it was OK. In fact an employee from one department told me they had put in for the refund.

It’s been months, and I haven’t seen the rebate. So if you decide to risk it, make sure you get your dates and time zones straight. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I personally would avoid CompUSA completely due to their complete disrespect for their customers.

Fi