CompuRecovery / ripoff

34675 Melinz Parkway
Phone: (866)424-5123
This company over-promises and severely under-delivers. I sent my hard drive in for repair. Their final quote was ten times the original estimate, so I asked for my drive to be returned unfixed. Initially they had promised free shipping, but now they wanted $45 to return the drive. Since I had shipped it to them, I know it only cost less than $10 for shipping. When I received the drive 3 weeks later, the power cord (which I had labelled with my name and phone number) was missing and screws were loose in the packing. They had just thrown the parts into a box, with no consideration of padding or preservation.

They did not provide free shipping as promised. They did not return all my stuff. They stuff they returned was not packaged properly. This company will rip you off. Avoid at all costs.

D  29th of Jul, 2009 by
Compurecovery compaints was originally posted by our competitors.

Every once in a while, a company comes along with strategies to get to the top, regardless of the road they take. Criticizing a reputable company, posting negative reviews, and putting a company to shame will only generate more clients and customers for the attacking company, but will hurt the reputable company in the long run. Our competitors do in fact go out of their way to criticize us in every worst way possible.
There are six billion people in the worlds. There are an estimated 14 billion websites on the internet, and there is always that one person who will look down upon a business. There is always a person who will mumble nonsense, who will neglect honesty, integrity, and will go above and beyond to criticize a business and ruin the reputation. During this day in age, the same person now has the power of the internet.
On the other side, we have a deranged individual or individuals who may have or may have not ever dealt with Compurecovery before. A person or a group of people can place anything on to the World Wide Web, and the public may believe it. Unfortunately, besides false delegations, attacks, and criticizing statements which are not able to be backed up, the author of the post does not reveal any information about himself. The real truth remains hidden and buried in front of all the lies about compurecovery.
We do not expect you to take our side immediately. We do not expect you to believe us, but we do ask you to consider the options and keeping in mind there are two sides to every story.

The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.
N  8th of Aug, 2009 by
Competitors like who?
himself? i think her complaint is legit, you defend your company no matter what :)
If this is true, your engineers are messed up man!!!
One question:
What software is the best for self recovery?
Assuming that you work on recovering commercial data.
thanks in advance.
Denny from Missouri
N  3rd of Oct, 2009 by
Scam ran by federal ex-convict.
Igor Abramovsky was jailed in
the 1990s after threatening
customers of Cleveland-based,
Russian-owned computer companies.
The FBI said he claimed connections
to Russian mobsters in New York City.
D  19th of Jul, 2010 by
I trusted ConpuRecovery with my information and they recovered it for me. I spoke with the customer service representatives and they were helpful. I recieved my data quickly on two CDs and everything went smoothly. I dont know if these reviews are lies or not, but I had a great experience with them. If I were asked to do business with them again, I would.
N  27th of Dec, 2010 by
I must say I had no idea that people were posting such horrible reviews about CompuRecovery when I initially sent in my hard drive for data recovery; if I knew I would never have sent it in.

Regardless, Im very happy that I did not listen to all this junk when I sent in my hard drive. Whether or not these are competitors' posts I know that Im very pleased with the work that has been performed. I had my files recovered in a little bit over a week and the cost was half of what the other guys were charging.

In addition to that, I wanted to add that the reason Im on this website IS because I wanted to write CompuRecovery a positive review for a job well done, but instead I came about this thread and wanted to chime in and share my opinion.

Maria De Leo