Compucom SystemsMileage Reimbursement

1 Review updated:

I am 35 and have been working for CompuCom for a while now. Recently the organization laid off several of its employees. In so doing they made ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES. My title was changed and I was informed I would now be considered a work from home dispatch tech.(Even though I have an office that I am required to use and report to.) This change impacted me by saying that I must now deduct 50 miles per day in before claiming mileage reimbursement. I did the math on this and without any question I stand to lose in the area of $400 dollars a month.
Here is the catch this change was not done company wide. It was only done to 3 employees. Every other employee that works for this company unless they are dedicated office employees can continue to turn in mileage the same as always. I am highly frustrated by this situation if you are interested in talking about this or have suggestions contact me on yahoo @ shadowgate_csc

Comments

• Fr
      Jun 12, 2010

I work for them too. Nothing would make me happier than to see this place go under like a rock. They ask you to use your personal vehicle with NO regard for how many miles you put on the damn thing (over 200, 000 so far with three years of payments left) saying that their meager mileage reimbursement will cover the costs. [censor]!!! Maybe if they would pay their employees better it would. To hell with CompuCrap.

• Nu
      Sep 22, 2010

[censor] CompuCom, only reason I'm there is because it's a job and there's nothing else out there as of now. You do your job, but your balls and all the do is find something to [censor] about. I hope those [censor]ers in upper management read this [censor] so they can see how we actually fell about them and if they do; here's a big [censor] YOU! All you manager idiots can go to hell and lick balls.

• Bl
      Nov 29, 2010

I work in the NJ Compucom branch. Where to start. Pay sucks, mandatory overtime all the time, warehouse conditions but made to where a uniform. Management has got you by the sack and they know it. Stay away, FAR AWAY.

Dec 28, 2010

If someone is that unhappy then they should quit. Go work somewhere else. I don't think that will help these three folks as they will be unhappy no matter where they work.

Jul 03, 2011

Fredsmith1991 is right; I found this video on YouTube that narrows it down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hma0O6iKjVo

• Up
      Dec 16, 2011

In the fifteen years that I've been an IT gunslinger - in many industries, including government - I've never seen such a disorganized, buck-passing, humorless gaggle of ### as Compucom's management team. Their mandate now seems to be (as if they haven't already been buggering their field staff for years) how much extra uncompensated labor they can milk from non-exempt employees, while they pile on more and more commitments to clients that they realistically can't honor with the staff they still DO have. Word to the corporate pud-pullers: all it'll take is one anonymous complaint in the right ear, and an audit will sink that ###ing sweat shop two feet lower than whale ###. Book it.

Jan 04, 2012

i've been there too, , more work, , more sla's, , unrealistic commitments, , , no pay raises, , now we have an imaginary field office, , i've been a remote tech for years, , traveling from my "home office" to customer service calls and ups and fedex depots, , now they dont want to pay us travel time home !!!...im starting to hate this company ...

• Ha
      Mar 20, 2012

I was with Getronics prior to CompuSUCK buying us out! I used to be able to say that I LOVED my job! Now I hate my JOB. All of us in Southern CA. were told to take off the first 50 miles even though we work from home. We all worked free OT because there was no way to get all the work, certs, study time, updateing calls, ordering parts etc... done.
    Really rotten company! Stay AWAY!!

• Li
      May 18, 2012

that is why it's called CompuCrap

• Co
      Mar 26, 2013

The most unprofessional company ever worked for. They fired a tech in dallas for failure to pay for a piece of bacon that was stuck to 3 other pieces that he did pay for. Some India crap of ### followed the dude back to his unit. Petty petty. They slave us in the NOC, back biting high scholler atmosphere. Management wants you to lie to your customers about how many techs work their account. The sales team at the telcos try and get you fired if you won't lie for them. Most accounts get sent to INDIA and Mexico. We have had 3 different directors in 6 months. 12 hr shifts and then some. Good workers quit as soon as possible before getting laid off or fired. yes they only keep the lazy ones, the foreigners, the crappy ### ones. The IT director from India is a master liar and I'll be outta here soon as economy picks up. Stay clear from compucom !!!

• Ju
      Oct 04, 2013

CompuCom is a very reactive entity to its dedicated employees as apposed to proactive. If executive management find a way to cut costs, it will. While this is standard business practice, most do not practice this at the cost of its employees. CompuCom is not a career move. They utilize the ''economy is bad'' approach when increases are brought into question. I am a current employee who has worked on one of their larger contacts, and in 5 years I have yet to receive any type of cost of living increases. They will continue to send out surveys to employees asking ''other than wage increases, how can Compucom increase morale and productivity?'' Considering no raises have been given in years, that's pretty much common sense. Compucom has yet to have a financial loss in years. 1.5 billion in revenue in 2012, 1.1 billion in 2011 and 9.75 million in 2010. They have one of the highest ROI which equates to 60 percent, and as another article on the web has stated, Apple has an ROI of 33 percent. If you consider applying for a job, make sure you negotiate a higher starting salary than offered or walk away. You will be stuck with that salary until you quit. Not to mention they cut their investment into our 401k plan, change medical insurance providers like underware which in turn cost more out of pocket via co-pays and deductibles. Very shoddy business practices and no regard for its employees.

• Wo
      Mar 07, 2014

What compucom is doing is against California State Laws and mike knows it. I was told the same things about the mileage but always put the actual time and mileage on my time sheet and expense report and they always paid it.
    If they had ever changed it I was going to file an official complaint with the labor commission, but they never did.
    When I talked to labor commission I ask about the travel time home from a call and the mileage, and in California they are both covered.
    Even though I always reported actual time and mileage it was always paid. In meeting they would continue tell you deduct the first 50 miles and time but I never did. One thing they would do when they were unhappy that you were not following their instructions was to send you on all the far away calls. This of course means you can do fewer calls in a day makes you not meet there expected call done per day.
    Then on your Yearly review if they do one they say you are lower than expectations for call closed per day and your not getting a raise.
    Raises are so low and far apart that I never planned on getting one. They like to hire Kids right out of School who do not know any better.
    Just not a good company to work for. It is a very low Pay industry and no company has ever formed a union in computer repair.
    Hopefully some day that will happen.
    Good luck.

• De
      Jun 13, 2014

Where to start with CompuSuck, The recruitment lies about what the job entails. I told I would be working with there IT devices and Computers. All I've done is gone around and done "Preventive Maintenance" I've yet to see a a mileage reimbursement. I have no idea who my manager is. No direction shotty training. Loads of overtime, some stores are two hours apart. SLA's that don't seem to be reasonable. Unless you're swapping out hardware everything is escalated. I'f you have experience administrating networks and servers being a Field Tech in Walmart is a ### job and someone with minimal technology experience. If you're just getting into the IT field or like being run around like an idiot this might be the job for you, but if you're experienced stay far far far far away. Worst job change I ever made. No way in hell is this dump a career.

• Ro
      Jun 24, 2014

New to compucom but I'll give u the skinny on 2 months worth. Lied to about a company car. "Waiting on trains to distribute the vans to techs" is the current response. Everybody and their mother knows walmart hasn't signed off yet so why not tell the truth. They are gonna give u .42 a mile but not pay for the first or last 15 miles. So it's almost 7 bucks a day charge to drive your own car. Everything is laptop based. You will need to turn the hot spot on on the compucom phone, connect, and go accept, en route blah blah blah in real time on the laptop. Its a hassle and really time consuming. Job should be advertised as a secretary with occasional pos, pc, printer repair. Not joking at all about that last bit. Different websites for mileage, timeclock, daily calls closed, parts. Its at least 2 hrs admin If you count all the time turning on hot spot and completing real time activities throughout the day.This is not really a complaint. Just an honest opinion.

• Co
      Aug 15, 2014
    Best Best Advice

OMG where to start! The number one worst experience I have ever had. First started with Insite Global temp to perm total rip off. Pass the buck management. Threatened with firing if I did not comply with covering two states Providence R.I and Boston, MA ! They are consistently in the lower one third of pay for the work performed. I was supposed to be a full time perm position after 90 days worked there for a year and a half. They say I was a contractor however They paid my taxes and this is against the law in Mass. Categorize you as a contract worker you are really a TEMP.they have no intention of giving you a perm position. They try to rip you off with mileage and drive time between job sites. No payment for use of personal auto. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Sep 12, 2014

My husband has worked for them 5 weeks with out a paycheck or gas mileage I have financed his career for the past 5 weeks on my 11.00 job it's ridiculous. He's at 20 Sam's clubs and Wal-Mart's all over southern Michigan spending 200.00 on gas a week. I'm so spent I can't afford toilet paper.

• Fe
      Nov 27, 2014

I'm looking to get out. They are a sinking ship. I don't know who determines the SLA (repair time commitments) but they don't have a clue. The company also has little or no respect for the field techs and makes very poor decisions in terms of how they dispatch them. Like I said, I'm looking to get as soon as possible. Just hard to find jobs in rural Virginia.

• Nc
      Mar 13, 2015

I can say I honestly enjoyed working for them in NC. Their training for new hires needs a big improvement, not to mention the communication between lead techs and field tech is terrible. I had 3 different lead techs and 2 of them had terrible communicating skills. I can't speak for other techs, but I got paid and reimburse for my driving. I agree with previous post on the SLA's and the time expected to fulfill the POS calls. They were promising things they could not honor for Wal-mart. It needs to get more organize and structured. Vans were ordered here in NC but for some reason they were called back within a week or 2 after I received mine. The benefits were great, but I was laid off because they lost POS contracts with Wal Mart.

• Pa
      Nov 16, 2015

Been here a very long time. I learned to stay under the radar and turn like the worm. It is not the same company that hired me. In the beginning it was good. Good work was provided and rewarded. The job was enjoyable. Now you need to be purely operating in a survivor mode. This company has changed hands with 3 private equity firms. The current one Thomas Lee Partners is are real ###. Compucom was sold out under the agreement pay and benefit would be cut to cook the books for the appearance of being under valued. With this Thomas Lee Partners have leverage Compucom with 800 million in debt. These ### don't wait for the profit stream, that would be too ethical. Don't come here, don't work for Compucom, don't do business with them. They lie to their employees, they lie to their customers. They are quick to bill for services they can't fully deliver. No ethics here. It's a massive screw all fest. STAY AWAY!!!

• Sh
      Jan 27, 2016

I was a field tech for Compucom in Los Angeles. Came over from Getronics. After Compucom took over things went downhill quick. Laid off many good techs and replaced them with $10 hr unskilled people who could only swap out whole units which put a large burden of troubleshooting calls on us few senior techs left. Left about 5 years ago after they cut pay and no more company car and lousy reimbursement for mileage on own vehicle. After reading these comments it looks nothing has changed except it may be worse now. No regrets on leaving..life is to short to put up with the BS