Comprehensive weight loss e-book / charged without my consent.!

United States Review updated:
4.8
I oredered a tea off the web a month ago and noticed for the past 2 weeks i have seen several small charges with no explanation. when I called the several 1-800 #'s i received a person more then happy to cancel my so called membership with no refunds when i asked for a confirmation # confirming my cancelation of unauthorized charges they refused & said they could not do that, one lady gave me her name (kathryn)& call #46855) not acceptable for me. After 15.00 of charges for what I dont know a complaint to set a presidence is good for me.

Comments

Yv
  18th of Nov, 2008
I had the same thing happen, luckily though I recieve free legal services through my job and what they are doing is very illegal. I was able to get them to refund my money when I called a second time(the first time I was told they could not issue a refund) to get all the necessary info for my lawyer. When I told the lady why I wanted the info she was suddenly able to "override" the system and refund my money...I'm still going to have a lawyer look into them because what they are doing is very wrong and it works because it is such a relatively small amount of money that most people are not going to call and pay for a lawyer. For me money is tight and any little bit helps, but this is even more a matter of principle and the owners are scammers. If they still haven't given you your money back call and ask for more info to give to your lawyer, they don't know if you really have one or not and they would rather refund you than face a lawsuit.
La
  21st of Nov, 2008
I just called about the $9.95 charge too. They were quick to cancel my "membership" but refused to refund the charge. So, I am simply supposed to throw away the $10 and be satisfied! What a scam. I was actually in Baltimore, Maryland, at Sinai Hospital havimg brain surgery on the date of my charge. I did not even have access to my personal computer for a 6 week period, and believe me that my health concerns were about a lot more than weight loss.
  21st of Nov, 2008
At least you have a phone # to call. I can't get anything about them from anyone. I too have had these charges for who knows what. I never signed up for any membership. I was also getting hit for $4.95 from some company called Insider Secrets Expert Tips. Billed as web access. I got a website for this company's customer service, all live chat, and canceled it (without any offer to refund my money) . They gave me a # for the e book people and it just told me how to access that site with no way to contact them. I went back to the 1st site and ask if they could give me more info on e books and funny thing the women said they were a different company but she could cancel my membership. I don't like being ripped off but more than that I don't like them getting away with it and it needs to be stopped.
Jo
  23rd of Nov, 2008
I too have had charges to my account that i did not agree to for $4.95, $9.95 and $4.95 again. I feel they will continue to come. I am going to call my lawyer.
Ra
  24th of Nov, 2008
WTF!!!
this place are nothing thieves. batstards!!!
I am getting a lawyer involved too.
El
  26th of Nov, 2008
Hi All,
I purchased Wu-Yi tea from their website. After receiving boxes of the stuff that didnt do anything i cancelled it via a live chat from their site. I then notice on my credit card two charges - Web Access and Membership $4.95 US and $9.95 US- i am in Australia so its a litte more expensive. So i rang my credit card company who were very helpful and they told me to try and contact them to cancel the order. They said if i could get it in writing then advise them and if there were any more charges they would not allow them/reverse them. So i went back to Wu-Yi source and asked them to cancel these. They told me that i couldnt, and that i had to call these "other companies direct". Supposedly when i bought the tea i signed up for the Comprehensive E-Book and Insider Secrets membership. I got a web address for insidersecrets and went on live chat and cancelled the order. I couldnt find a site for them and i read online that people rang the number and cost them heaps of money, so i didnt want to call, particularly since i am in Australia. So i went back to Wu-yi. I asked them for the contact details for this E-Book people. And surprisingly they were able to cancel it for me. So if you purchased this tea - go to Wu-Yi source website and hound them to cancel it... ask them details and you will see that they will miraculously want to help out. Thought this might help some of you out :)
Na
  4th of Dec, 2008
Same here... $ down the drain !
I have contacted the RCMP about that Internet fraud !
Ka
  8th of Jan, 2009
I too have been getting these charges.I cancelled my membership with WU-YI as it was costing too much in dispatching it to the UK.I later found that i was being charged 4.95usd and 9.95usd also i was getting charged for the use of my credit card!So i contacted WU-YI and they gave me some web addresses of which i was able to cancel the insider secrets but not the ebook. I rang my bank and they said thay were unable to cancel these payments to them and to try and find out who they were, as i wasnt aware that i had signed up with these companies(if you can call them that!).I ve emailed WU YI today to see if they will cancel it for me as i dont want to be ringing the USA.
Hopefully they will help me, i wish i had looked on here and found out about them first.
Ka
  10th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
well what do you know, WU-YI were able 2 cancel the comprehensive weight loss ebook after all.
Thanks to everyone on here you ve really helped me out.
Ro
  29th of Jan, 2009
I was charged $9.95 for a membership that I know nothing about. I called the 800 # that was posted and was told that my membership was canceled.When I asked about refunding me my 9.95 I was told that they could not do it at this time because their computers were down. How convient. If their computers are down then how can they cancel my membership? I can not afford a lawyer I just hope that no more money will be deducted from my account.
Ad
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Iam in Australia and purchased some Acaiburn tablets. I notced $9.95US going off my account for 2 months now and when i contacted them they confirmed that it is for Comprehensive ebook and I can not contact them via chat or email only by phone.
With the time difference that is a bit of a problem.
If anyone has any other contact details for them, please let me know. thanks
Je
  12th of Feb, 2009
I also ordered some Acaiburn and they charged my card the $4.95 that was suppose to be for S&H. Then there was two $1.00 service fees. THEN came the $9.95 charge for the E Book. I also did not authorize that charge. When I called she knew exactly why I was calling and what I wanted to do, but of course could not refund my money and had no explanation of how they received my cc number or who i could contact to complain to. Apparently she had no supervisor or complaint department. These people are totally scamming us and there is nothing we can do about it except put out the word.
Co
  27th of Feb, 2009
We made no purchases, but had transactions on our card as above. They claim that there is no trace of an account under that card or name, so they "can't refund". They may credit the main order but not the $4.95 or the $9.95.
It's a scam, so report it to the card company as fraud to get the payments refunded to your account. Get your card cancelled and replaced.
  13th of Mar, 2009
Hello,

We are sorry for any inconvenience, but if you have questions or concerns regarding Comprehensive Weight Loss E-book Package and Insider Secrets To Weight Loss that were automatically singed up while placing the order then you have to contact their customer support at 800-989-5907 for Comprehensive Weight Loss E-book and 1-866-279-6513 for Insider Secrets To Weight Loss (9 AM - 5 PM) MST. Live Chat available 8 AM - 5 PM MST at http://www.insidersecretsguide.com/

Please let us know, if you have any questions.

We are always here and happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Margaret
Wu-Yi Source Support Team
  13th of Mar, 2009
sorry I should of said about above email this is the email I got when trying to cancel mine! I have spoken to live chat on wu yi and on insidersecrets but lets see if wu yi ring the e book peoiple for me as promised... you can email these live chats to yourself or bank email address too! which i did! Sue
De
  19th of Mar, 2009
I'm also an Australian customer which added another level to the wild goose chase they send you on in order to cancel you subscription.
These people are con artist but imagine my suprise when i rang my bank to cancel my credit card and they told me that they had so many complaints they had to investigate and the only way to stop the membership was to email : markcustomersupport@gmail.com. So i did this but was informed, like everyone else that i had to cancel the ebook and insider secrets seperately, but unfortunately they are impossible to contact. My advice would be to not waste your time expecting them to do the right thing and just change your account details asap. They must be making a fortune ripping people off small amounts at a time and at a time like this i find their actions dispicable.
My bank informed me that the ebook and insider secrets guide and the associated ongoing charges is legal because they mention it in the small print when you agree to their terms and conditions however, their business conduct appears to be far from legal and judging by the amount of disgruntled customers they may be facing a class action some time soon.
Kt
  21st of Mar, 2009
I ordered Aciaburn and got the insider secrets and ebook without realizing it until the charges showed up on my credit card statement. Fortunately I check this online frequently and was able to catch the unauthorized delivery charges while they were still pending. They were cancelled and I never received anything more. I also cancelled the Acaiburn subscription and sent the stuff back because it was worthless. then a month later I got charged 9.95 for the damn ebook. I called up the number (800-989-5907) and explained that I'd cancelled this membership which had been unauthorized to begin with, and was told they couldn't refund the charge. I asked for a manager and was told there was no one else I could speak to. The woman wouldn't even tell me who she worked for. She was unfazed by promises of legal action and a BBB report, which I'm about to file. Hope someone gets these losers in court eventually...
Ma
  21st of Mar, 2009
I can shed a little bit of light here. I used to take calls for Comprehensive Weight Loss. Don't be too hard on the phone reps, they are told what to say and not to refund. The company puts a lot of pressure on them on their refund stats. In the beginning, we were told to tell people that there would be no refunds. If the call escalated and the customer became demanding, we were to issue 1 courtesy refund. If the call escalated further and the caller became irate, we could refund all charges. This is a lose/lose for the phone rep. In order to help the customer, we had to let the call escalate to the point where we were being yelled at. The company then changed the script and policy, and told us that we could not refund except occassionally. So, again, it set us up for a lot of unpleasant phone calls. When the rep "magically found a way to issue a refund", it means that the call had reached the point where the phone rep could refund without being penalized. I no longer take calls for this company. When the rep tells you that you cannot speak to a manager, they are telling you the truth. There is no way to transfer these calls. The phone rep just has to take the abuse from customers who rightfully feel that they have been ripped off. You will probably get more satisfaction by calling them just to cancel and dealing with your credit card company to get your refunds.
Sa
  24th of Mar, 2009
i have had all of the above problems and actually spoke to a rep with comprehensive e books about 2 weeks ago and cancelled my membership and since then i have had a further 2 charges to my account. i did not realise that there was also the insider secrets that was possibly taking money! i thought i had cancelled memberships from every possible angle but...wu-yi, acaiburn, comprehensive e books!!! what a nightmare!
Ha
  8th of Apr, 2009
Im from the UK and have been getting the same charges. Can someone please give me wu yi source email address so i can contact them