Composite Effects / Product looks nothing like as advertised on the Website

After visiting the compositeeffects website ( also known as cfx masks ) I was impressed with the pictures of their masks and the quality of the paint jobs. These masks are quite expensive compared to regular latex masks, but I really wanted to get something top notch.

I bought one of these masks and it was delivered quickly, however when I opened the box what I saw was nothing like the pictures on the website. The paint job was sloppily put together and in some areas you could see the base color of the actual silicone! Also the seems were very visible.

My guess is they either photoshop the pics or they do a really special job painting up the ones that they use to advertise on the site. Either way, at $500 it was a complete ripoff.

Comments

• Jw
      20th of Apr, 2011

Watchman2009,
    Sounds like you have had a bad experience but I can assure you that the product that you purchased was not in the condition you claim it was in. If it was in that condition you could have returned the product and they would have fixed the issues. No company wins awards for their products and customer satisfaction for something like your describing. CFX products are VERY realistic, durable and well round just great. You get what you pay for and with those prices available, I seriously doubt your product was in that condition. One thing I can agree on though, I noticed that since this year, the photos on the website have a more non-color enhancement look and look more like the photos are taken and then placed straight on web site. Sorry that you have had a bad experience but I wouldn't let it scar you. I would contact them and work it out because everything I see is great.

• Sr
      20th of Apr, 2011

latex masks????

• Wt
      25th of Oct, 2011

Who is the ### now, ... Paypal Claim - nr.PP-001-399-031-925
    04-08-2011 13:03 PDT - Verkoper: Due to your refusal to comply with our payment / order policies, you order has been cancelled. Wes Branton Owner / Manager Composite Effects / CFX
    04-08-2011 13:01 PDT - Verkoper: You have not been spoken to in any way other than to inform you of our policies. It's become obvious that you do not agree with the payment and order policies that you have previously agreed to at the time of placing your order. Due to your refusal to comply with our policies, we will be cancelling your order today. Wes Branton Owner / Manager Composite Effects / CFX
    04-08-2011 12:51 PDT - Koper: This is not the way to speak to customers. With whom do i have the honor speaking with within composite effects ? Identify yourself ?
    04-08-2011 12:41 PDT - Verkoper: We do not ship product without having first received payment, for obvious reasons. As of your dispute, payment can not released. You have 48 hours to remove the dispute or we will cancel your order.
    04-08-2011 11:42 PDT - Koper: On august the 24 2011, me myself and i can escalate this dispute to a claim, it would then take some days for paypal to investigate and to check if i got the mask or not. PAYPAL SHOULD RESOLVE THE PROBLEME ! I STILL WANT THIS MASK AND I DON'T WANT A 15% CANCELLATION FEE APPLIED TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. CUSTOMER IS THE KING. This message is only intended to : Composite Effects / CFX 6786 Pecue Lane, Suite I Baton Rouge, LA 70817
    04-08-2011 08:16 PDT - Verkoper: The ship date on your invoice, which you received and agreed to, shows your ship date to be 8/24/11. Your order is still in production line and is currently on time. So far you have no grounds for dispute, so you have 48 hours to remove the dispute or we will cancel your order.
    04-08-2011 02:16 PDT - Koper: PAYPAL SHOULD RESOLVE THE PROBLEME ! I STILL WANT THIS MASK AND I DON'T WANT A 15% CANCELLATION FEE APPLIED TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. CUSTOMER IS THE KING. This message is only intended to : Composite Effects / CFX 6786 Pecue Lane, Suite I Baton Rouge, LA 70817 ... THIS IS A COPY PASTE TRANSCRIPT FROM : https://www.facebook.com/Compo​siteEffects Question : Lets say you shipped the mask to me after reciept of payment to : paypal@compositeeffects.com and it got lost in shipping or something. How would you replace the product from that third-person point of view ? Who would be responsible Compositeeffects, Paypal or The shipping Company ? With all this fake websites and certificates on the net I'm just trying to explain that if you pay by paypal and you don't get the product you payed for within 45 days and you did not open a dispute after this period, then you can't open a claim anymore ! What would happen then, . You know paypal in the netherlands has a policy that a complain must be opend within 45 days ! After that you can't open any complains. i waited 45 days and then i opend a claim so that i had just enough time to communicate with CFX and then to make a agreement true the paypal communication system that when i will recieve the mask i would close the dispute ! No instead they cancelled it and they banned me from the compositeeffects facebook page, ... What a arrogant ###, ... And yes i have all the rights to be pissed off !

• Wt
      26th of Oct, 2011

From: wes@compositeeffects.com
    Subject: Re: Fw: RE: codger the oldman
    To: alien_waves@hotmail.com

Your mask was not made because of your dispute before the ship date. The order was cancelled before the production of your mask. I gave you an opportunity to remove the dispute and continue with your order, at which you displayed a continued disregard for our ordering and payment policies and no willingness to correct the situation.
    You can not receive the mask in 2-3 weeks because our wait time is currently longer than that. You were informed of your wait time at the time of placing your order and received a copy of your invoice with that information and approved it.

Your lack of cooperation forced me to cancel your order and your inability to comment professionally led to your banning from the facebook page.

Because of this experience, we will not filling any future orders for you.

Wes Branton
    Composite Effects
    Office: 225-756-7875
    Fax: 225-756-7843
    www.compositeeffects.com

• Al
      23rd of Apr, 2013

I a.u from atlantic city nj purchased an exra toasty mask and I recieved it ontime and looks like the website pic and very happy with this mask and ive taken pics to show my friends and they say its not me.