[Resolved] Complete Savings — credit card charges
Complete savings is masquerading as a savings club which magically appears on your credit card statement charging 12.00 a month without your authorization. They slip links in the terms and conditions section or checkout section offering rebate or discounts for purchases by entering your email address and then automactically enroll you in the monthly club and begin your charges. Interestingly this amount is not enough to trigger an alert from your credit card company and they seem to hope you won't notice it either.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CompleteSaveUK.'s Response, May 09, 2016
I will be happy to assist you. I've sent a direct email to you with a full resolution to your query.
Complete Savings is an online membership programme ideal for those who shop online regularly. Complete Savings members have access to a wide range of cashback deals, including an initial cashback reward, a monthly cashback reward, discounted gift cards and 10% cashback at over 650 online stores.
The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.
I hope this message and the email I sent to you directly resolves your query to your satisfaction. If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact me at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.
The Complete Savings team
CompleteSaveUK.'s Response, Dec 18, 2017
I will be very happy to assist you but currently I cannot identify your membership records. Please contact me at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk so that I can confirm your membership record and resolve this matter for you. Thank you.
More Complete Savings Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Complete Save - unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Wly Complete Save - money taken from my credit card monthly without authorisation 
- Complete Savings - scamming credit card numbers 
- [Resolved] Complete Save - fraud 
- [Resolved] WLY*CompleteSave.co.uk - unauthorized charges to bank account 
- Complete Savings / Complete Save - membership charge
- [Resolved] Completesave.co.uk - I just realize that this completesave.co.uk took 15 pounds out of my bank account 
- Completesavings.co.uk - fraud, they taking money from my bank without my permission 
- Complete Savings / Complete Save - unauthorized money being taken out of my bank account
- [Resolved] Complete Save - money back scam