Complete Automotive Repair Services, Protection Plus Inc / parts delivery

Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:
3.75
mechanic was told he could only order my parts through them. placed order. almost 2 weeks later have not received. telling him order was never placed.
delayed my move twice now. about to be forced out of my apt now due to not having my parts in time for my move date.
Kr

Comments

Fr
  26th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
PROTECTION PLUS IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF, I PAID ALMOST 2, 000 FOR A TWO YEAR WARRANTY. I 'M CURRENTLY FIGHTING WITH THEM AND CONSIDERING TAKING THEM TO COURT. MY CAR NEEDED A NEW TRANSMISSION WHICH IS COVERED BY MY WARRANTY, THEY HAVE SENT MY AUTO SHOP THREE USED TRANSMISSIONS OF WHICH NONE OF THEM WERE ANY GOOD. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!1
Co
  9th of Jun, 2009
Thank you very much for posting your complaint, because I was about to make a big mistake with purchasing their Gold Level Plan on a used Car. Everything I have read on the internet has said they are a RIP OFF. I have not read one good comment. Good luck I truly mean that. JR
La
  24th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree about Protection Plus. I also purchased a $2000 extended warranty and sold my car recently and guess what: NO REFUND at all. That is a TOTAL RIP OFF.
Someone should do something about this company - no wonder they have a in the MILLIONS of sales and etc.

PLEASE - do not purchase their extended warranty at all.
Je
  8th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am glad you spoke up because we were about to buy a car with this warranty. Thank goodness for the internet and freedom of speech so we can help each other out. I base a lot of purchase decisions off of consumer reviews. Thank you and sorry it happened to you.
Ca
  30th of Sep, 2009
I bought a used car and a year warrenty with CARS Protection Plus Inc. My car's engine broke down 38 days later. brought it to saturn dealership and they told the insurance company the initial cause of the failer or the engine. Than they requested for further tare down of the engine at my cost to look for further investigation, the wanted to tare down and look at unrelated parts to intitial cause of failer.
Then turned around and said they will not pay for a new engine because they don't know how it happened " The breeched the contract that I signed with them' And i am pissed they rip people off weather you spend 30 dollars or 2000. Most of their court cases are confidential but look at their BBB score they have been filed agains 100 times in the past 12 months! People who only know about this actually file too. Their are many of people at disadvantages that got ripped off and it is not even reported!
Someone needs to close businesses like this down. You think by now scam artist would have been force to close their doors down by now. But their not!
Gr
  8th of Dec, 2010
I just want to warn everyone here and all of the internet about how shady of any operation the CARS Vehicle Warranty company is.

I purchased a $1400 warranty through my dealership for my 05 Ford 250 6.0 Liter Diesel under the pretense that the C.A.R.S. Warranty was essentially a bumper to bumper (under the hood) warranty. I am not a mechanic, so I read the covered parts in the contract prior to purchasing it and between what the dealer told me and what I read, I thought the warranty would cover most issues with the truck in the future.

Boy, was I wrong.

The CARS Warranty is written in such a way that only certain VERY, VERY specific parts are covered and everything pertaining to that part or system is not. The language in the contract you sign is extremely misleading to the point it should be considered to be fraudulent.

C.A.R.S. interprets the language of their covered parts and systems only one way...in the way it doesn't cost them a cent. A lay person cannot distinguish between let's say the "Turbo" and the really expensive pipes [B]required [/B]to [B]have [/B]a Turbo system. They tell me they will cover the Turbo, not parts of it?! WTF?

To date, they have not covered ANY component I've needed to have serviced and even if they did, two separate mechanics I trust who called in prior to servicing for the warranty told me the coverage they do provide is a joke relative to the costs of actually doing the repair or diagnostic.

I've had the coverage for three and half months and haven't been able to utilize it once. I called today, after getting the shaft again, to cancel my coverage and get a pro-rated refund and they won't hear of it.

They have not paid a cent on my warranty. It's not worth having anymore. I want a refund since it's obvious they will continue to find reasons not to pay a claim in the future. I bought a service concept from them that is entirely not what I receiving or going to receive.

Considering they have not paid a cent to me and I do not want the coverage anymore, I find it ludicrous that they will not issue a pro-rated refund. They are basically telling me "tough luck...you signed the contract, you are an idiot and we have $1, 400.00 of yours."

So now, I'm going to have to file suit against them to get a refund. It's so silly, it will cost them more in legal fees and bad exposure. Absolutely brilliant.

Shame on me I suppose...Now I see all this.
Ro
  2nd of Mar, 2011
I too had, and am having, the exact same experience. I bought their 'plus' plan for $3, 000 from a local used car dealer. I've now had this car in for $4, 500 worth of repairs and not a cent is covered. I've never seen anything like it. I see at least one state has kicked them out but they are happily still operating in Missouri and Kansas unfortunately.