Complete Automotive Repair Services / Misleading used car warranty

1 Murrysville, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-335-6838

Misleading warranty. They only allowed 11.8 hours to replace an engine that takes every bit of 20 hours to replace. You think your deductible is $100.00 until they don't pay for tear downs, fluids, etc. etc. You pay good money for what you think is a warranty, and then they try every way to not pay, or pay next to nothing. They covered less than half of the total due from the repair shop. When you call, they will get rude with you, and tell you you should have bought a better warranty plan.

Ma

Comments

• Fl
      28th of Mar, 2009

CARS is a scam. something as simple as a water pump took days and they needed approval after approval. the $100 deduct is a joke. they dont pay for new parts and used or rebuilt parts have no guarantee. a used pump is $55 and a new one $71 with labor i figure after the $100 its going to be pretty cheap wrong! they wont pay because diagnostics was not full complete and thats $80 an hour and they only pay $40 an hour. so after a $71 dollar pump and days of phone calls you get hit with a bill that would make you poop your pants! and still no pay from CARS!

• Rm
      21st of Apr, 2009

I am a used car dealer and wanted you to know that I was approached by a CARS rep here in SATX. I decided to spend a little time on the web to see if there was any added value in using them in my business for my customers. Based on your comments and ones similar about CARS, I'm not going to give them another minute of my time nor any of my customers hard earned money. Your comment made a difference. Thanks. So long CARS...Barry

16th of Jun, 2009

These guys only job is trying not to pay when you have a claim. they use every dirty trick and then when that didn't work, after my car was in the shop for three days they told me I had to take it to another shop that they would approve of. What a scam!!!

• Bm
      17th of Dec, 2009

They are a total rip off. You purchase what you think is a warranty, which is far from it, you'e better off paying out your pocket, it's cheaper and much less of a hassle. They are rude, what's given to you when you purchase the warranty and what they tell you when you speak to them are totally different. How do you replace an engine, but don't pay for fluids? How do you replace a power steering pump and not pay for fluids? If it is required to operate the items replaced it should be covered, the items will not function without these fluids. Bumper to bumper warranty?? You have to ask them who's bumpers are they referring to. What they pay, I see we all agree it a joke in itself. If you allow them to make repairs on your vehicle, with all the junk parts they use covered under their "warranty" it's only a matter of time before your vehicle becomes worthless. It's no longer original, it's all aftermarket junk installed in and on your vehicle. Labor rates, you have to get the guy on the corner to do the repairs to be covered by the vrey small amount they pay for labor, which is a price from how many years ago????? They are the worse and something needs to be done about them and any other Car "warranty" company that operates in the manner that CARS does. I have a BMW with one of their warranty's on it, you know it's running like brand new, a brand new piece of junk! They are horrible! There's no excuse, no reason for the level of, what they call service, they provide. Everyone with a CARS warranty needs to complain to have them put on notice, sued, put out of business, something where we, those of us that purchased one of their warranty's could actually get some real service out of the warranty. People complain, complain, saying nothing gets you nothing, the service in this country has become so because people just accept then it becomes the norm, then it's too late, speak up, complain!

• Ge
      2nd of Jan, 2010

I just purchased a used 1999 GMC 4x4 truck for my son and the dealer told us we should consider purchasing one of these "Used Car Warranties" from C.A.R.S. and I am glad I told them I'd think about it because after very little research I have found nothing but bad press and complaints about this company. Thank you all for taking the time to post your misgivings about this crummy company so people such as myself don't fall prey to this companies poor service record.

Thanks Again!

• Ti
      14th of Jan, 2010

I just bought a used car this past weekend and got the CARS warranty with it. The car broke down on Wed and when I contacted the warranty people, they told me that I need to have the car for a month before the warranty is considered "active". All the paperwork and the contract just say that it may take up to 10 days for an application to be approved. I called them again and got this "well, we dedided to reject your application for warranty". So now I have a new lawn ornament and no way to complete my 1+hour commute. Thanks CARS.

• Br
      16th of Feb, 2010

I think we should all sue CARS they are jokes i cant believe they are taking everyones money and not doing anything to our vehicles we need to get them out of buisness they are all idiotic people who make no sense whatsoever

• Ra
      29th of Mar, 2010

I purchased a car with the CARS warranty. I read the warranty at the dealership and it sounded OK only to find that the warranty I viewed was not the $199.99 warranty I was getting, but it was a much more expensive one. In my opinion the car dealer, Mr. Auto in Hamilton, Ohio, and this C.A.R.S. warranty company are partners in crime to make money off people who think they are getting a good deal on a car and a warranty. Both complete lies. I would like to join with the others who have been screwed by C.A.R.S and file a class action law suit to recover our lost time and money and insure that these scam companies can no longer do business.

• Mr
      28th of Apr, 2010

I'm having the same problem right now. My SUVs Trany droped out of it and needs to be replaced. They are only giving Me $900 of a $2200 Job. I sell car's for a living and Use Cars warranty to sell them with the cars. With the problem I'm having with this company I will NEVER sell another one of there so called warranties because I would never want any customer of mine to go threw the inconveniences I am going threw. They are a bunch of thieves who don't supply what they sell. I HOPE they go out of business.

• Cm
      29th of Apr, 2010

I am so miserable with this company. We had $3000 worth of damage to the car (which i will explain below) and they are paying $88.71! Thats it!!! Meanwhile, this is for the labor and since we had a $100 deductible they end up paying us only $88.71.

So here is what happened. I have a BMW 330ci that we bought used.

Basically the Fan Clutch broke, exploding the fan which broke all these other parts (coolant system, and several other parts WHICH ARE ALL COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY, But because the diagnosis said that the Fan clutch is what broke first, therefore breaking the other parts... they do not consider these parts "breaking on their own". Basically, they try and reword everything to make sure that they dont have to pay a dime. I am totally in if someone wants to sue this company or put them out of business. I will be reporting them to the better business burea and i suggest everyone else do the same.

Also, on top of everything else, they were extremely rude. Never sent anyone to even look at my car and could care less that I am angry even though I am a customer.

• Ni
      20th of May, 2010

I"m having the same problem w/ CARS and would love to sue their [censor] off. I purchased a used Mercedes and was talked into buying this "wonderful" warranty. For $1, 000! Shortly after purchasing the car I started experiencing problems. The mass air flow sensor was bad, there was something wrong w/ the fuel gauge and a couple other things. CARS would cover a fraction of it but not the most important thing, the MAF sensor. We've paid out of pocket to have it replaced 3 times now and it keeps going out. Found out today that the RPM sensor is also bad and needs replaced. It's under warranty but... They want to send one of their parts, no doubt a refurbished/rebuilt/after-market piece of crap part valued at $78 when the Mercedes part costs $430. They were only going to pay $60/hr for labor when most mechanics charge around $140/hr. Long story short, after the deductible and their scamming, they were going to pay for $8 and some change of a $670 repair bill! What an outstanding warranty!!!

• Ri
      21st of Jun, 2010

You get what you pay for! please read your warranty, noones fault but your own.

• Au
      19th of Aug, 2010

well for all of you i am in the sam bull [censor] we all should sew them and i think it should start with us all geting lawers and showing them the facts and im sure we can do something i spent 1, 000 bucks on mine on a 2002 jetta and every thing in the world is going worng with it . i put all my money in it and im 19 years old my family has lost every thing and im on my own trying to make it in the [censor] whole economy and now i have to think them for all of this when will things end and it should start with cars paying us back the money we spent on are cars why dont we say [censor] them and start a petition its are rights as americans and we can get what we diserve wich with me is my 6 grand back and i think we should get to keep are pices of [censor] for the hasel =) plz lets do this for us ... call me and we can get things started my number is 317-366-3712

• Au
      19th of Aug, 2010

o yeah and i got it from omega auto sports in noblesville indiana dont get it if they ask you if you want it