Complet Movers / wrongfully charged for services

1 North York Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I called this company and asked for a quote on moving a junior 1 bedroom apartment and I was told it was $40/hour for 2 men and a truck.

I made the booking for April 26, 2009 for 10am; The movers were 1 hour late and when they arrived they showed me a form and asked me to look it over and sign it. I noticed on the paper it said something about being charged if the movers had to go up and down stairs; I thought it was not relevent as i was already quoted a straight up price of $40/hour.

I helped load the truck even and it went fast. Before preceding a 5 minute to my new apartment, the driver called into the office and when he hung up started to make a bill and I was startled to learn I was on the hook for $357.00.

The move took e4xactly 3 1/2 hours so it should of been only $140.00. The money had to be paid in full or else my stuff would be help until its paid. I called the moving office once the movers left and got no where as i was told i signed the form. I mentioned to him that it was signed under duress cause if I didn't the movers would of left and I would of been in a big mess. It was just a 5 min drive to the new address also.

The next day I contact the better Business Bureau and filed a complaint seeking a refund of the difference. The BBB was now dealing with it and hopefully I get reimbursed.

I encourage anyone else that may have been misled by this company to contact their local BBB office and make a complaint. This company should not be allowed to operate like this especially when the movers with the truck admitted to me that their boss never tells the customer about additional charges.

The break down of my bill is as follows:

Labour $40/hour x 4 hours = $160.00
Travel $40/hour X 2 hours = $80.00
Stairs $2/stair = $76.00

Tax = $41.00

Grand Total $357.08

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2009

what was the name of this company...because the exact same thing happened to me!!! word for word...detail for detail...although i was on the hook for 350.00...as i was reading what happened with your experience...i thought i was reading mine...i placed a complaint to the north york mirror, (where i saw them advertised)...but they seem to still be in there...

3rd of Jun, 2009

hi there not sure if my response was already sent to you as i was having log in problems.

anyways, i am taking this company ( Complete Movers and also known as Logan Moving and Storage) to small claims court cause they like to ignore the better business bureau. if you would like to join me on this with your complaint and all just send me your contact info and we can discuss our plan of action against this company.

3rd of Jun, 2009

I just wanted to bring to your attnetion a few other victims of this company...please check out the following websites:

1. redflagdeals.com
    2. cityrat.com
    3. /link removed/
    4. webgoddesscathy.com

These are just to name a few of many many people who have had word for word experience with this company.

I have contacted north york mirror...and they said they have received a flood of calls from other people who have used them...and are now complaining to the newspaper...the newspaper head office has advised me that they keep blocking these guys from advertising in their newspaper...but they keep coming back with different names...phone #'s...addresses...and apparently they have 4 or 5 other aliases they go by.

Also, this happened to me in july of last year, (2008)...i was going to go through with the whole complaint formally...but i felt it was a waste of time...until i realized their were so many others like me...that if there was enough people...perhaps we have a better leg to stand on if we took action legally.

3rd of Jun, 2009

I am fully aware of how many complaints against this company now. I done a google search and WOW also, the government keeps a list of beware companies and from what I understand Logan moving and storage are listed there as well. I found this out through the consumer protection department within the ministry government ( ontario I think ). Would you care to join me on taking it to this company cause if nobody tried to fight back they will continue doing this to unsuspecting consumers like you and me.

Don't worry, I am not a weirdo. I just want retribution against this company. I even emailed the apparent owner ( Alex ) and got his email and emailed him advising I am giving him 10 business days to resolve this with me nicely and if not i will preceed further. Just waiting for another 3 or 4 business days to pass then I am going after them. Let me know if you would like to join me.

3rd of Jun, 2009

btw...here are some more of their aliases for anyone reading this:
    Logan Movers, who also go by the names L & G Movers, Complete Movers, CMS and Preferred Movers.

also...apparently the 2 of their infamous mover guys are up to five counts of theft and are being arraigned on june 9th/09.

the more i read these...the more i realize that this company needs to pay their dues to everyone they ripped off!!

3rd of Jun, 2009

I remember the one mover that I had went by the name of Barry! does that sound familiar to you

2nd of Nov, 2009

Exactly Same Experience

RipOffs, Lies, Rude and Abusive

• Al
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Luckily, I just had the pleasure dealing with these guys recently. One more victim for them to chalk up.

For the benefits of others, there is one more alias to add to the list now: "Triple Sterling" Movers. Their new telephone number is 416-871-4456. I only made the connection when the trucker gave me the main number: 416-994-4694. Through the wonder of Google, I made the connection with all the alias and eventually got me to this thread.

Lisa, if you are still tracking this thread, I will be interesting in learning from your court experience with them. Or even better, we can join force to deal with them. This may be a civil matter but they should be penalized as a criminal. These guys cannot be just scamming people on moving only.

• Mo
      8th of Dec, 2009

I don't know what you are all talking about. LMS moving moved me and they were amazing. They did everything proper for me and nothing broke. They told me the bill would be around $750.00 and it was $737.09. To bad you are all cheap [censored] that deserve to get ripped off. What an insult to movers to think that movers will come to your house and move you for $120 for 3 hours of service. No matter if you're lied to or not, you have to be an idiot to think it will be done for so cheap. You all should have learned a lesson from this you slave drivers.

8th of Dec, 2009

In response to: "moving lover" - its obvious u started an account on here to say your little bit because you either know them personally or you are one of the people that are employed there, calling us cheap ###s...u obviously did not take the time to read all the details regarding the complaints plastered all over the internet on several different websites.

either way...that is to no concern to me...why dont u go and educate yrself first and see that the internet is filled with over 150 cases (which at least half of them are currently involved in legal proceedings against them), and see just how many people have been ripped off from them, (please make reference to all the websites that we have posted in earlier comments), and this is to warn the general public all the aliases they go under. So obviously why would a company who is sooooo reputable have to keep changing their names, have several aliases, have local newspapers screening and blocking all their names, all their phone #'s, etc..., and they keep coming back under other names and phone #'s, the better business bureau has more than 200 complaints about them to date!!! Why is it that the owner there will hang up on you, tell you to f--- off when u call to ask questions, yeah sounds like such a professional company...LOL!!!

As for being cheap...haha...we are hard working people who shouldn't be ripped off and taken advantage of by crooks, so whatever the costs may be for moving is not the issue...its the principle of false advertising...holding your items like ransom...being verbally and physically abusive to us in our driveways...

Mr."Moving Lover...we will all have our day in court...and if your experiejnce was more than amazing with these guys...than great...u said yr bit...and move on...and we will continue to proceed on our end.

• Mi
      20th of Dec, 2009

I am also a victim of this mob company. They are now advertising themselves on Kijiji as Sterling Movers and are using the website www.greatertorontomovers.ca. Their "Godfather", ***Kumar Gautam***, presents himself as "George", but also plays the role of "Alex", who answers the phone. He uses a voice changer over the phone. He hires immigrants from India and offers them tax-free employment. One of his employees suggested as an extortion that "George" has associations with a local Italian mafia (and that I better be a "nice boy").

They keep changing their names and have mutliple names active:

AAA Sterling Movers
    Triple Sterling Movers
    Sterling Movers
    Complete Movers
    Complete Movers & Storage Inc.
    L.M.S. Moving and Storage
    PARDESI MOVERS
    East Coast Moving
    GTA Storage
    Desi Movers

They list their services on internet sites like Kijiji, Craigslist, and free classified ads. They service the Southern Ontario region.

They have multiple websites:

www.greatertorontomovers.ca
    www.completemovers.ca
    www.loganmovers.ca

They have multiple addresses assciated with them:

18-1040 Martin Grove Road, Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 4W4
    7546 Redstone Rd, Mississauga, Ontario L4T 2B8
    5-20 Millwick Drive, North York, Ontario M9L 2B5

They have multiple phone numbers associated with them:

905-672-0952
    ***416-994-4694*** (This seems to be the main number.)
    1-866-482-8464
    416-871-4456
    416-871-4556
    905-789-6170
    647-688-6683
    647-889-8430
    **416-839-5693** (This is another number they usually answer.)
    416-887-6688
    905-812-5656
    416-491-2740 (No longer in service)

ALL THESE NUMBERS ANSWER WITH THE SAME FAKE VOICE. They use a voice changer to hide their Indian accent.

Check:

/URL removed/

/URL removed/

We need to team up with the police and bust ***Kumar Gautam*** and all these other Indian and Italian losers. He is most likely a vector to other illegal activities and his family (including his wife Nancy) deals with organized crime. He lives in Brampton.

Please email me at mchl086@gmail.com.

• Mi
      20th of Dec, 2009

Here are some more pictures of these losers.

• Ra
      6th of Oct, 2010

Sadly I didn't do enough homework in checking these theives out. They quoted me $60 an hour flat rate for three men to move a one bedroom apt to a house 2km away. I paid $300.00 up front after I signed a simple contract. After two hours of moving the "boss" phoned and demanded $400.00 more dollars or they would take everything off the truck and leave (I should have said ok to that) Then two hours later the head mover presented me with a completely different contract listing all kinds of $ add ons - stairs, items over 40 kg, distance to house, etc. I asked what they were doing and again they said it was my choice to continue or not. They demanded another $400.00 for the last payment but... when they filled the truck and moved my things into the new house they had promised to come back and finish the move. They took off and there was nothing I could do ... I had a licence plate and phone number, my contracts, the police wouldn't even come the house for a statement.

Triple Stirling Movers aka Greater Toronto Movers - these are the names I know them under. Would be intersted to know what actions are being taken. As I sure was "TAKEN". Geeeez, they were nice enough men, shouda known better. The police advised me to contact a department to see if they had a licence to work in Barrie - If they didn't, it would result in a huge fine. Maybe this is a direction to explore further????