Compass Bank / Overcharged
After reading several entries posted on this site, I have to believe that it isn't just my imagination, but that Compass bank has adopted accounting practices with the express intent of getting as much money from their customers as possible in overdraft fees.
I couldn't understand why I could never get my checkbook caught up. Like most other people in today's economy, I am forced to use the overdraft 'protection' offered. Unlike most people, I did NOT become a customer of Compass bank by choice. I was a member of Texas Bank, perfectly happy, then here comes Compass Bank.
For those of you Compass bank employees chiding us 'losers' for not keeping our accounts balanced, all I can say is that I hope you never have need for compassion. Karma being what it is, you're going to writhe on a pole before you get any.
When I spoke to one of Compass Bank's reps last night, I was given a convoluted explanation of their posting practices. The best I could make out, she was telling me that regardless of when a bank demands payment on a charge (debit/credit, etc), Compass bank goes back to the date the transaction was done. So, basically, even though no demands have been made on Compass bank funds at the time of the transaction and it's two or three days later, they're charging you $36 for it.
Also, Compass bank does two postings a day to keep more 'accurate' records. Best I could tell, this meant they posted all your debits from the night before, but they wait to post your credits until that evening. Therefore, increasing their chances of getting that money out of you.
I would seriously suggest closing your Compass account. After this discussion with a Compass rep, I shut down my direct deposit. These people will NOT get another penny from me. If you're interested in possibly pursuing a class-action lawsuit, please let me know. Even if I don't get one cent, it would be worth it just to get an ounce of flesh out of a group of people with no ethics or integrity.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - FROZEN ACCOUNT 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Non-sufficient Funds Charges 
- Compass Bank - Holding deposits to generate NSF fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Excessive NSF fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - Crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - poor customer service and bad practices
- BBVA Compass - my cd account
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - atm
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - my checking account/debit card
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - terrible compatibility with intuit mint