Compaq v3000 Laptop / Not getting my defective battery replaced by service station

1 India Review updated:

I purchased compaq-pres-3149 laptop sr no. 2ce6480c18..from chips and chaps. bharuch, gujarat on 30th dec'06.from the very 1st day my battery was not giving sufficient backup.it switched off within 1 hour w/o ac power supply.Then the retailer told me to get it recharged for 8 hrs..i did the same. The problem status was the same. I took my laptop on 1st feb to Indranagar service center at b'lore because i'm studying therein BMS college. They informed me to get my battery replaced and part will be arriving 0n 10.02.07 since the part was not in stock. but i had an flight for gujarat on 3rd feb. So i couldn't avail my service over there and reported the same complain to ankleshwar hp service station. And they are telling that your battery status is ok and need not be replaced. They are telling battery gives backup only for 3hr that too in standby mode w/o running any kinda program. So wants to the use of buying laptop when i cant access it while traveling. Now the situation is that my laptop is working up to maximum of 1hr 30 min to 45 min. And i am still not satisfied with my laptop battery and ankleshwar x-cort service service station which is authorized. Dont know why is this sorta contradiction arising between b'lore and ankleshwar service center.

Comments

• Fr
      17th of Sep, 2007

while installing windows xp universal version, it is asking for the cd key. but I don't have the cd key. Since I try to install another windows XP but cannot boot from the cd rom even though the booting option was in cd mode in the bios booting devic. It starts booting from the previous Os which is not install complet. How do I boot from the CD to install another windows Xp Version

24th of Nov, 2007

plz give board cd

• Yo
      10th of Dec, 2007

respected sir/madam,

i have purchase the compaq laptop v3000 but in build os windows vista but i have try to change the os but not install windows xp so what is the propblem in the laptop.

• Yo
      10th of Dec, 2007

pl send me solution how to install windows xp.
    do the needful for the same as early as possible.

19th of Jan, 2008

URGENT ...
    I purchase a compaq laptop Model v3000 and it has a buildin windows vista but i tried to remove Vista and not able to install windows xp or windows 2000 or 2003 .
    Is there any settings i need to chage in BIOS or any suggestion regarding the same

this is the first time i posted my query on this site... Expecting replay / solution asap..

Please respond soon

14th of Mar, 2008

I have purchased compaq presario v3604Tu in January 160gb hard disc 1gb ram I tried to install XP on it by creating partion but message is hard disc is not detected even in BIOS also no option for disable or enable SATA hard drive.Pl somebody help me quickly'

Thanking everyone

5th of May, 2008

respected sir

i am mahendra nadha reddy . i got a compaq lapop V3149AU
    .durunig this 11 monthos from the date of buying i got so many problems. till now i replaced 3 DVD writers and one mother board during this period .now i have a problem with operating systems in "dial up connection with internet is not working " and the customer care people told to re install os from recovery cd 's but they itself cant able to solve the problem.if i try to re install
    os from recovery disc it showing that this wont support your pc .
    for such type of things only i extended my warenty for 2 years.
    really i felt the compaq servicing is worst than other" lenova, acer" servicing.my mobile no is
    (+91)9994903285.what to do with such a servicing

The details of battery :-

Product : compaq nx6110
    Sr no. : CNU611287C
    Part no.: PC416AV

Pls give me reply on my mail id. ASAP

It's very urgent.