Compaq / no cash back recieved

1 New South Wales, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 02 9606 0008

On the 21/05/08 we purchased a Compaq Presario C774TU NB from Dick Smith Electronics at Carnes Hill Marketplace with the Cash back offer. On the 06/08/08 we completed and downloaded the appropriate form from www.compaq.com/cashback as per instruction on the cashback promo together with a copy of the sales reciept and mailed it to Locked bag 7507, McMahons Point, Noth Sydney, as per instruction on the sales promo well before the Final Claim date of 15/08/08. It has now been over three months and we have not yet recieved our cashback entitlement as promised. Can you please chase up this claim and pay us as promised or I have noticed there is lawyers online on this site and will contact them as to what our next step would be to redeem our offer. A prompt reply to this email would be appreciated. Thanking you.

More Compaq Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Na
      21st of Dec, 2006
    Compaq - Not recieved any information about my gift
    India

I had purchased a laptop i.e. Compaq V3133AU on 16th Nov. 2006 and I came to know that I have an option to select the “Mobile Jabra Bluetooth Headset” as a free gift in www.hp.com/in/promotions by sending the Demand Draft of Rs. 200 drawn in favor of 'Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. payable at New Delhi towards handling and processing charges with a copy of reseller purchase invoice of the eligible system mentioning the redemption code generated by filling in online claim form on the invoice copy and with the bar coded product serial number sticker (original sticker) pasted on the cardboard packaging to be sent to the address mentioned as
    Gurnaaz Kaur
    HP Redemption Cell
    Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd.,
    3rd Floor, Chandra Bhawan,
    67-68, Nehru Place.
    New Delhi - 110019
    Phone: 011- 41306700

I followed the whole process as written and generated the Redemption Code i.e. X9AJEVKGMN .
    And on date 21 Nov. 2006 I made a demand draft from the UCO Bank of Rs. 200 in the favour of 'Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. payable at New Delhi. The Demand draft no. is “738269”. And I made a courier of all the documents you demanded for further processing. The courier is through DTDC on 22nd Nov 2006 and courier no. is “Z44632004”. I tried to track my courier status and it shows that the courier is delivered. I wrote mails to make them alert that I have sent them all the documents but I have not even received the confirmation letter from the HP Company.

• As
      3rd of Sep, 2007
    Compaq - No action from company side against product complaint.
    India

I have purchased a Compaq 1732 IL Desktop PC. Now i am facing problem in my system & trying to contact customer care but not able to contact. I have also send mail & SMS several time but nothing reply has from company side. My system is under three year warranty & in one year mother board replaced two times. Now i am again facing the problem but no action has taken from company side.

Regards
    Ashwani singh
    Mo. No. 9911397313
    land line no. : 01293241220

• Sh
      12th of May, 2008

about free gguddies

19th of Aug, 2008

i have not get the offer till now which the company have promise me..please look into the matter

4th of Mar, 2009
    Compaq - Dangerous/Hazardous Batteries
    Office Max
    Casa Grande
    Arizona

Office Max is knowingly and intentionally selling Compaq laptops with hazardous and dangerous batteries and not refunding customers for this fraud. They will tell you to it takes 20 minutes for the new laptop to boot, all the while knowing that these chinese batteries are defective and could possibly destroy the computer or cause harm prior to that 20 minutes. My battery heats up to burning within 10 minutes. An ex employee of office max says they are aware of the fact that they sell defective products and hide behind their return policies, thus they are getting a great deal with manufacturers to sell their defective products.

• Pe
      9th of Mar, 2009

Hi, still waiting for cash back ($100 ), which should have been recieved by 28/01/09- receipt number 101922176, cheers peter.

• Bi
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Hi, I
    purchased my laptop at "The Good Guys" in Hoppers Crossing in September last year (09/09/08), which was advertised with a $15o cash back. Of course I downloaded the form and send it back to get processed (23-Sept.08). Then in February, I rang up and complained and I was told, that I would receive payment in 4-6 weeks. Guess what? Still have not received the cash.
    The the serial receipt number is 1021611036

Thank-you
    Birgit

• Rc
      9th of Jul, 2009

same thing - Compaq laptop purchased end of March 2009 from Dick Smith. They just told me to register on line and then I would get the cash back. I registered but no cashback. I've been in touch with HP/Compaq and they say they can't trace my registration. They have not been very helpful with putting the matter right and I have not received a reply to my email sent to Dick Smith.

Where do I go from here, now July? I can't prove I registered as no acknowledgement was sent to me. HP/Compaq sent a copy of their terms and conditions on the subject. It says that they do not accept resposibility for any failures in the internet comunication or delivery failure. Fair enough but you would think that once they have been informed of such a failure they would immediately take the relevant purchase details from you and then send you the cash. It was the price with the cashback that enticed me to buy the item and the contract has not been fufilled.
    rogercr

• Ji
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    Compaq - broken hinge defective mfg
    hp.com
    California
    hp.com

HP support denying free repair on v6000 with a broken left hinge, and lcd has no output. This is the same problem they had on all their dv series computer. This laptop is known to be defective yet they will not do anything.

• St
      2nd of Nov, 2009

i bought a presario and applied for my cashback straight away... Compaq replied to me via e-mail saying they are happy to let me know that i ll receive my cashback at the End of October...Unfortuantly i deleted the E-Mail.. I havent received anything yet.

Steff

• Pa
      16th of Apr, 2010
    Compaq - not issue lcd
    hp
    India

my name is paras jain, purchase a compaq laptop during the scheme, to get a 22 inch videocon lcd price 8000 only. I send my demand draft in december 2009 and the date of receving gift is feb 2010 but my gift not send

• Do
      17th of May, 2010
    Compaq - Screw them for screwing me!
    Compaq
    compaq.com

I have had this Presario desktop unit for 3 years and have had to call the programmer several times to bring it back online when it crashes 2 or 3 times a month. I called to try to return it when the computer was only a few weeks old and was told your warranty doesn't honor software issues, which is a bunch of bull. If you make a product and authorize something to be installed on it from the factory, you either stand behind it or or you have just introduced a Corvair. My tax return gets here in two weeks and I'll be replacing this piece of crap with a Macintosh. Goodbye and screw you for screwing me!!!

• Pr
      13th of Aug, 2010
    Compaq - I had one the worst experience in purchasing a laptop
    Compaq
    compaq.com

I had one the worst experience in purchasing a laptop from Croma Pune(Ishanya Mall, Shastri Nagar, Yerawada).

While purchasing a Laptop on 28th Sept'09, I was told that there are around nine free gifts, I just kept the words of salesman and bought the laptop.

1) One the gift was Keypad protector, but at the time of purchase your salesmen didn't even bother to tell the dimensions of that keypad guard. I purchased a Compaq Persario laptop 15.5'', the keygaurd was around 14''. Honestly, I would never asked about keygaurd, it hardly makes any difference. But the issue is that your salesman provide wrong and incomplete information and there by setting wrong expectations.

2) I was told that I'll be getting a pair of speaker, but at the time of purchase the speaker were not available. The croma people ensured me that I'll get the speaker within two days and that too they'll arrange to call me and as per that I can collect the speakers. But till now I have not received any call from them.

3) In order to enquire about the above queries, when I went to Croma, on Saturday (09 Oct'09). I had word with the salesman, who was available at the time of purchase, and told the entire issue he took me to his manager. This was an height, the manager was not even ready to listen and was told that he is busy. The salesman explained him in their regional language, but the manager didn't even bother to have a word. While I was talking to salesman, another gentleman named Zirfan Hannam interrupted. I went to Croma just because I thought it would be a place where customer satisfaction really matters. But Zirfan, rather then giving me any explanation he started shouting at me and asked me to do anything I can or register a complain any where against him.

• Am
      11th of Sep, 2010
    Compaq - not satisfied with the service at care center
    HP
    India

i am a user of compaq series of notebook.It's been 18 months since i bought it, since my warranty is over that, s why i m complaining on your blog.i have some visible spot on my screen.i have already register the complaint when it was still in warranty no action has been taken by. i have been asked for feed back and i notified the calling authorities that i am not satisfied. now the warranty is over the problem is increasing, i am seeking for an appropriate action towards my problem and i am hopeful it will be sortified asap...thank you

• Ha
      6th of Apr, 2011
    Compaq - Computer

Ok, so i got my compaq computer at walmart in 2008, it has been working fine i guess till about the middleish of last year. it would over heat, make a chainsaw noise and it would go insane. my memory isnt even close to full so can i bring it back, or what?

• Su
      30th of Jul, 2011
    Compaq - Working slow
    Student

Sir,
    My laptop is work fine when it is plugedin, As soon as i remove my charger it get slow and work very slow, , Every thing gets not responding.. Then it can not able to open any window properly it take too time to open But as soon As i plug in my charger it again starts working good...
    Address: bhagalpur, ishakchak pincode-812001
    phone number- 8797306822
    Email - sumit777kumar@gmail.com
    please help me.
    Thanks!

• Lo
      25th of May, 2012

i would like to get rid of my voicemail on my land telephone please help cannot get any messages