company=Nature's Freedom, product=Katadyn pocket Water filter / Non-Delivery, No refund either

1 708 anne avenueCharlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-980-328-2516

After having not received anything in response to my many emails, and voice mails left, I am attempting to seek reparations for my order, for which a payment went through on my account on June 15th, 2008. The problems of no response from Nature’s Freedom have continued throughout since the order date; as well as continuing after further repeated attempts to make contact with them. I have sent them over 100 complaint letters, probable 5 postal letters, and over 200 phone calls. I have yet to receive a remedy for my complaint which is why I am writing this letter. I have never received-but one e-mail, of which I have proof of. I was forced purchase another water filter from another nearby outdoor retailer, REI. That is not the problem. The problem that lies with Natures Freedom is that it has yet to make contact with me detailing the whereabouts of my order. Not even just to tell me where it is. They have neglected to inform me of this. It is now October 9th and nothing. It has been more than 4-5 days, (their current claim to when this exact product should be shipped out); it has been over 100 days, and I demand reparations. I have consistently and repeatedly made phone calls, and left voice mails. However, recently (approximately, on September 9th their telephone number seemed to have been disconnected: Order Line: [protected]). The fax number provided is also out of order (Fax Line: [protected]). The new number listed [protected], Yeah, this one is pointless too!) I am left with no options other than to inform them that I am pursuing civil action in order receive reparations. No contact, no effort to make reparations on their end has forced me to do this. I think that is very poor management. I am to pursue civil action immediately if reparations are not attempted to be made.

Comments

Ad
  13th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

A Quick Brief on what's happened since I last posted this complaint:

Nothing.

A semi-short brief on the exact words told to me by Nature's Freedom.
Basically I couldn't get ahold of the company to find out where my product actually was and was not able to make a contact with anyone about anything regarding my order -due to no reply.

Finally when inquiring in september I was told on September 23rd, by
> merchandiseunlimited@gmail.com, "Hello, Your refund in underway, please
> stand by for further information regarding your refund." in those exact words...

**When asking about how to get a reliable number to contact the company on back on October 7th last year -2008, I was told ...by an "Amanda C." ...Hello Adam Winters,

> We apologize for the continued inconvenience caused by this delay. I
> look forward assisting this matter. I will have a money order
> requested and sent in your name to the following address:
> adam winters
> 4763 wildflowers way
> castle rock CO 80109
> This should clear up things more quickly than waiting for PayPal. I
> am going to make sure that you get this $190.65 right away.
> If you have any questions do not hesitate to reply.

NOT HESITATING TO REPLY I DID, JUST THAT...
Dear Amanda C.

Hello, and thank you for your prompt reply; I do appreciate good
customer service. I would like to know when you will or have sent out
my money order. Please reply by emailing or calling me to inform me of
its whereabouts. The name and address you stated is correct please
ensure that the money order is sent out promptly and that it reflects
my correct information...address...
< AND THEN> NOTHING> EVER!... Until the next year!!!

**Then Miraculously, Nothing happens for the next FOUR months. Nothing.

Then on January 4th I made contact with the company, and have a recorded phone conversation with a Mia.
Was told that she would contact me by the end of next week and would contact me by phone by the next week, of which didn't happen. The next time we spoke was on Feb 1st by e-mail after inquiring about what was taking so long, which said...

Dear Sir,
> I apologize for the length of time it has taken for me to get back to
> you with any information, but the records for this transaction did
> not come with us when we took over the store.
> I know this must be very frustrating for you, as it is for me, being
> neither one of us can resolve this right now. I hope you will bear
> with me as I try to settle this for you.
> I have received a note back from the former management, that says
> they indeed have an unresolved issue with you. But doesn't say what
> it is. So, with that in mind, I will seek find out more, and to get
> your refund or send you your item.
> This may take awhile, because we will have to take it out of our
> business funds, and business is very slow right now and will not pick
> up till late March. As soon as I can I will take care of it.
> I will keep in touch with you, so you know I have not forgotten.

Then after countless emails I can occasionally get a response, but never one that answers any of my questions in the email.such as this one that follows, which was after a really lengthy letter from an irate customer. But honestly, wouldn't it be common sense to like post something on the website regarding new management, or something regarding system updates on the website of which was the reason I was told back in September; regardless, this company's business skills are lacking, severely. But that's just my personal opinion~

Quoting Mia :

> I will see what I can do, as soon as possible.
> Mia Sales@NaturesFreedom.com

That's all. That's it. After like a page long letter, Why Natur'es freedom can't you just fully explain yourselves. You're trapped in a web of lies, now. So, Pay UP.

Quoting "Amanda C." :
>>>
>>>> Dear Sir, I apologize for the length of time it has taken for me to get back
to you with any information, but the records for this transaction didnot come with us when we took over the store. I know this must be very frustrating for you, as it is for me, beingneither one of us can resolve this right now. I hope you will bear with me as I try to settle this for you.I have received a note back from the former management, that says they indeed have an unresolved issue with you. But doesn't
saywhat it is. So, with that in mind, I will seek find out more, and to get your refund or send you your item. This may take awhile, because we will have to take it out of our business funds, and business is very slow right now and will not pick up till late March. As soon as I can I will take care of it. I will keep in touch with you, so you know I have not forgotten

> Quoting Mia :
>> Dear Sir, As was stated in the last email, so it still goes. Pleas=
>> remember, I am promising a resolve to this, and I haven't even been
>> able to find out if your purchase was mailed to you or lost or ???? =A0
>> Anyway, we are all waiting for sales to go up, and Spring to begin.
>> I will keep you posted.
>> Mia Sales@NaturesFreedom.com

>> Dear Sir,
>> I fully understand your frustration. But you are directing all these
>> past letters and your questions to those who are new with this
>> business and have no documents to verify your demands. I do believ=
>> your sincerity, but I cannot authorize anything at this point. So as
>> I wait for business to pick up, I am also searching for facts, not
>> from you, but something in the documents handed over to us when
>> Natures Freedom exchanged ownership.
>> As I said, I will resolve this, but if I am to refund to you monies
>> that have no accountable record on our part, then it must come from a
>> miscellaneous expenditure, of which funds are to low to use right
>> now.
>> Again, I will get back to you with new information as it
>> comes. Sincerely, Mia
>> Mia Sales@NaturesFreedom.com

ON FEBRUARY 25th I emailed the following:
Mia,

I have not heard back from you for two weeks. I would like to know if
you can please send me the water filter that I ordered on June 15th
last year. Please send me my product, along with a receipt for my
order. I expect to receive a prompt reply from you informing me that
my Katadyn Pocket water filter is on the way to my address along with a
receipt for proof of purchase, and a tracking number to track my order.
Please, I urge you to please resolve this issue and send me my product
that was ordered nearly a year ago. Please, I held up my end of the
contract; as I have paid promptly for my product of $190.65 nearly a
year ago! Now it is your turn to serve your customers with some
customer service by holding up your end of the contract; that is,
sending me my Katadyn Pocket Water filter which you are legally
obligated to do under the bilateral contract that Nature's Freedom has
entered into by accepting my payment. Please! Please! Please! Send me
my Katadyn Pocket Water Filter, a receipt and a tracking number. I
don't want to keep e-mailing you about this. For the last time, SEND
ME MY PRODUCT WITH A RECEIPT IMMEDIATELY. Please, Mia, you just send it
to me. Just send me my product. I don't care what you have to do. I
paid $200 for this thing nearly One Year Ago, and I still don't have
it! I need this water filter NOW! I don't want to hear any more
excuses about anything. Understood. Send me my product immediately. I
expect a reply to this message with detailed information of my order
being shipped and a tracking number along with it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

-A. Winters

Friday March 13th, and I still am empty handed, and not to mention dehydrated. NOT HAVING THIS WATER FILTER THAT I ORDERED A YEAR AGO IS MAKING ME ANGRY AND THIRSTY! Damn, Nature's Freedom, I hope I have made my point clear. Fix the problem, already!

Ad
  7th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Oh, well I guess that WASN'T clear enough for you, Nature's Freedom. WELL, Jon M. & Amanda C. & Mia nad anyone else concerned in this ### game; here's s big ### YOU. Okay, that's all. ### you. Die Nature's Freedom. Die. I will come to Florida or North Carolina or Canada one day and I gaurantee that you will pay. IN FULL BITHCES> ### YOU.

At
  9th of Feb, 2010

OH, and here's a quick update on what's happened since then...

NOT A ###ING THING, except that their website has disappeared and they won't ever answer the phone, not that they ever did, but anyway, ### THESE PEOPLE> WHO WANTS TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE STOLE FROM EVERYONE LIKE US??? NATURE'S FREEDOM, HEAR ME LOUD AND CLEAR: YOU WILL PAY ME MY $190.65. YOU WILL.