Compactappliance.com / Edgestar air conditioner is junk

We purchased an Edgestar 12000 BTU portable air conditioner and it was probably the worst purchase I ever made. It started leaking 2 days after I started using it. Best of all it just stopped functioning after that.

The retailer that sold it, Compactappliance.com was just downright unhelpful in resolving my problem. They kept referring me to Edgestar to get it fixed. Almost impossible to get a hold of live person at Edgestar.

Under the advice of others who have had similar experiences with both these outfits, I have filed a credit card charge back and will be filing a Better Business Bureau complaint.

Va

Comments

• Ya
      15th of Feb, 2010

I have a similar experience with this company and I guess their making good money doing this to consumers. They've setup more joints online at Livingdirect.com, PortableAirshop.com and many more to maximise their net. I bought two wine coolers from them and both failed within 2 months of use. They will try to get you to ship it back to them, stand firm and demand that they provide you a shipping label and a replacement sent out before you ship the defects back to them. To be safe call your credit card company and do a chargeback as well.

• Ta
      27th of Jan, 2011

I wish I read these. Same problem. Bought an Edgestar piece of junk from Livingdirect.com. Edgestar and LivingaLie are the same company. Notice how incredibly good the reviews are for Edgestar products?? What a scam. All I can is credit card chargeback. Don't waste your time arguing your case. Just call your credit card company and let them know how you've been duped.