Comments

• Sj
      22nd of Apr, 2009

They are harassing me about a bounced check that was taken care of YEARS ago, and refuse to send me any information about this check. They try to get me to set up payments over the phone without sending me any information in the mail. Its a big scam!

• Pr
      24th of Mar, 2010

Read (b) below. Attorneys who are debt collectors have NO statutory authority to file suit. IF they file suit against you, send them a Rule 11 (Federal Rules of Civil Procedures) violation notice. They are "unlawfully invoking the jurisdiction of the court" as they have NO authorization to file suit. That is a criminal offense. Send them a Rule 11 Violation notice for the State Court they filed in and also a notice that you are taking it to the Federal Court (you are going to slap them twice). Plus, notice them that you are going to ask the Federal Court whether the atty's action of unlawfully invoking the jurisdiction of the Court is a violation of 18 USC § 1961- 1968. (RICO). You must notice the atty of the violation and his/her remedy. They have 21 days to respond to the State violation and they have 30 days to respond to the Federal violation, which starts upon their receipt of the violation notice (send it certified, return receipt, United States Postal Service).
    Do your homework. Understand this process. Then you will be able to make "ANY" debt collector "GO AWAY" for the rest of your life.

You are welcome.

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
    Legal Actions by Debt Collectors
    [15 USC 1692i]

(a) Venue

Any debt collector who brings any legal action on a debt against any consumer shall --

(1) in the case of an action to enforce an interest in real property securing the consumer’s obligation, bring such action only in a judicial district or similar legal entity in which such real property is located; or

(2) in the case of an action not described in paragraph (1), bring such action only in the judicial district or similar legal entity --

(A) in which such consumer signed the contract sued upon; or

(B) in which such consumer resides at the commencement of the action.

(b) Authorization of actions

Nothing in this subchapter shall be construed to authorize the bringing of legal actions by debt collectors.

• Li
      11th of Jan, 2012

This 'Law Firm' is so far below the lowest of the low in regards to every aspect of the method in which they do business. I have never heard such hate come from people in EVERY case, no matter the situation. The way they treated my 79 year old grandmother, the words they used, even after being told they have the wrong person. Same name, but come on, only an idiot (or someone representing COMO Law Firm) can mistake the difference between how someone supposably in their 30's sound v. an eighty year old. Only to ... I'll stop there.

management is who the blame should be on as so far 2 different guys had the same complete lack of disrespect and scropted pitch and 'answers to...' - If only I can get their real names and let their grandparents explain to them how a couple of slime balls has made their lives miserable and just the action of answering a phone call has become a moment in life with happiness (thinking it's family or friends) to one of fright.

After I took a call from them, and stated all the correct things to them, as well as informed them that they have bad info in front of them, I am just shocked that the ownership has allowed this department and it's management to represent their name in this fasion. Since laywers are usually far from oblivious, I can only take the assumption that this is exceptable to them.

• As
      28th of Jun, 2012

I CALLED COMO LAW FIRM TO SETTLE A MEDICAL DEBT, ONCE THEY GOT MY NAME, THEY STARTED TREATING ME LIKE CRAP. THEY SAID THEY HAVE BEEN SENDING LETTERS AND MAKING PHONE CALLS AND I HAVE NOT RESPONDED SO WHY SHOULD THEY WORK WITH ME. I TRIED TELLING HIM I HAD A NEW NUMBER AND ADDRESS SO I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE TRYING TO CONTACT ME. HE WAS SO INCREDIBLY RUDE AND TOLD ME I WOULD BE DEALING WITH THE LAWYER AND HUNG UP ON ME. I TRIED CALLING BACK TWICE AND BOTH TIMES WAS HUNG UP ON. I ADMIT I WAS VERY UPSET AT THAT POINT AND WAS NOT PUTTING UP WITH IT. MY HUSBAND CALLED THE THIRD TIME AND THE BOY WAS CALLING HIM NAMES AND AGAIN TOLD MY HUSBAND THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT ME . HE WOULDNT LISTEN TO EITHER OF US BUT I DID GET A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT LETTER. WHEN I HAD TO TALK WITH ONE OF THE LAWYERS HE WAS JUST AS BAD. I STILL GET UPSET WHEN I THINK ABOUT THIS. JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH MONEY DOESNT MEAN WE DESERVE TO BE TREATED WITH SO MUCH DISRESPECT. THEY ARE SO TOUGH AND MOUTHY OVER THE PHONE BUT I GUARANTEE, THEY WOULD NOT TALK TO ANYONE LIKE THAT IN PERSON.

8th of Aug, 2012

The lawyers at Marso and Michelson, P.A. sue debt collectors who harass people and make them pay you money. We handle the cases on a contingency basis, which means that you do not have to pay any out of pocket expenses and we only get paid if we recover money from the debt collector.

You have rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: http://www.marsomichelsonharrigan.com/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-fdcpa.html

Please call Marso and Michelson, P.A. at 612-821-4817 to see if you have a case.

* ADVERTISING MATERIAL

• Pa
      9th of Jun, 2016

Someone needs to look into Como's practice of keeping over garnished funds. This is a practice that has been going on for years. they post the over garnished funds to accounts that are already paid so the creditor doesn't see it, then they purge those accounts.
    However the purged files can be recreated by their software provider and there has to be a bank record.
    Start by looking at the Catherine McIntosh file.

18th of Jul, 2016

I was ROBBED for $ 346.08 from this Como Law Firm. I thought I paid an over due debt but COMO DID NOT represent the company I thought I was paying. What can I do about this?