Commonwealth / Unauthorized charges

I check my bank account daily. This morning I found a charge to my bank account for $149.00, that I did not authorize coming from a 'USA Credit' and 'Commonwealth'. The phone number listed was [protected]. When I called this number, it asked for my account or social security number!

Luckily, because I reported it to my bank immediately, funds were credited back to my account. But I had to close my account, and open a new one. Not an easy or quick solution to my situation, and certainly not how I wanted to spend my day.

If there is any way to prosecute these jerks, please contact me.

Ja

Comments

• Co
      9th of Oct, 2011
    CommonWealth - Overtime Pay
    California
    paymeovertime.com

Our law firm is investigating the filing of a Fair Labor Standards Action against Commonwealth for among other things, failure to pay overtime wages to escrow and/or title officers.

If you have held either one of these job titles or a related title, our attorneys would like to talk with you as you may be entitled to compensation. No recovery no fee.

Call 714-313-0069

Louisville

Harrassing phone calls

• Su
      23rd of Nov, 2014

Commonwealth Edison charges a security deposit of 40.00 per month which is more than my actual bill. I refuse to pay it. Is this legal? Can they turn off my electricity?