Comfortshoesny.com / Bad customer service

1 428 3rd AveNew York, NY, United States Review updated:

So I posted what information I could find about this store after they charged my credit card and never shipped my shoes. Actually, looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Anyway, John from comfortshoesny.com emails me telling me that I'm a liar and the information is not true. Nice way to take care of customer service!

Look, the deal is that I ordered shoes on their website, and they never shipped the shoes, kept saying theyre delayed, but they charged my credit card anyway. I shop online all the time and my credit card is never charged until the stuff ships. From what other people are saying, it seems like this is a scam. Even if you google their address (cause they don't post a phone number), it comes up with some shoe store called Lord Johns Bootery in NYC. Hmmm, shoe store in NYC at the same address? Well, either Lord Johns Bootery is running comfortshoesny.com, or comfortshoesny.com is a scam that's using a false address of some unsuspecting shoe store.

Comfortshoesny.com is a scam! If you want to feel violated, then buy something from them...you won't ever get it, but they will steal your money!

More Comfortshoesny.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Dl
      18th of Jul, 2009

call the nyc police but forget the BBB they can do nothing for you.

• Ju
      3rd of Aug, 2009

just talked to my credit card companu. you are crooks. We are not lying. Charge me and I will come after you. with the police and the BBB. No shoes sent to me and no phone number. should have been advised with no phone number to contac it was a crooked company.

• Ca
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Judy, try calling (212) 532-2579 and asking for Gary or John. That's their number of the store. Please post here what happens.

• Ka
      6th of Feb, 2010

I had placed an order as well and yes, they took the funds right away for the order and when I tracked the order shipment it continued to say will ship in 2 to 3 weeks and this was after 3 weeks had already passed. I then e-mailed them and stated my complaint, that a reputable company would not charge until the order was shipped and the reply was...If you are dissatisfied you are welcome to place your order elsewhere. My next e-mail to them was...How long does it take to get my refund after cancelling and they said 7-10 days. Well, it has been 11 days and no refund. So I called the number Judy was given and they answer the phone as a private person, not a company. So I asked for Gary, sorry he is not here. I asked is this John? He said yes. I stated what the issues were and he turned the call over to another person, but this person stated I would have my Credit Card refunded this Monday and that it would take another 3 days to have it show up. Sounds reasonable. I then asked for an e-mail to confirm this, the reply was no problem. Checkingggggggggg now.

Hello,
    You will be credited on Monday. Please allow 2-3 days for the credit to post to your account. Thank you.

We will see what this brings. Good Luck to all. Kat

• Ka
      2nd of Apr, 2010

the same thing happened to me - my credit card was charged, they delayed and delayed the shipping of my order, and then said they couldn't ship, and that they shouldn't have charged my credit card and that I should get my credit, and then they didn't credit my credit card. I was in touch with my creditcard company and they will only start trying to reclaim the dollars after 30 days (it apparently can take that long to get a credit, which sounds wrong to me, but...) So, stay away from this company it is fraudulent!

11th of May, 2010

I had the exact same problem: ordered shoes, was charged right away and no shoes were shipped. This happened in January, it is now May. I have contacted the BBB in NY and also my attorney here in LA. They sent a letter, and I will contact the NY State Attorney General's office. That is what my attorney suggested. I'll probably never be refunded my $112, but I will try my best to expose these people.

• Au
      12th of May, 2010

Same thing. Ordered shoes April 7, they charged my credit card immediately. The status continues to say will ship in 1-2 weeks. They responded to my first email saying they billed me in anticipation of the order being shipped, which I thought was a bit unusual, to say the least. I emailed them again on May 1 asking for an update on the status of my order. No response. I then finally sent them an email on May 3 canceling my order and asking for acknowledgment of the cancellation and requesting a refund. I have never received a response from them regarding the cancellation and I sent them two more emails on May 6. They have never responded. The status still says "will ship in 1-2 weeks" and there is no refund on my credit card as of today. I called the phone number listed for them on my credit card bill and there was a message from a woman saying to email them or leave a voicemail message. Unsurprisingly, the voice mailbox was full. I'm going to dispute the charges through my credit card company. In the meantime, I ordered a pair of shoes directly through Birkenstock and they should arrive today. The entire transaction has taken less than a week. Yes it cost $10 more but at least I will have some shoes, and in a timely manner.

25th of Jun, 2010

the same exact thing happened to me...dansko clogs ordered on 2/19/10 and now 6/25/10 and no response...called amex to see if i can get a refund, waiting to hear on that...this company is ridiculous

• Ar
      30th of Aug, 2010

I placed my order for a pair of sandals in October 2009, order number 22069. My credit card was charged at the time. The order was never shipped, I requested a refund to no avail, I have sent eleven emails, the last one was returned as delivery failure. If anybody from comfortshoesny.com reads this message, this is your last chance to refund me to avoid legal action.

3rd of Nov, 2010
    Comfortshoesny.com - This is the worst site ever
    Comfortshoesny.com
    comfortshoesny.com

This is the worst site EVER!! Absolute scam! Ordered a pair of Danskos on 2/26/10. It is now 6/17/10- no shoes! I was charged immediately after ordering. My online receipt still to this day says will ship in 2-3 weeks. I have emailed them about 10 times, with no response. I have filed a complaint with the BBB- again they did not respond. I also tried to dispute the charge from my credit card company and it has been greater than 60 days, so I can't. You can't tell me that this company did not do that intentionally. Also, no phone number on their site!! Pretty convienient huh? Don't make the same mistake- NEVER order from this company- tell everyone you know too!!!

• De
      19th of Aug, 2016
    Comfortshoesny.com - Charged, no shoes, no refund
    ComfortshoesNY.com

I ordered shoes back in early March. They kept telling me 2 more weeks, two more weeks, etc. I finally cancelled the order in April. They e-mailed confirmation of the cancellation and reported a refund would show up on my card. There has been no refund and they will not respond to any subsequent e-mails inquiring about the refund status. NO PHONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY FIRST CLUE!

This business is completely fraudulent and has ripped me off and apparently others. They need to be reported to any and all online sites that warn the public about scams. I have contacted the BBB and will be contacting the legal athorities to prompt and investigation of their business practices.

I will post a retraction if you refund my money! Order # 28792
    Otherwise, expect there to be warnings posted online to : Stay clear of this BS site!

• Js
      19th of Aug, 2016
    Comfortshoesny.com - SCAM COMPANY, NEVER RECEIVED ITEM
    comfortshoesNY.com
    New York
    New York
    comfortshoesNY.com

This company is an absolute scam! I ordered a pair of Danskos on 2/26/10, my credit card was charged immediately for 101.99. It is now 6/17/10 and I STILL have no shoes. I have contacted the company via email at least 10 times, no response. My online receipt still to this day says will ship in 2-3 weeks. I filed a complaint with the BBB a month ago without any response from the company- wow, shocker! I want everyone to be aware of this situation so that they will not make the same mistake- NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IT IS A SCAM!!! I tried to dispute the claim recently through my credit card, but by this time it was greater than 60 days and was unable to because it had been so long, I am sure that the company was aware of this, and it was probably their plan all along. Conviently their website does not have a phone number, so I have no way of speaking to an actual person. This is the worst business ethics I have ever seen, and it is unfortunate that there is a scam involving really great products such as Danskos- someone should let the Dansko company know that there is an internet scam involving their products.