Comfort Zone Heating & Cooling LLC / Overpricing and guarantees on defects and workmanship not honored as noted in contract

DO NOT USE COMFORT ZONE - dealing with Andre Kelly Laws!!!

Namely Andre Kelly Laws of Comfort Zone Heating & Cooling LLC entered a contract on November 30, 2006 to do all work at my property on my new furnace and central air unit to make the unit fully functionable with a One year guarantee against any defects and workmanship on materials and labor. He also verbally expressed that be would provide maintenance and guarantee full functionality for one calendar year - total paid = $3,531.00/.

The A/C unit was first used after being installed approximately six months later as the weather grew warmer. The unit never would cool.

On June 26, 2007... when a really hot day occurred, I placed a repair call to Mr. Andre Kelly Laws [protected]. Andre came out the next day on June 27, 2007 and indicated that I need feron in the unit... mind you... the unit was less than a year old. He insisted on charging men a diagnostic fee... but I referred him to the signed contract... but then he charged me $200.00 to add what he indicated was the problem... Feron.

On Monday, July 9th, another really hot two days passed, the air was not working again. A call was placed to Andre Kelly Laws again and he met a family member at my home on July 10th @ 10am and indicated that the compressor was bad in the condenser inside the unit and implied that it was cost approximately $2200 to $2500 to repair not including his labor.

Andre Kelly Laws is not only NOT honoring his written and signed contract of service and repairs for fees paid him for the heating and furnace job, he has also charged me for Feron I did not need at a highly inflated cost which he should have provided at no charge given the contract agreement and he's attempting to charge me additional +$2500 to make the machine functional that he promised to maintain for 1 calendar year.

I am now consulting with PSE & G which will result in additional expenses for repair of my AC unit... and I am consulting the Plainfield City Hall - Divisions of Inspections to file a complaint as well as the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

D  19th of Jul, 2007 by
The Comfort Zone Heating and Cooling apologizes for any dissatisfaction Dorothy Bolton may have towards our company. Comfort Zone entered into a contract with Dorothy Bolton November 30, 2007 to include the following. [Gas connection in attic from basement, flu pipe from unit through roof, Refrigeration line connect, evacuation leak test, A coil mounted to unit, filter rack and filter, condensate drain, humidifier including water supply, control wiring, all grills, supply and return connection to unit, and start up ] Our warranty states [All materials and labor are guaranteed for 1 year against defects or poor workmanship and shall receive free repair during normal working hours for that period.] Our company DOES believe that the compressor is defected, and would be covered under the manufactures warranty. However OUR company DID NOT provide Dorothy Bolton with the equipment. Making it impossible for us to be able to recover warranty coverage for equipment we did not provide. Our advice to Dorothy is to find her previous contractor that delivered and installed her units and acquire the paperwork the unit was purchased with.
N  8th of Oct, 2010 by
I've done work for Dorthy before ( I fixed a screen door, and patched some window leaks). She is a complete SCAM. She wants everything for free, and always gives a sad story about how she don't have any money. I gave her 2 weeks to pay me $60. I'm still waiting for that money. CONTRACTORS BEWARE DORTHY WILL MAKE YOU DO EXTRA WORK, THEN NOT PAY A PENNY. SCAMMER, DONT FORGET WHAT GOES AROUND COMES BACK AROUND.