Comcastoffers.com / Rebate scam!

1 UT, United States Review updated:

ComcastOffers.com is rip-off scam!!! They are a rip-off scam, there is no Way to contact them, I sent all my papers properly filled and may first bill for nothing, they don't offer a Phone neither a email. It s a Rip-off scam.

Li

More Comcastoffers.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

15th of Jan, 2008

I agree -we sent in all our forms back in 8/07 and waited. A month or so later we were told we didn't send the first month's bill (which we did) so we resent that and waited. Now, they say we are ineligible because they never received the first month's bill! There goes $200 - BBB will be notified.

28th of Jan, 2008

I agree. I ordered from there website and the first step after was to PAY for the FREE modem. Then, step2, I find that I have to get a site survey to see if I can get he service. Can't cancel the modem now. 3 weeks later after a number of calls to their various numbers and I find I can't get service. Now I have to pay shipping both ways to return the modem, if I can get it back in the last week before the 30 days return policy expires. Still waiting on a return number so I can ship it out.

• Da
      20th of Mar, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I sent in all that they asked for. Then they asked for the bill and a resubmission number, so I sent it in. Called them today and they said that it may still be "processing" after over a month! Said that if it is not in process then, they are not going to be able to do anything. A bunch of crap!!!

• Ji
      4th of Apr, 2008

Me too, I filled out all the paperwork for the rebate of $100+$49 from comcastoffers.com, I checked it several times before mailing it, I mailed it as CERTIFIED MAIL, well ahead of the deadline. It is now more then 6 months and I have received and heard nothing from them. I am considering taking a few measures against then, such as:
    1. A grievance with BBB
    2. A complaint against then to the AG's office in my state,
    3. May be even taking them to a small claim court.

However, to do all that, I need to know the followings:
    1. Who is the real company that is hiding behind Comcastoffers.com and its physical address.

3. A name of a real person within comcastoffers, preferrably a high officer, to whom my grievances could be address.

Could any one, who already sent a grievance against Comcastoffers and found out this information about comcastoffers post it here for the benefit of others who are contemplating steps against comcastoffers.
    Thanks !!

Jinji

21st of Apr, 2008

Same problem. I sent the forms in November. support.broadbandoffers.com now says my checks (3 of them worth $250) were mailed 6 weeks ago.

I was just given a phone number by the live chat support, but it disconnects every time I call. The same is true for the number on their website when you click '3' for rebate information.

Comcast themselves won't even talk with me about the rebate saying it's 3rd party.

Martin

• Ki
      28th of May, 2008

Wished I would have found this site before I ordered today!!! Had to order the modem to find out that Comcast does not have service in my area. When I explained to "Justin" at Comcast, I got the third party run around and he said that they just service my ZIP. It clearly stated on the ComcastOffers.com webpage it said that Comcast services my ADDRESS (street number and name)...not just my zip. I'm not an idiot, I would have researched further if that was the case, BEFORE I ordered the modem. Justin also informed me that they would send out a technician (in 7-14 days) to survey the area to see if they could run the cable to our area, BUT I will have to pay for it if they can run service here!! To me, since ComcastOffers.com is an "authorized retailer" of Comcast, this puts part of the blame directly in Comcast's lap!!! Haven't decided how to proceed as of yet, but I definitely will...BBB and Indiana AG at the very least.
    JINJI:
    Here is the information I was able to obtain on ComcastOffers.com:
    Whois Record

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    ConsumerComm.com
    Herndon, VA 20172-0447
    570-708-8780

Record expires on 26-Nov-2008.
    Record created on 26-Nov-2002.
    Database last updated on 28-May-2008 14:02:39 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET

I also found this address:
    807 Greenwood St
    Evanston IL 60201 US

Leapfrog Online Customer Acquisition, Llc
    +1 847 492 1968, Fax: +1 847 492 1990

Justin at Comcast (1-800-COMCAST) gave this phone number for Comcast online: 1-877-220-3549

• Ki
      28th of May, 2008

For Jinji. Jinji- I just completed a live chat with a ComcastOffers.com rep. and it went about how I expected it to. Here is the information she gave me. Don't know if it is anything new.
    This was the address for the live chat:

Here is the content of the chat:

We are experiencing high chat volume due to our promotional offer today. Thank you for your patience, we will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with 'Brenna'
    Brenna: Hello.
    Brenna: Welcome. How can I help you today?
    you: Hi Brenna.
    you: I seem to have a problem with my order. Comcast says they do on service my area, after your website clearly stated that it did. I would not have ordered the modem if I knew this in advance. What phone number and address can you give me so that I can cancel the order? thanks
    Brenna: The website you can use for questions regarding modem orders is http://support.broadbandoffers.com and their customer service phone number is 1-877-668-7221. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM Central Time.
    Brenna: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    you: I have seen several complaints about nonworking phone numbers and web address links. Can I have an address to write to please. thanks
    Brenna: I do not have that.
    Brenna: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    you: Hmmm. Thought so. Nope, you've answered the question exactly as I expected. thanks?
    Brenna: .
    Brenna: You are welcome.
    Brenna: Bye
    Brenna: Thank you for visiting Comcastoffers.com and allowing me to assist you. Have a great day!
    Chat session has been ended by the site operator. Please click the "Live Chat" button if you would like to begin again!

• Do
      2nd of Jul, 2008

My Comcast service was started on 4/16/08. I haven't been able to get any info on the status of the 3 rebate forms that I submitted with my first Comcast bill. Although it's probably too soon to say the rebate offers are shams, why does Comcast allow these people (whoever they are) to continue to advertise on their behalf. This handling of rebate offers is akin to the runaround you get when you make the mistake of buying software from Ascentive.

• Be
      19th of Jul, 2008

Comcast is the biggest spam going. I was supposed to get $250. in rebates, plus 12 months free HD. This was back in in 1/23/08 was the installation, I am still waiting. Just about every weekend there are outages and they do nothing to correct the problem. When you call to complain they have every excuse in the book and you get no credit for time off the air. I lose cable, internet and phone. I am defintely going to disconnect and go with another service. They offer all 3 services for $99 a month and that is a joke also. Someone needs to run this company out of town.

• Ti
      14th of Aug, 2008

ComcastOffers.com is a gigantic scam! I placed an order through them for Comcast High Speed Internet service on August 4, 2008. 10 days later, Comcast still does not have my new customer information from comcastoffers.com so that I can activate my service. ComcastOffers.com does not provide any contact information, no way to contact them, complain to them, nothing. They redirect all complaints to BroadbandOffers.com (modem reseller) and Comcast, neither of which can help me. Please, do yourself a favor and stay far away from ComcastOffers.com.

• Al
      11th of Sep, 2008

ICANN Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

I hope someone can get these terd burglars.

20th of Oct, 2008

Comcastoffers is really a part of Comcast.net

• Jj
      18th of Apr, 2009

I hate to admit, I made a huge mistake to order the service through Comcastoffers.com. It's been 3 months since I sent the rebate, still waiting for my $200 rebate rebate. Comcast maybe part of the gigantic scam.

• Su
      16th of Jul, 2009

I ordered the modem and comcast service in Mid May thru comcastoffers, sent all the forms by early June, have not heard anything from comcastoffers.com so far. I have not received any rebates yet.

• Qz
      24th of Aug, 2009

I didn't get any discount on the monthly payment. It is advertised to be $30/month for the first 6 months. But actually I paid $60 for the entire year. Damn!

• Mi
      4th of Dec, 2009

I just want to warn my fellow Americans please do not shop at comcastoffers.com because I made a mistake of ordering service through their website and I'm very ashamed. They are the biggest scam ever. Their 1800 number doesn't work and basicly everything they say is a completey lie. their is no rebates and they steal your credit information and charge you more money that is what happened to me, but I was able to get my money back through my bank after they did investigation.

• He
      7th of Dec, 2009

I thought I was alone who was victim of the concastoffers.com!
    I wish I should have read these reviews before ordering modem from comcastoffers.
    I never got the rebate even after sending all the required documents. They simply rejected my rebate application! The comcastoffers.com is a complete fraud.

When contacted comcast feedback service, I was told that comcastoffers.com is not part of comcast company, and its a third party vendor. If that is the case, Comcast as a company should understand that with such vendor services, they may loose their existing customers and the reputation!
    All of us who are been cheated by the comcastoffers.com (or broadbandoffers.com) should contact comcast and inform them about how their customers are being cheated.

• Ya
      17th of Dec, 2009

I just talked with some rep on the phone, they said most of the complaints are being resolved. Are you guys still didn't get your money back?
    Just want to know before I sign up their service.

Here are my interaction with the chat rep:

You are now chatting with 'Jeannette'
    Jeannette: Hello.
    Jeannette: Welcome. How can I help you today?
    you: 1st 6 months 19.99, how much is the bill after 6 months?
    Jeannette: I will be happy to assist you.
    Jeannette: Let me go ahead and check the details of the promotion that is available for you in your area. May I have the address and zip code (including apartment or unit number if applicable) where the installation will take place?
    you: 149 lamont lane, gaithersburg md
    Jeannette: One moment please while I research your information.
    you: ok
    Jeannette: May I have your zip code please?
    you: 20878
    Jeannette: Thank you.
    Jeannette: Are you a current customer?
    Jeannette: Are you still available for chat?
    you: no, i am with verizon right now.
    you: thinking about transfering to comcast.
    you: I only need internet, but phone or cable.
    Jeannette: Comcast
    Jeannette: High-Speed Internet
    Jeannette: $19.99/month for the 1st 6 Months!!
    Jeannette: PERFORMANCE non-cable customer
    Jeannette: Order today and also get (after mail-in rebate):
    Jeannette: $100 High-Speed Internet Rebate
    Jeannette: Get a Free Motorola® Wireless Modem
    Jeannette: $42.95 per month thereafter
    you: this is a 1 yr contract right?
    Jeannette: No contracts
    you: oh ok, so if i want to transfer to verizon after 6 month I can do that?
    you: what is the download and upload speed?
    Jeannette: Yes that is correct, I can secure your order all I need is an email, full name and best contact number.
    Jeannette: Downstream Speed 12 Mbps
    Jeannette: Upstream Speed 2 Mbps
    you: so what if I want to extend that 19.99 after 1st 6 month,
    you: can I do that?
    Jeannette: It is possible
    you: do I talk with you or talk with comcast directly?
    Jeannette: To get service ordered is through me and to discuss the length of the $19.99 is comcast
    you: what is the $100 rebate for?
    Jeannette: Its for ordering the service
    you: in a form of a gift card or a credit to the bill?
    Jeannette: Its in a form of a visa debit card
    you: is there any MIR for the wireless modem?
    Jeannette: Yes there is
    you: how much is the MIR?
    Jeannette: You have three Modem options: 1st option, You can take advantage of our free wireless modem offer. You would purchase it up front, and get the money back through check in the mail. It is $99.95 plus $9.95 shipping. 2nd option, you can also provide your own modem, if you have one that is cable compatible. Or, you can lease a standard wired modem from Comcast at about $3/month. Which option do you think you would prefer?
    Jeannette: Are you still available for chat?
    you: sorry, i stepped away.
    you: hold on plz
    Jeannette: No problem
    you: so the first option 99.95 + 9.95 will come back in the MIR?
    Jeannette: Yes that is correct
    you: do you have the MIR form that I can take a look?
    Jeannette: No unfortunately I do not I apologize
    you: so how do i fill out a MIR form?
    Jeannette: Well Once I give you your confirmation number I will provide you with the Link that is set for your acct. and you will print it out and send it in with a copy of your first bill
    you: so just want to clarify, 42.95 thereafter, do I need a phone or cable service with it?
    Jeannette: No you do not
    Jeannette: Its a stand alone product
    you: ok i see...
    you: so the difference between u and comcast is that $100 gift card?
    Jeannette: And there is no contract and the modem
    you: i see... so comcast u have to sign a contract? I think modem is free as well with comcast.
    Jeannette: Yes that is correct
    Jeannette: I will be happy to place your order. May I have your first and last name, email address and telephone number to get started. Or do you have other questions?
    you: i am still evaluating the options
    Jeannette: I can help you secure this promotion today. Securing the order in this chat will ensure receipt of the promotion with no delays! I can get this completed quickly for you as all I will need from you today to secure this online only promotion is your Full Name, Contact Phone Number and E-mail Address.
    you: i am looking at http://www.comcastspecial.com... can you tell me why I should choose you instead?
    Jeannette: Well you get $100 just for signing up and no contracts
    you: if I am not satisfied, do I have a time line that I can back out?
    you: hold on plz
    Jeannette: Sure
    you: do i need to pay for installation and activation fee?
    Jeannette: There is a installation fee approximately $49.99 varies by market
    you: ok, are there any other fees associate with this install?
    Jeannette: No there is not
    you: hi can you give me a call later tonight?
    Jeannette: Its online only
    you: i see..
    you: i was just reading the plans from comcast, it seems all plans after 6 months jumps to 59.95
    you: is that $42.95 (7-12 month) stated on your website?
    Jeannette: Your plan for internet only after 6 months is $42.95
    you: I found this on your site: Offer expires 12/31/2009. Rates and availability of promotional pricing vary by market. Limited to Comcast Cable Video customers in wired and serviceable areas only. New High-Speed customers only or former residential customers with accounts in good standing who haven't had service for the last 120 days. Rates and availability of promotional pricing vary for non-Comcast cable video subscribers. Receive first 6 months of Comcast High-Speed Internet for $19.99 per month after service activation. After promotional period, regular monthly service charge of $42.95 and equipment charges (if applicable) will apply. Cable modem and other equipment required and not included. Not combinable with other offers. Installation options and rates vary by area. Prices do not include applicable taxes or franchise fees. Use subject to Comcast High-Speed Internet Terms and Conditions.
    you: but it seems I need to have phone or cable tv together?
    Jeannette: No you do not need a phone or cable
    you: i found this on http://www.comcastoffers.com/premiums/
    Jeannette: I understand
    Jeannette: But you do not need a phone or cable
    Jeannette: Are you still available?
    Jeannette: Due to non response I will have to disconnect from this chat
    you: ok
    you: i am not sure who is correct.
    you: i am talking with an associate on the phone
    you: she said it is 57.95
    you: ???
    Jeannette: It is not
    Jeannette: Our website states $42.95
    you: if I call in or place on the web, would the price be the same?
    Jeannette: Yes that is correct You will need to place the order with me in order to lock in the deal
    you: so what is included in 59.95? any tax or fees?
    Jeannette: I do not have any information on that price
    you: what would be my total bill on the 7th month?
    Jeannette: $42.95 plus tax
    Jeannette: Taxes vary by market. After we secure your online only offer, you will have an opportunity to speak with customer service to confirm the taxes for your local regional billing office before proceeding.
    you: here is my address, 149 lamont lane, gaithersburg MD 20878
    you: see in that market, whether I will be qualified for $42.95
    Jeannette: I do not have access to that information I apologize
    Jeannette: Are you still with me?
    you: yeah
    you: i am reading the information online,
    you: seems either MIR for the modem or $100 gift card. i can't choose both?
    Jeannette: For our website you can
    Jeannette: I will provide you with the links you will need once the order is place
    Jeannette: Are you still there?
    you: i am here.
    you: if I am placing the order today. how soon will I have comcast to come to install?
    you: are you sure there is an installation fee?
    you: the other associate on the phone told me no installation.
    Jeannette: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
    Jeannette: If you place the order today you can service set up as earliest as tomorrow if not then it takes about 3-5 business days
    There may be a problem communicating with Jeannette. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another operator.
    You are now chatting with 'twinkle'
    you: hello, had some technical difficulty with other rep. wants to know what the rate be after 6 months, any installation fee?
    twinkle: Installation fee is about $49, Internet after 6 months is about $52
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Jeannette'.
    You are now chatting with 'Jeannette'
    you: hello Jeannette, Twinkle also quoted for $52... Who is right?
    Jeannette: this is what shows on our website regular monthly service charge of $42.95
    Jeannette: Are you still there?
    Jeannette: Due to non response i will have to disconnect this chat.

• Wv
      11th of Feb, 2010

After contacting the BBB, did anyone get their money back??

• El
      1st of Mar, 2010

LEGAL ROBBERY!!! For follow-up/trouble shoot they will have you jump from comcastoffers, broadband offers and Comcast Corp as they all play musical chairs with you and though comcastoffers.com is licensed by Comcast Corp they have it set up to protect themselves by having comcastoffers operating as a third-party vendor so they can rob you legally while you're running in an endless circle.

The modem rebate scam is like borrowing/taking your $100 interest free but for a modem that is not compatible. comcastoffers.com is licensed by Comcast Corp so I trusted their offer when it advertised "Comcast approved modem". But it turns out the wireless Motorola SBG901 is not Comcast approved so it's utter garbage. (In fact, it's not even Time Warner approved.) In retrospect, I should have known better and double checked, but that doesn't negate that they deliberately encourage deceptive advertising.

I've submitted my rebate forms a few weeks ago and have not yet heard back. Hopefully within the next month I'll get some news back, but with the way things are going I am thinking it's not so much borrowing my $100 so much as taking it. Lesson learned, research your fine print, especially if it's a nationwide corporation b/c they're the ones with the power to get away with it.