Comcast Tv / extortion
For over 7 years I have been trying to get TV service and Internet to my address, When Adelphia was around I had some guys come out and hook me up with service, it was not available to my address.
So time went on and about just over a year ago, Comcast bought out Adelphia, I thought wow, maybe now I can get something done.
I got a call from Comcast, they told me in so many words that they noticed I was not a customer of there and wanted me to sign up with them, I explained that I had no cable to my address and the "rep" told me that was ok, we would run the line, I asked if I could also get broadband, she looked the info up and said YES you can.
I spoke with my wife and we both agreed to having the service, I got an installation date and was asked to be at home from 12.00pm to 5.00pm (I believe that was the time frame), So we got home and 2 Comcast vans was coming up my road, they pulled into my driveway and told me the service was not available to my address and the nearest point of connection was 300 feet away!
I told them to run it, they told me they could not do that, but the would book an engineer to come out and evaluate the situation, which happened about a week later.
I got a letter in the mail telling me that they could indeed get me service for a small fee, at this time I am willing to pay the fee until I turn the page for the estimated work, they want me to pay $6000.00 to get cable, $6000.00!!!!!
Obviously I refused to pay the fee and contacted the BBB on this matter, but I guess Comcast can get away with this.
I continued to get calls from Comcast asking me to sign up, got there flyer's in the mail, now they are just playing with me, it got irritating after a while and was forced to call them and tell them to quit, if they will not supply me with service I don't want them contacting me, which did nothing.
I would like to know the laws, regulations or somewhere I can lookup to find more information about how I can get them to service my address, please bear in mind, that service is on my road, 300 Ft in one directions and about 1500 Ft in the other direction, I am not the only one that wants this service on my road either.
Please help me.
More Comcast Tv Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - "top stories"
- Comcast / Xfinity - property damage 
- Comcast / Xfinity - service installation 
- Comcast / Xfinity - renewal of service after two year contract.
- Xfinity On Demand - the continuous pop-up of kelly clarkson while I attempt to browse for something worth watching