Comcast Tv / extortion

Morgantown, WV, United States Review updated:

For over 7 years I have been trying to get TV service and Internet to my address, When Adelphia was around I had some guys come out and hook me up with service, it was not available to my address.

So time went on and about just over a year ago, Comcast bought out Adelphia, I thought wow, maybe now I can get something done.

I got a call from Comcast, they told me in so many words that they noticed I was not a customer of there and wanted me to sign up with them, I explained that I had no cable to my address and the "rep" told me that was ok, we would run the line, I asked if I could also get broadband, she looked the info up and said YES you can.

I spoke with my wife and we both agreed to having the service, I got an installation date and was asked to be at home from 12.00pm to 5.00pm (I believe that was the time frame), So we got home and 2 Comcast vans was coming up my road, they pulled into my driveway and told me the service was not available to my address and the nearest point of connection was 300 feet away!

I told them to run it, they told me they could not do that, but the would book an engineer to come out and evaluate the situation, which happened about a week later.

I got a letter in the mail telling me that they could indeed get me service for a small fee, at this time I am willing to pay the fee until I turn the page for the estimated work, they want me to pay $6000.00 to get cable, $6000.00!!!!!

Obviously I refused to pay the fee and contacted the BBB on this matter, but I guess Comcast can get away with this.

I continued to get calls from Comcast asking me to sign up, got there flyer's in the mail, now they are just playing with me, it got irritating after a while and was forced to call them and tell them to quit, if they will not supply me with service I don't want them contacting me, which did nothing.

I would like to know the laws, regulations or somewhere I can lookup to find more information about how I can get them to service my address, please bear in mind, that service is on my road, 300 Ft in one directions and about 1500 Ft in the other direction, I am not the only one that wants this service on my road either.

Please help me.

Comments

De
  27th of Dec, 2007
Maybe this is the reason I and a lot of others cannot get cable!

Comcast CEO receives $27.4 million in 2006 compensation
By DEBORAH YAO, AP Business Writer, The Associated Press
03/30/2007
email this storyEmail to a friendprinter friendlyPrinter-friendly
The chairman and chief executive of Compacts Corp., the nation's largest cable television operator, received a 2006 compensation package valued by the company at $27.4 million, according to a proxy statement filed with federal regulators on Thursday.

Brian Roberts was given a salary of $2.5 million, a bonus of $3 million, incentive awards worth $8.4 million and other perks valued at $2.9 million, which included personal use of the company plane, contributions to retirement plans and payment of tax liabilities and insurance policies.

Roberts also received stock options and restricted stock awards valued by the company at $10.6 million on the day they were granted, a Securities and Exchange Commission filing showed.

The proxy included a shareholder proposal that would give shareholders the right to vote on whether compensation to senior executives was excessive, appropriate or too low as a report card on the compensation committee's decisions. The proposal said Comcast's executive pay was "excessive."

Another shareholder is proposing that the company prepare a report to measure the gap between the most highly paid executives at Comcast and its lowest earners, and to see if remedies are needed.

Last year, Roberts also exercised 1.2 million stock options and realized a value of $19.9 million. In addition, the value of stock awards that vested came to $1.1 million on 61,875 shares.

Options exercised and the value of vested stock awards aren't included in the calculation for total compensation because these securities may have been granted in prior years and also depend in part on the personal finance decisions of the executive.

In 2006, Comcast reported an 18 percent increase in revenue to $24.9 billion and net income of $2.5 billion, nearly tripling from the year before. The Philadelphia-based company credits the popularity of its discounted bundle of video, Internet and phone service for the gains.

Comcast's shares rose by 63 percent last year. The stock fell by a penny to $25.75 in late afternoon trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

The Associated Press calculations of total pay include executives' salary, bonus, incentives, perks, above-market returns on deferred compensation and the estimated value of stock options and awards granted during the year.

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity