Comcast Digital Voice / paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem!

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:
We called Comcast to find out where we could buy the phone modem so we could stop paying 3.00 a month to rent it and what we found out was really irritating. They told me that the phone modem cannot be purchased by the public that we have to have it for the phone service so we have to pay the 3.00 a month to rent it. My point is, if it is not for sale to the general public and we HAVE TO HAVE IT if we have the phone service, the 3.00 should have been included in our monthly rate! When the modem was installed the service person said... you can purchase one of these at Best Buy if you won't want to pay the rental fee. So this is what we were trying to do!

I know, it is just 3.00 a month but it is the point that it should have been included in the price not an additional fee. Anyone else that might feel this way should email Comcast! When I spoke with Customer Service the other day they told me to file a complaint and if enough people do they might make them available to be purchased!

Comments

Dr
  24th of Nov, 2008
A few month's ago we were trying to get the Comcast Triple Play in our Townhouse. The salesperson said we could get all that for one low price. We said, that would be great. Well when the time came to have it installed, Comcast kept putting off the install date, stating the salesperson re-set our install date. Well this went on for about 2 weeks. Then when the day came for them to install the triple play, the installer said he couldn't install th digital phone. I asked him why and he said he would have to get into the NID and do all kinds of things.

Plus the guy said th salesperson put down for our install, to install HSI on one computer which we didn't say, we said we had 2 computers and wanted them both hooked up. Then the guy called his supervisor and asked him about the phone service and his super said they couldn't because of all the things they had to do to install phone service. Well just today after stewing over this for 2 months, I went to a website that stated, they can just unplug the service from ATT and install theirs. They also said apartments all over the country can get digital phone.

After I write this, I am going to the comcast website and am going to make a big stink about this. Hopefully something will come of it.
Me
  18th of Sep, 2010
I pay $5.00/month for this VOIP modem!
Bb
  19th of Sep, 2017
COMCAST YOUR ATTITUDE TO YOU NEW AND VETERAN CUTOMERS MUST!!! CHANGE SOON; BECAUSE YOUR HIGH MORAL GROUND ATTITUDE IS ABOUT TO TUMBLE. IN ADDITION TO YOUR ON-SHORE AND HIGH VOLUME UNTRAINED CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS GOING TO NO LONGER BE TOLERATED. I PERSONALLY WILL BE FIGHTING WITH YOUR COMPETITORS TO HELP YOU GIVE US BETTER SERVICE. WORST CASE BYE, BYE COMCAST WITH YOUR BAD BILLING; HIDDEN CHARGES ETC.

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity