Comcast Cable / misrepresenting tv station and always changing things around with out contacting costomers.

1 Santa Rosa Ca, CA, United States Review updated:

I signed up for Comcast back in July 2007 for a basic cable package.I was excited cause I had all the channels I wanted. Then shortly after I received them they cut half my channels out with out informing they were changing over to digital. I had to pay the same price for the channels I was now not receiving. Then I leave to go out of the country so I discontinue my service.I come home and ask Comcast if we can reconnect my cable service. I ask them if I will receive Cnn and Fox News with the basic cable service and they tell me oh yeah you will receive even more channels so I am like great sign me up!The comcast service rep tells me i have to be home between 12:00Pm and 4:00Pm because that is when the guy is going to hook up my service. So I wait and I wait and I wait, finally I call Comcast where is the guy who is to come hook up my cable? She tells me there was no connection with my account. I am like what! I tell her I called the week before and asked for them to hook up my cable, and they told I had to be home between the hours of 12:00Pm and 4:00pm.She tells me I do not need to be home when they hook up my cable and that she would try and get someone out to hook up my cable. They hook up my cable finally, and I get all the channels I wanted like they said. I leave the next day to go out of town for a week and a half, I come home and half my cable channels are gone! I am like ugh! I call Comcast asking them what the heck is going on? They tell me oh with basic cable you only get 32 channels. I hit the roof going what! I told them that I talked to the costumer service person and they told me I would get these certain channels with basic cable.The service person said no, you do not get those channels. I said I want my service shut off I no longer want to deal with your service. They told me I still have to pay $37.29, I was like what I was not the one who made the mistake here. I then called customer service again this Am to talk to a supervisor. I shared with the supervisor the complaint I had with Comcast that i shared with the other customer service person and felt I should not have to pay for their mistakes. The Supervisor told me, oh that Comcast messed up and gave people several people more channels then they should have not gotten now, as if that was going to make me feel better. I told him they need to honor their customers because they are the one who made the mistake not us and that we should not have to pay for their mistakes. He told me I still have to pay the $37.29, he told me i can file a complaint with Comcast if I wanted to. Like that they were really going to do anything about it. I did not think asking not to pay the bill was a big asking price for all I have gone through with Comcast.

I am very disappointed in Comcast, and I will tell those whom consider Comcast for their cable that they are making a huge mistake and to please not make the same one I did by signing up with them.I filed a report with consumers affairs and hope to see some justice done for the customers that have had issues as well.

Thanks Jeanie

Comments

• Fo
      24th of Mar, 2010

Jeanie,
    I have gone through the exact same thing. I had Basic for 5 years. Then Monday night half my channels are gone! Here's what I found out...I had what I thought was "Basic" which was actually "Standard". They disconnected my Standard in order to move me up to "Digital Starter" for $40.00 more a month. The Standard package was discontinued without notice. Highly deceptive!!! There are many violations of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

I now have an odd mix of channels from Basic AND some other package. (Mysterious).

I don't stand for this kinda stuff. My next action is to write the Colorado District manager of Comcast and the CEO of Comcast. I will let them come up with a solution. If they respond with apathy, I will pull together a legal case. This should be fairly easy to do.

David