Comcast Cable / shady business practices

During these hard economic times shouldn't we be able to trust our service companies we have had for years? I have been a Comcast Cable customer for years. Comcast had this new deal called the Triple Play that was going to save me lots of money. I signed up for it and had explicitly asked for how much each service was going to charge. I wanted the cheapest charges for every service, cable, internet, and phone. I was given cable service at 49.99, phone service at 19.99 and internet service at 24.95. This is going to be my prices? Yes, I was told. My bill would be around $115 a month. Great sign me up. When the installer came out to hook up my phone and internet services I specifially asked him to go over my pricing again. He called his manager and we all went back and forth untill I was promised the same prices as on the phone. OK install it then. My first bill I recieved was $240. This is for prorated month charges. Fine. I paid that bill. Two more bills came for the promised $115 a month. Everything was fine and I was now a happy customer. Bill number 4 was for $137. Why so much higher than my promised rates? I called and was explained that I had all promotional pricing. My phone service had just reset to 39.99 and my cable was going to be setting in two more months to 74.99. The customer service agent explained to me that I had a great deal because I have unlimited long distance calling. I do? I was never told of this and I had never used the unlimited long distance in the three months I had service. Now I am very upset because I no longer trust Comcast as a company. They can not tell you of their special "promo" pricing when you set up your plan and let you be surprised every time you get a bill. I email "Rick" the CEO or whatever of the company. I recieved a call today from Comcast telling me they will put me in a new promo pricing for 6 months. What happens when that pricing is up? Oh you just call and get new promo pricing. So every 3-6 months, depending on how long your pricing is good for, you get to call the customer service line and beg for new pricing. Why should we, as "valued" Comcast customers have to do this? Just give me one price. Just say this is what it is going to be. I don't hae time to call every few months and wait on hold forever to try and get new pricing. My timie is valueable. I'm calling Dish Network and AT&T back!

Ic

Comments

• Sp
      6th of Aug, 2010

Here's shady for you: When you look at Comcast's website, they offer four product categories: Internet, Telephone, Television and Bundles.

I chose the Internet product because I don't want to bundle any other services. I was shown a promotional price of $19.99 for the first 6 months of service, which would increase to $44.95 per month thereafter. Great, I thought - and signed up.

I've now been a customer for six months and just received my first "non-promotional" bill today for $59.95. WAIT... Where did this extra $15/month charge come from?

I called and explained that I signed up for the $19.99 promotional (later $44.95/month) service and asked where the $59.95/month charge came from. "Oh, that $44.95 price is only available if you also signed up telephone or television service."

WHAAAAT???

So when you're looking at Comcast's website, if you choose the Internet product category, they show you prices that are actually only available for bundles. Nowhere on the page does it actually disclose the actual product prices. SO SHADY!

What an unethical "bait-and-switch" tactic. I'm leaving them for DSL just based on principle.