Comcast / scam and cheating

United States Review updated:

Hurricane IKE, Comcast is valuing their Electronic Boxes that are required and provided by Comcast at over 400.00 each. These used boxes can not have a fair market value of what they are claiming. They are instructing their customers to claim these units at an inflated price on their Homeowners Insurance and paying the inflated claim to Comcast. This is insurance fraud. Every single person that has been told to do this should file a claim with the FCC. I hope someone flies a Class Action lawsuit against Comcast and puts these rip-off artist in Jail.
Pe

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008
I was a loyal customer of the company that was in charge before Comcast bought them out. The prices that Patriot Media charged were more then reasonable and I was more then happy with the service. I was paying a good price for the 4 star package. When Comcast took over it seemed to be going well at first. Then within a few months my cable bill was jacked up to over 300.00 dollars. Granted I was past due at the time, but I had just made a payment when I received this bill.

When i called then to complain about the amount of my bill, they told me that I had agreed to that increase after a few months on a promotion price that was only temporary. I had never agreed to anything, nor would i have agreed to that increase. Not only that but Comcast customer service is beyond awful. Most of the reps I have talked to there have been rude and not very helpful.

At the present time I am still with Comcast because I don't have a choice at the present time. I also thought I could get some sort of deal on internet service with them due to the fact that I was paying so much for cable service, but no when i called they wanted to charge me a fortune, so I went with someone else.

If you can go with someone else I would try and do so, before this company empties your pockets.
  26th of Nov, 2008
I am a person with a severe disability. My disability leaves me without family and friends to speak of (or with). I sometimes don't hear my own voice for days. So, my TV is an absolute necessity to help maintain my sanity. Comcast has no regard for their low-income customers. And these customers probably make up a good portion of their customer base. I have Comcast's basic analog service at $56.95/month. I live on $650/month, and this cost of cable is a hardship, but again, a necessary one. Of course, I've had to consider limited basic and even antenna TV, but I could not live with the limited choice of channels. As it is, the number of channels worth watching on my basic cable service is shamefully few.

Cable TV should not be a 'luxury' when the alternatives are often not satisfactory. I did begin the process of switching to DirecTV, but canceled the installation when I was charged $149 for equipment before the installers were even due to arrive at my apartment. They should not charge for equipment when it isn't yet determined if I could receive a good signal at my location. I've since read way too many horror stories online about the poor business practices of the two satellite dish companies to risk monetary loss, poor installation, or poor service.

No other options such as FiOS or XOHM seem to be available in my area, not that I could afford those services either. So, as a monopoly would happily have it, I am stuck with Comcast, and their inconceivable prices which they plan to increase yet again. Notice that if you take away the letters, 'c', 'o', and 't' from the word Comcast, what remains are the letters that make up the word 'scam'... Keep in mind that the definitions of 'scam' are: A fraudulent business scheme; a stratagem for gain; a swindle.

Comcast's business practices often fit that definition. Their 'scam' would seem to be cleverly disguised by adding three letters to their name.
  1st of Dec, 2008