Comair Airways / Invaded privacy & priceless memories stolen

On 09-10-2009 i checked in my luggage at OR Thambo for a flight to DBN. I had a pleasant flight. I collected my luggage & when i got home i opened my bag expecting to find my camera so that I could download my pictures from my holiday in Spain but my camera was nowhere to be found!

I tried calling the BA offices to report this but unfortunately for me it was after hours. I decided to wait for my return flight to JHB on 11-10-2009. When i got to DBN international I went to the lost property office to report the incident. i was told that there's nothing that can be done for me as the airline will not pay for my camera - which i can somewhat understand.

What makes me mad is this: i trusted your airline to respect my privacy & not go through my luggage, i also didn't expect your company to be as unsympathetic as it was toward me & i had memories on my camera which i will never get back - ever!

i have just one request, please advise your staff when they *** cameras, could they please be so kind as to at least leave the memory cards behind as those are of no value to them. i'm just disappointed & will try not to be bitter about this but maybe i'm just naive for trusting so much.

Ke

Comments

• Do
      1st of Sep, 2010
    Comair Airways - Missing contents from luggage
    Comair Airways
    comair.co.za

I travelled with BA Airways on 05 Sept'09 with flight BA 6417 from Jhb to CPT. When I unpacked my suitcase this morning I noticed that someone has gone through my luggage and my Safari perfume is missing. This is quite an expensive perfume (R850 to R1000 for the size bottle I received from my hubby). My husband bought it for me for our anniversary and no need to say, I have been using it sparingly. What upsets me the most is that someone foreign to me had the cheeck to go thourgh my luggage and decide what to take for themselves! I had no other items of value in my suitcase, only the normal, clothes, shoes and the items in my cosmetic bag. I really did not know that one has to rather travel with your perfumes with your hand luggage as well. My word, why don't they just let us take all our luggage with us on board? I want the Airways to investigate the matter as well as to replace my perfume.