Columbia Restaurant / Can't get desert

On a Sunday visit to Ybor City, we stopped in at the Columbia Restaurant to have cafe con leche and flan. We went to the bar and asked for a table there. The bartender told us that we could not get a table and to go to the other side. We asked at the desk and were told that they only took dinner reservations on that side. The bar room had more than a few tables empty but it seems that the hired help doesn't want to serve just desert and coffee. There were six of us. My first instinct was to just sit down but the folks didn't want to start a scene when we were having a very nice day. My recommendation is to avoid this restaurant as this would never have happened when the father was running the place. Westshore is just a few minutes away and the restaurants there were more than glad to seat and serve us. I won't miss Columbia with Tio Pepe and all the other places in Tampa Bay who don't act like snobs and strutting peacocks.

Sm

Comments

• Ri
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I am so sorry to hear that one of our employees took it upon themselves to not allow you to enjoy Flan and Cafe con Leche! This is not our policy. The answer we have instructed all of our front and back of the house staff is say "Yes we can!" to all guest request.

I would like to know who the snob was that was strutting like peacocks, if you recall their name I would greatly appreicate a response. We are proud and humbled to serve our community in all ways possible.

I will look into the scheduling to go through education and training . A s amatter of fact we will address it with all of the staff that evening shift.

Tio Pepe is a fine restaurant, please say hello to Jesus on my behalf.

Please accept my apology for a horrible experience.

I am curious who was your father that you say manged the restaurant?

Peace,