Colotox And Acia Berry / unauthorized charges to credit card

I ordered free trials of Colontox and Acia Berry online. I did receive my FREE trials and was charged on my credit card $1.00 for the 14SLIMTABS which was the Acia Berry and also 5.95 for the Colotox which was suppose to be for shipping and handling. Then approx 2 weeks later I received another package in the mail so I checked my credit card for any unauthorized transactions. There were two charges. One from Colotox for $38.95 AND one charge from IP -HEALTHIERFORME in the amount of $89.31. I called the number on my credit card statement and the cust serv rep said that I would have to return the unopened product with a tracking number (not the tracking # on package that was sent) so I had to return the product to get a tracking number and had to pay $4.40. In the meantime, I called the number regarding the Colotox charges and the 'Hold" time was 97 minutes. I AM INFURIATED. i also, will NOT authorize amu tramsactions on line and would like to know if there is ANYTHING else I could possibly do. I just really feel for the elderly that may have been TAKEN by this scam. In todays economy we dont need people taking advantage of each other.

Jm

Comments

Jb
  26th of Nov, 2008
Colotox and Acia - Overcharged my account and won't respond
Kentucky

I ordered just samples of both the above items which would have totaled $10.70 and my bank account was charged $45.85 and $44.85 the next day. They will not respond to a letter I wrote nor have they responded to 4 emails I sent. What can I do to recover my money? I could care less about the product. Don't want it and sorry I ever heard of this company. Thank You for your help.

Bw
  26th of Dec, 2008

Around Nov. 8th 2008 I ordered the free sample of ColoTox through an add placed through Mega Foods search. I used my debit card, about 10 days later I did recieve my free sample. A charge to my checking of $5.95 was incurred. I tried the product as directed however was not satisfied at all. I thought no big deal and left it at that. Later on checking my bank status over the phone I discovered an aunthorized transaction of $38.95 debit to my account. Upon calling the bank pertaining to this, I was told the tranaction came from Colotox, during this same call the customer service rep. of my bank stated there has also been one other recent transaction of $44.90. from the same company as well . At this time I let them know niether tranaction had been authorized. I was told this would be looked into and was given the Toll free # to this company. I called the # and after a 40 min wait, was transferred to a Colotox Rep. Explained my situation, I was told in a rude tone of voice, if you were not happy with the product you should have contacted us by phone to cancel your order and send back the remainder of the product. I said I dont recall reading anything like this, however you dont have the right to charge for something your not delivering. I agreed to a FREE SAMPLE and was only responsible for paying the shipping & handling, thats what I did. She responded by yelling over my voice when I was reminding her to cancel this order and in doing she HUNG UP ON ME: I am very thankful however this incident did not cause any checks to bounce : Well since then my bank has credited my account for the unauthorized transactions. I will never use my debit card online again, Thats ashame!!!

Ce
  15th of Feb, 2009

We just got scammed too. I can't believe these people are getting away with this. We called as soon as we saw the complaint page. The we decided to call them up and tell not to send any product to us. Well, 5 days later, they posted to chrsges to our bank, and also sticking up with $60 in over draft fees. We are planning legal action if they don't refund the amoung of the product and alos the overdraft fees incurred. Why aren't we protected against these crooks? It's awful. All we can to is tell everyone we know about it, and hopefully at some point they will have to shout down