COLORTYME/LIVING ROOM SET / ACCOUNT MANAGER

1 80 MANTON AVENUE, Providence, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 401-331-9900

I'm already a customer with Colortyme, in which I rent a dryer and a mattress set. Yesterday I ordered a living room set with endtables. I called in this morning and made a payment for 2 weeks, from April 19-May 1, in which it would be delivered tomorrow. I had a family emergency, in which I'm leaving out of state this evening. I called Colortyme and spoke with Mike the Account Manager. He was very rude, and kept cutting me off while I was speaking and trying to explain of what just occurred. He was very ignorant and not understanding of my unexpected situation. I just wanted to re-arrange my delivery date and be credited back for one of the weeks that I already paid. Mike's response was he can't do that and that I don't make any sense what I'm talking about. He then put his colleague on the line. I explained to him the situation, and he immediately understood what I was explaining to him. The outcome is I have to call the Manager tomorrow because he's out today. He's the only one that has authority to handle my account with a credit. I just wanted to inform you of how inconsiderate and ignorant your Account Manager Mike is. I will never recommend anyone to this particular location again!

Ke

Comments

• Ih
      29th of May, 2012

Hello, NO they never handled the problem! This complaint is in reference to his customer service skills. The credit was never refunded onto my credit card, they just applied the payment to future payments. I wanted to be credited that day of, not credited at the end of the contract!

• Ih
      29th of May, 2012

Also I would like to add that I find the manager Omar Cruz of Colortyme on Manton Ave in Providence RI to be very unprofessional! I received a reminder call that my bill was due the same day that they called me. So technically I wasn't late yet. I was slammed at work and wasn't able to call with a payment. The next day they called again during my work schedule hours in which they are aware of my schedule because I notified them. They began to call my family members(the references I used) and harrass them that I'm late on a payment and that I can go to jail for stealing their items! They called my other references and told them that they are a friend of mine that just came into town and are trying to reach me! They approached my neighbors asking about me, my schedule, and what schools my kids attend! The manager then tried to facebook request me with his profile pic of his arms showing with tattoos, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!, Omar Cruz then began to text message me off his own cell phone, and even mentioned another customers name in the text. I don't even know the female that he mentioned. So he violated her privacy! They have been calling my temporary employment agency asking them questions on a daily basis. They went to the agency and demanded answers on my location. I called them today to discuss what was going on. I got into a confrontation with a man, who refused to give me his name. He said he will continue to call me every day. He then put Omar Cruz the manager, on the line. I asked did you request me on facebook? He stated he can do whatever he wants! I told him that I do not know the female that he mentioned in my text message. He then provided me her first and last name at this point. I never heard of this girl ever! They said shes going to court for stealing their merchandise. Once again, another privacy violation! At this point I don't want any dealings with them. I feel uncomfortable speaking with them. I Can any action be taken against them for violating privacy acts and harrassment?

• 1h
      28th of Jun, 2012

I'm a little shocked to read this! I love Colortyme! I got a living room set with two end tables & lamps. I've never had a problem with them, mind you, I've never been late with my payment & never going to be, & think it's wrong to be so! Isn't that like stealing! I've always found then polite & professional...
    I can't imagine any of them being mean! You must of done something really bad "IF" they where rude to you!
    I guess there are always going to be people out there that have to complain about something! Never happy with anything in there lives so take it out on other people! I think you could call them undesirables! I work in Retail & there is always someone who has a bad day & lets it out on me & the people I work with, even thought you try your hardest to make them happy, then they start rising their voice to you & what goes through my head is "what is happening to the world? Why do people get so angry all the time?" This is how wars start! Sometimes it makes me ashamed to be Human!
    I've never had that problem at Colortyme!! They always seem so happy & helpful.

• Ci
      28th of Jan, 2013

I TO AM GOING THREW THE SAME THING WITH MIKE, HE IS A TOTAL JERK AND IS RUDE EVERYTIME YOU CALL, I HAVE BEEN RENTING A BEDROOM SET AND TV COMBO FOR THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF AND THEY SAY IT WILL NOT BE PAID OFF TO 2014, IT SHOULD ALREADY BE PAID OFF BY NOW, I HAVE PAID WELL OVER 2000 ALL READY, I HAD A VOUCHER FOR THAT STORE FOR CREDIT UP TO 3000 TOWARDS ANYTHING SO YOU TELL ME WHAT A SCAM THEY ARE, PLUS WHEN I RENTED A LIVING ROOM SET I PAID FOR IT THE WHOLE MONTH I MADE THEM COME AND TAKE IT BECAUSE IT HAD BUGS IN IT, AND THEY NEVER ONCE USED THE MONTH I PAID TOWARDS THE BEDROOM SET WHERE I DID NOT GET ANOTHER SO WHERE IS THAT MONTHS MONEY I PAID, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO THIS SHOULD ALL BE PAID FOR BY NOW,

• 1h
      28th of Jan, 2013

Colortyme is a rent to own company!! You rent the furniture until you have paid the full rental amount! I think the longer the term the more you end up paying! It's like getting a loan from the bank, the longer you spread the payments the more you pay in the long run! Unlike a bank if you don't pay they have the right to take back the item's. The Item's don't belong to you until that last payment is paid off. It is good for the people who have trouble getting credit, people who want to spread the price of their purchases in small affordable payments, persons who want the top new modern items. Also I think you can get services for some rented items!
    Hope this helped out a little!

• Ci
      28th of Jan, 2013

get services for some rented items!!! like what, everything you get even with what i have paid so far and the voucher i got for 3000, and the months rent i paid for nothing they just keep making you pay, my monthly payments are 359.00 without tax, so figure that out by 18 months this stuff is well paid off, a bedroom set and tv, and they are telling me i have until feb of 2014, i have paid 5, 744.00 dollars so far.