Colorado Springs Police Department / Charges

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I'm writing because we have a case in Colorado that is not right or fair. It is the Frankie Craighead murder case. They have no physical evidence and he has been charged off of just hearsay. It is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, they have to prove they innocence. Another man(army man) kills his wife and gets out on a ten thousand dollar bond, this man can't even get a bond. His so called public defender has been to see him maybe twice, this is his life on the line but it's a big game to the government. All we are asking is for someone to look into it because something is not right with this case. Please do not ignore this email like so many others. This is someones' child, father, brother, uncle and so forth. Please help in any way.Email: ivorymmitchell@yahoo.com

Iv

Comments

• Tr
      3rd of Jul, 2009

CSPD is not at fault. They arrest and run the jail. From what I read Frankie Craighead waived his right to a preliminary hearing. That is where bail/bond would have been set. Craighead has been charged which lawfully allows him to be held. I think energy is better spent contacting the his public defender. It sounds to me like the defender is waiting to see what happens to Anderson's case. Craighead's life is on the line. Not because of the CSPD. Posting like this is not the way to find help.

• Ke
      5th of Oct, 2009

I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE POSTING.. YES CSPD ARREST PEOPLE AND RUN THE JAILHOUSE.. BUT THEY ALSO TRUMP UP CHARGES TO SEE IF THEY CAN HAVE ANOTHER CONVICTION UNDER THEIR BELT YES MR CRAIGHEAD MAY HAVE WAIVED HIS RIGHTS BUT WHO WAS THERE TO TELL HIM WHAT THE BEST THING FOR HIM TO DO, IM SURE HE WOULD HAVE NEVER WAIVED HIS RIGHTS IF HE KNEW THIS WOULD BE THE RESULT. I FEEL LIKE SHE MADE A GREAT POINT ABOUT THE SOILDER WHO KILLED HIS WIFE, BECAUSE HE WAS FREE VERY SHORTLY AFTER BEING ARRESTED. IM SURE YOU HAVE READ ALOT OF STUFF ABOUT MR CRAIGHED, AND NO HE IS NO ANGEL BUT THIS IS A VERY UNFAIR CASE.. THEIR ARE MORE PEOPLE INVOLED IN THE PLANNING OF THIS CRIME. SOME PEOPLE INVOLVED HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN OTHER MURDER CASES AND THEY WERE NOT ARRESTED OR EVEN CHARGED FOR THIS ONE.IT SOUNDS LIKE CSPD IS JUST TRYING TO CLOSE THIS CASE..ALSO HIS PUBLIC DEFENDER WAS CONTACTED SEVERAL TIMES BY MR CRAIGHED AND HIS FAMILY SHE HAS NOT RETURNED ANYONES CALL THE FAMILY EVEN CONTACTED HER SUPERVISOR. STILL NO ONE RETURNED PHONE CALLS THAT WERE MADE AND ALOT OF MESSAGES WERE LEFT FOR HER.. ALSO SHE NEVER VISITED MR CRAIGHED IN JAIL LIKE SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO.ALSO I THINK TELLING THE TRUTH IS THE WAY TO FIND HELP.. IT SOUNDS LIKE CSPD IS UPSET BECAUSE SOMEONE SPOKE FROM THERE HEART AND POSTED IT ON THE COMPUTER..WE ALL KNOW THAT THE POLICE LIE TO TRY TO MAKE A ARREST AND THEY CAN BE VERY UGLY TO PEOPLE.. EX. CRIMINALS, WHICH I UNDERSTAND, TAX PAYING PEOPLE WHO DONT GET IN ANY TROUBLE, FAMILYS OF PEOPLE WHO HAS COMMITED A CRIME.. REMEMBER THIS YOU CAN NOT HELP WHO YOUR RELATED TO..BUT CSPD DONT EVEN CARE THEY JUST WANT TO ARREST SOMEONE ANYONE

• Ke
      5th of Oct, 2009

P.S I READ HER COMMENT SEVERAL TIMES NOT ONE TIME DID SHE SAY SHE BLAMES CSPD. SHE SAID GOVERNMENT THAT CAN BE ANY FORM OF THE GOVERNMENT SO I THINK THAT COMMENT WAS VERY UNPROFESSINAL .AND SHE SAID IN HER COMMENT THAT SHE HAS BEEN TRYIN TO CONTACT HIS PUBLIC DEFENDER .IF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER IS TEYING TO SEE WHAT ANDERSON WAS GOING TO DO SHE STILL COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING TO FRANKIE OR HIS WIFE AND FAMILY...

• Tr
      8th of Oct, 2009

90 days ago when I responded to this post under
    "Colorado Springs Police Department Complaints - Charges" (that's where I got the blaming the CSPD) I said this is not the way to find help. I didn't say I thought it was wrong. I was pointing out this complaint on a board is not going to bring attention to this matter. I also added some facts about the case. The CSPD is not in charge of the prosecution of the case. Miranda was there to tell him his rights. That solider posted bail. I'm sure there were many more people involved in this crime. According to you the police just want to arrest everyone so they must be in jail. Everything said is hearsay on the defender's office. No mention of writing a letter or visiting the defenders office in person. When you feel someone's life is on the line you don't just use the phone. Frankie pled guilty. He's still probably waiting and he knows why even though he is not sharing.
    Professionally speaking you know the Attorney can only speak to her client about the case.

• Lu
      2nd of May, 2011

I do understand the frustration off losing loved ones by the hands of police malfeasances; however, the bigger picture now is Frankie… He was a childhood friend of mine and I am eternally remorseful of his current situation. What must be done now? If we really care about Frankie or his family, support must be given, encouragement suggesting that brighter days will come with perseverance on his part to survive through this catastrophic period. If anyone is able to provide his mailing address it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,