ColonMate

Terrible experience!

5921 Birch st 2
Carpinteria, California
Phone: 805-259-7803
Colonmate (aka: Colonex & Colonix) review: The bottle arrived in a plain yellow envelope. I took the product sample and it gave me serious stomach gas. I emailed (and later cell phoned) Colonmate of Glendale to take the product back as it made me ill. It's been 31 days now and they continue to send "sorry buddy" email back to me. They will not help on this issue. Colonmate proceeded to send another bottle of capsules and charged my bank account another $78.98. I begged them to stop and to take the capsules back. My bank said they can't help me. I also asked Colonmate for a re-crediting of the money they took. They refuse on all accounts. Buyer beware, please save your self stomach gas and grief, avoid Colonmate (aka: Colonex & Colonix). God bless you.
Complaint comments Comments (111) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N  8th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

ColonMate.com - Credit card charge & no refund!
3600 Ocean Veiw #2
Glendale
California
Phone: 8664407533
www.colonmate.com

Tried sample 4.99 good deal then but after 14 days send you more product for 79.00 and charge your bank account and won't let you return product for refund. RIP OFF!
N  15th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Colonmate - Scam
Redwood Valley
California

I ordered only the free trial and now my Credit card has been charged $78.00 for a product that I did not ask for on a regular basis. I didn't even have a chance to try product because I needed to check with the Doctor because I take meds.
Please I need help with this I can not afford to pay out $78.00 for something I may not use.
Shirley Walker
N  15th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
This is a rip off and some one got to prosecute the seller. while the first order was fo less than five dollars, the salesman charged me on my ctedit card ove $77.00!!! Please do something to srop this crook. will grt my atterney to handle this crook.
N  16th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was charged 78.00 but did not order or received any product. please credit my credit card for 78.00 originally I ordered the free trial and was require to pay about 5.00 s/h and that was fine but then I saw a charge on my credit card for $78.00. My doctor do not want me using this product. Please credit my credit card.
A  17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
same thing happened to me!!!!
N  17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
i sent my product back and to this day 1-17-08 have not received any comment or a signed confirmation which i spent extra money to have delivered.
N  18th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Two months ago, I watched with amusement a TV program on channel 4 (in MS) describing the first advantages of this product. I decided to try it realizing that the charge was only $5.00. Afer the first shipment, I received another one 8 days later with an additional $79.oo without being consulted for it. The salesman informed me that this was rheir policy and you go to hell!! This company got to be stopped and I expect a refund.
A  19th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too, ordered Colonmate. I thought the 5.99 for the free trial was a good deal. However, beware that they will charge your card for the $79.00 or so after 14 days without your knowledge. They really don't tell or show you this when you order. You are automatically signed up for these deliveries whether or not you want them. I called by phone to cancel. They told me that they will cancel any "futher" shipments. But the $79.00 charge you can only dispute by E mail. I am still waiting to see I get the $79.00 credit. They seem like a "fly-by-night" operation, probably run out of someones house. BUYER BEWARE!!!
A  21st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Gerald,

You received a charge of $78.98 because you did not cancel your account within the allowed 14 day trial period, as stated in our terms and conditions that you are required to read before purchasing. As stated in the terms and conditions, you have 14 days from your trial order to cancel or you will be shipped (2) more bottles for the price of $78.98. This is a continuity program for customers who like the product. Any customer who cancels within that 14 day period is removed from the continuity auto-shipment program and does not receive any further charges or bottles. Here is a direct link to our order page which contains the terms and conditions on the page above the Order button ( https://www.colonmate.com/order.php). Please be advised that your order would not have been processed unless you agreed and accepted the terms and conditions.

You were cancelled so you will not receive any more products and will not incur any further charges from us.

Since you did not cancel your trial membership within the 14 day allowed time period, what I can do for you is to let you keep the (2) extra bottles and give you a refund of $34.99, which would be half of the total you were charged, minus shipping charges since we can not refund those.

------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, they GRACIOUSLY agreed to refund $34.99 of the $79.98 that they charged my credit card. That was on Friday 1/19/08. I will check my credit card daily to see if they follow through. Obviously, none of us cancelled within 14 days because none of us were aware that we had signed up (or rather, colonmate had signed us up..) to receive further shipments.
Does anyone know of an appropriate consumer ripoff/fraud outfit that might pursue these people? I doubt if they will change their ways until threatened with legal action.
A  21st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
There seems to be 2 seperate links to this site containing two sets of complaints regarding the Colonmate scam. I've gathered all that I can find here so that they may be viewed together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 2008-01-08 by Rene Gonzalez
No refund!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 days ago by Mel Ahmed
This is a rip off and some one got to prosecute the seller. while the first order was for less than five dollars, the salesman charged me on my credit card ove $77.00!!! Please do something to stop this crook. will get my atterney to handle this crook.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ /> 4 days ago by Mary Pillen
3 days ago by Mel Ahmed

Posted: 2008-01-15 by Shirley A. Walker
charged $78.00 for product not ordered

Shirley Walker
4 days ago by Leeta Tiwarie [send email]
1 days ago by Tom C [send email]

Finally, this last one was posted by me on 1/21/08. It includes the email response to my complaint by Colonmate:

Gerald J Reynolds
I got suckered on this deal, too. The fact that you're being signed up for the "$79 A Month Club" shows up only in the Terms And Conditions, which appears on the very bottom of the web page. The Terms And Conditions portion of internet sales sites are ordinarily reserved for "legalize" that is required for some transactions. If Colonmate actually wanted you to know what you were signing up for, they would display this information in plain sight. I've been doing business on the internet for 10 years, and I fell for it like a tall tree. I sent them a complaint via their "consumer support" link. This is what they sent me......

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Gerald,

------------------------------------------------------
A  22nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me with Colonmate. Ordered the first bottle and was checking with my dr. and he said not to take them. I immediately called within the 14 days and they still sent out the 2 bottles and charged me $78.98. When I called they would not even speak with me ...they said i had to email any issues. I told them I filed a claim with my bank and they said now they really would not issue a credit. I also sent the 2 bottles back unopened. I just received a letter from the bank that they denied the claim b/c Colonmate had documentation. On the documentation they sent the bank they state I didn't even return the product, which of course I did. This company is a total rip off with very poor customer service.
N  23rd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
This product is probably too expensive for me.
All natural fiber - at $9.99 from my local drug store can do basically the same thing - and I know its safe... and whats in the product.

if this product were far less than - 80 dollars - perhaps 29 dollars - then it would fall into price range comsumers ( like me) are willing to pay.

to your health
B.C.B
A  24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
They f*cked me too! Call Ray Carter 1-866-440-7533 x1103 and tell them they are running a scam operation!
N  4th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Colonmate - Scam
350 E. Ohio Av.

Ordered trial and wanted to cancel, but all avenues to reach the COLONMATE sellers and CANCEL auto shipments, but contact with them came to nothing!
A  5th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just got the two bottles in the mail today that I did not order and got a mini statement from my bank showing a debit of 78.98. I personally would like to sue the company and everyone employed there.
N  6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

ColonMate.com - Credit card charge & no refund!
Colonmate.com
www.colonmate.com

Agreement was i get to try product for 14 days, i ordered product on january 17 received it january 28 didn't even have 14 days to try it. They charged my credit card on feb 1, they say it is 14 days from order date so why did they state 14 days trial.
A  6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was send another order without ordering after the 5.99 order and within the 14 days. I called and canceled any futher orders and was given e-mail but have yet to get ahold of them. I am very upset for the also charge another $78.?? To my card. They was very unprofessional when I asked to talk to a manager. So I told the SOB to stick it.
A  7th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
The same exact thing happened to me and I want my money back immediately. This is fraud.
A  8th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Just a follow-up to what I posted a few weeks ago. Based on everything that I had read on this website, I didn't bother calling to complain, but I did complain via their "support" email site. That was on 1/19/08. On 2/4/08, they refunded $34.99 of the $78.98 they had charged to my credit card. I suspect that may be as good as it's going to get.

About 2 weeks ago, I contacted an investigative reporter at the Los Angeles Times named David Lazarus. He seemed interested in the Colonmate scam, but I have not heard anything from him since our original conversation.
A  10th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Yep, it happened to me too. I first ordered the 15day trial on 1/20/08 and agreed to pay the $5.99. I received the following confirmation email:

Dear Audrey,

Thank you for signing up for the free trial offer. We hope you enjoy and benefit from this product and continue to purchase from us in the future. As you know this trial bottle is free of charge and will be shipped to you via USPS from the Iwin Labs headquarters in Southern California. Expect to receive your shipment in the next 3-5 business days. If you have any questions regarding this order please contact our customer support department by replying to this email.

Your credit card has been charged $4.99 for shipping for your trial bottle. You purchased insurance for $1.00 for your trial bottle. If you puchased shipping insurance or additional products they will appear together as a separate charge on your credit.

You were charged a total of $5.99 for your order.

Products will be shipped to:
Audrey Worden
207 Auburn St
Fond du Lac, WISCONSIN 54935

Please visit the following link https://www.colonmate.com/health_kit.html for your exclusive online colon health kit!

Customer Support Team

Ok that's all good but neither the email or the link sent in the email mentions anything about "signing up" or "joining" any kind of "membership" for which I would be charged.

Then I was charged the $78.98 which came as a HUGE surprise. I used my bank card to this came right out of my checking account. I really don't have money to just be giving away. So the $78.98 charge showed up on my checking account on 2/5/08 as "Pending". I called the toll free # and some guy that answered and claimed to be the "Manager" told me I needed to contact the billing department. I asked to be transfered and was told that there are no phones in the billing department and that I would have to email them. WHAT???!!! At this point I knew that I would never see my money. So I emailed them and I received this email:

Hi Audrey,

Customer Support

And I also received this email:

Audrey,

You were charged on 02/04/08 and your membership was cancelled on 02/05/08, which is why you were charged.

Customer Support

I asked if this is the case will I be receiving the product for which I was charged $78.98 and I received this email:

Audrey,

The product that you were charged for was shipped out to you on the day that you were charged. You will be receiving it within the next few days if you have not received it already.

Customer Support

So yesterday I received the product which I do not want and I emailed them and asked what their return policy is. As of now I haven't heard back from them . After reading other postings I wonder if I'll get a refund at all. DID ANYONE ELSE GET THEIR MONEY BACK???

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree