Colon Zen / Acai Berry / Scam- -Buyer beware

1 Brea, CA, United States Review updated:

OMG! Do not order any free trials on line because you will end up paying big time. After you're lured by the free trial add with the hidden membership subscription you will get billed for a huge amount on your credit card as an unauthorized charge. I was billed $83.18 for something that wasn't even worth it.

I called the company to cancel the membership I never wanted but they would not refund my money. I closed my Visa credit card just in case they tried to bill me again and guess what, they tried to bill me again. I put a red flag out on my credit card not to let these charges go through. They said these internet free trial scams are happening a lot. Please pass on the info and tell your friends not to go for the free trials when they ask for credit information.

Tr

Comments

• Gi
      28th of Mar, 2009

THEY JUST RIPPED ME OFF, TOO! I'M GOI NG TO THE BANK TO DO THE SAME AS THE ABOVE PERSON BECAUSE "COLON ZEN" CHARGED ME FOR A SHIPMENT THAT I DID NOT EVEN RECEIVE! THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO CALL DURING THE 14 DAYS AFTER PLACING MY ORDER AND THAT SINCE I DID NOT CALL THEM TELLING THEM THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE THE ORDER, IT IS A VALID CHARGE AND IT'S MY OWN FAULT BECAUSE THE "SUPERVISOR" NAMED "JEFF" SAID THAT I DID NOT CALL BEFORE THE 14 DAYS WAS UP FROM THE DAY I PLACED THE ORDER!!!???!!! I TOLD THEM THAT THEY CANNOT CHARGE ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE AND THAT EVERYBODY IN LEGITIMATE, HONEST BUSINESS DEALINGS KNOWS TO ALLOW AT LEAST 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A SHIPMENT TO ARRIVE FROM THE DAY THAT IT IS SHIPPED OUT AND IN MANY CASES SHIPMENTS AREN'T MAILED FOR DAYS, EVEN WEEKS...SOME ARE MAILED THE NEXT DAY BUT THE TRIAL PERIOD I ASKED FOR GAVE ME A 15-DAY "TRIAL PERIOD"...IN WHICH TO TRY THE PRODUCT AND THEN YOU WILL BE CHARGED, ETC. ETC. AFTER THAT PERIOD...BUT "JEFF" SAID THAT THE 15 DAYS STARTS THE MOMENT THE ORDER IS PLACED!!! I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE IT!!! THIS IS A NEW ONE ON ME!!! THIS IS A WHOLE NEW TYPE OF SCAM THAT I WASN'T EVEN AWARE OF!! BOY, PLEASE, ANY OF YOU OUT THERE...UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS THAT ARE SEARCHING FOR A PRODUCT TO TRY SUCH AS THIS ONE, "DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH WITH THIS "BRAND NEW" PRODUCT...THIS IS APPARENTLY A COMPANY READY TO PREY ON INNOCENT NAIVE GULLIBLE PEOPLE LEKE MYSELF!!!" PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T TRY THEIR "LIE"! THEY WON'T BE FORTHRIGHT AND HONEST AND DO THE "RIGHT THING"!!! i JUST SPENT A VERY LONG TIME ON THE PHONE TRYING SOOO HARD TO GET THEM TO UNDERSTAND HOW RIDICULOUS THIS SITUATION IS AND THEY KEPT SAYING "IT'S A VALID CHARGE"...IN WHAT WORLD??? I HAVE TO ASK...i RECEIVED ABSOLUTELY "no" CORRESPONDENCE FROM THEM WHATSOEVER...IN ANY FORM...MY EMAIL, PHONE, NOTHING!!! EXCEPT FOR IT SHOWING UP ON MY BANK ACCOUNT AS "WHEATGRASSCLEANSE"

• To
      31st of Jul, 2009

That happened to me too.
    They used different names for the products but it's the same place. and there's no confirmation email of the trial order.
    I didnt even receive my bottle until 2 weeks later, never had a chance at the 'free' trial even if I read the fine print.
    I was on hold for 20 minutes just to be told there's no refund even if I return an unopened bottle. they said to return it so there will be no future billing and they hung up on me before giving me an address.
    I told the bank too.

• La
      12th of Aug, 2009

I have not received my products either for acai or colon zen. I have two numbers for colon zen and I keep getting a disconnect sound. can someone help me with providing a number fo colon zen. i have 1-866-635-6069 or 1-866-949-0138

• Up
      24th of Aug, 2009

I agree with all the above statements, they're scam artists, run, don't go near that site, I did not receive my orders till after the 2 week period, and then they added an additional bottle that cost $49.95, plus $82, and $84 for acai berry detox, and colon zen. so I'm being charged over $280, talked to credit card holder and was infored I needed to send all 3 back with delivery confirmation, and signature confirmation, so theycould try and help me get the charges removed, cost me over $15, got nothing to keep, also had to close that credit card account so they can't keep charging me, its a NIGHTMARE !!

• La
      1st of Sep, 2009

I agree. I called my credit card company and they told me to attempt to deal with them directly and I did. I called the company with the number that is listed on the credit card listing and waited a while till someone answered. We talked about the order for 14 day trial and I was told that that was the original order but I repeat that "I" upped that to the 30 day supply. I did NO such thing and when I told them that and began to get upset they faked a bad connection and dropped me. Now according to the credit card company I will have to fight the charge and possibaly waite for as long as 3 months for any out come.

There was nothing on the web site that said they were going to send you a 30 day supply and wait for you to call and cancle. So when I tried to call for information the wait was too long and they kept directing me to another web site to place an order. When I did not follow through I received calls from them for 2 days, I called the number back and they offered me "THE SAME 14 DAY DEAL" for 99 cents delivery, so I agreed. Before I received the product they kept calling to see if I wanted to increase the order, I DECLINED - they sent me a 30 day supply and charged me. If there is small print like another person said - then I am screwed!!! I am going to follow through with this with the credit card company I hope they will help. How do we fight back?!?!?!?!?
    I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!!!

• Hb
      10th of Sep, 2009

Crooks ... no doubt as they tried a variation of the scam on me too. I'm waiting for checks to bounce and then I'm toast. Btw... if you allowed the postage to be withdrawn from your checking... your bank will give you 10000 reasons why they will not stop the draw.. lovely right? Maybe they are kicking back to the banks?

I suggest you go to your state league of women voters and find the list of your representatives, legislators and congressmen to email complaints as well as the better business bureau.

This... is how you get the owners of this company noticed... unless they are kicking back $ like the banking industry. I doubt it, as they appear to be unchecked in their theft and the process of stealing from people.

Good luck..

• Si
      12th of Oct, 2009

I totally agreed, it is a scam. they charged me a total of $79.95 x2 and 3.95 x2. I was able to dispute the charges with my credit card company. they send me another 2 bottles recently from the mail and when I questioned about that, they said the same thing that they are sending me in 15 days if I don't call to cancel the membership...can't believe people do business like this!

• Wo
      5th of Nov, 2009

I ordered ColonZen and received a bottle called Colon Cleanse. It was supposed to be a free sample & all I had to pay was 99 cents for postage, which was charged to my debit card. My bank's credit fraud dept. called me about 3 days later because I had 4 additional charges on my account... three to paypal for charges that totalled over $400 plus another $10 charge for charity. I had to close out that debit card, etc. Quite a mess. Wish I'd read these comments first. I found the Colon Zen thru a news link discussing colonoscopies.

17th of Nov, 2009

Here is a company (Eagle Web Assets) promoting this Colon Zen scam (see their Twitter page for proof):

ColonZen (Coupon) is our top converting colon offer on the network now! Be sure to use the coupon code on your LP to increase conversions. 5:33 PM Nov 16th from Twidget

Company promoting this scam is:

Eagle Web Assets Inc.