Colon Med 700 / fraud/cancel problems

Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:
3.9
I signed up for a 10 day trial and soon found my credit card was receiving automatic charges for a 2-month supply ($88.97). I attempted to cancel via e-mail and despite asking for confirmation, I never got it. I tried two separate phone numbers:
[protected] and [protected]. Both put me on hold upwards of one hour and then I got disconnected. I had to pursue a charge dispute through my credit card to get them to block future charges. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
Pt

Comments

Co
  8th of Dec, 2008
Order a trial sample of the ColonMed 700 and now they are sending two bottles and requesting $88.97 and the information they sent to cancel doesn't work. The phone always has a busy signal and the website doesn't work either.
Ca
  12th of Dec, 2008
I got the free product and never ordered any more, or autherize them to take any additional money from my banl account but they took an additional amount of $88.97 on 12-08-08, and now my bank says that since my card is a debit-visa card they can't even put a stop-payment on the account so thic Co.can't be stopped from taking more money from this account.Do you know how I can stop this and get the money back that they have already taken from me?Ihave tried to call them but get no one to talk to about this. PLEASE HELP ME.
Li
  15th of Dec, 2008
this is a fraud. I am suppose to have 15 days to accepot or cancel after receipt of the trial offer. I was charged the full price ecless than a week after I received the trial and sent another month of pills then. I was charged the trial amt $4.99 almost a m onth before I ever received it. I called the credit card company and found out others have had the same complaint and the chg $88.97 is put into protest. These people should be shut down, there is no way to contact them. I have sent them an email with no response.
  18th of Dec, 2008
I purchased a free trail offer of this product and attempted to cancel but received no response. When the transaction billed to my account the company refused to credit back the charge. The representative was also very rude when I had to call after they did not respond to my emails. The website does not work to contact them either and when the instructions say you can cancel via email or online there is no email address listed and the special cancel website address is also no where to be found. My advise do not order this product cause if it were really backed by ABC, Oprah and others it would be a legitimate business.
Mm
  19th of Dec, 2008
you could close your debit account and they will issue you another card!
I would call the bank now, asap ask for a new card .
This happened to my mom yesterday. our bank is issuing her a new card, as of today!!
Like i told mom next time go to the GMC store
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Do
  22nd of Dec, 2008
I, too have been a victim of this scam. This company offers a free sample with the instructions that you must cancel within 15 days or they will send additional bottles and charge your account.
The problem is that they don't answer the phone - you either get a busy signal or it answers with music and no one ever comes on the line.
I did get one e-mail response that said since I didn't abide by the terms and conditions of cancelling within 15 days (it's not possible if they don't answer the phone) that they chargs my card for a "regular shipment" of $89.95. Since I also ordered a free sample on another charge card, I got charged twice!
You can't return them because they tell you their employees are instructed not to accept a return that does not have a return authorization number and you can't get a number if you can't reach them.
Someone need to step in and stop this company
Ch
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I did not order this product, they have deducted $88.97 from my debit card which was not authorized. I got the free bottle and paid the shipping but that is all I wanted. I did not authorize anyone to use my card or number and I did not give them authorization to keep sending me something that clearly does not work and is clearly a scam. Thesee people need to be stopped and prosecuted to the highest degree for praying on people.
An
  26th of Dec, 2008
I have tried for 2 days to get in touch with them with e-mail and telephone. This company is a scam. I had to cancel my charge card. Did anyone get there money back?
Ju
  27th of Dec, 2008
This company is a fraud, making money with the enticement of a "free trial", then they charge your credit or debit card with a month's worth of meds to the tune of $88.97, and claim you agreed to it by not canceling your membership within 15 days. If you have used a debit card there is no way to block the charge on your card except by closing your account. Others say you can't even successfully cancel because the website doesn't work. I used it to cancel, and "supposedly" according to the automatic respond, it was canceled, but I don't trust it, I am closing down the account. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE,
They are not reputable, unfortunately for some of us, it is to little to late...
Ha
  29th of Dec, 2008
i agree with everyone you canot get a person to talk to
St
  29th of Dec, 2008
They offer a "free sample" of 14 days worth of the product. they only send you a 7 day supply. When you try the website to cancel the order, it doesn't work. When you try to call them, they do not answer the phone. You either get a busy signal or they put you on hold and do not return to the phone. They charge your account $88.97 before the 14 days "free trial is up. The only way to stop them is to call your bank, institute an investigation and cancel your debit card. If you finally do get to talk to them, after waiting on hold for over 30 minutes, they hang up on you. If you send them an e-mail, they respond that you did not abide by their return policy, which is impossible to follow. This is a true scam and should be stopped.
Pa
  2nd of Jan, 2009
There has been 3 unauthorized debit deductions from my checking account
on this product. I have been unable to reach anyone from the company to
cancel this order. This company and product is a SCAM!!
So
  5th of Jan, 2009
i have cancel this order after i found out about the scam. i was charged 88.97 . is there anyone out there who knows how to get a refund . 9729536178 or rolensonia@sbcglobal.net

thanks please
Up
  7th of Jan, 2009
DO NOT FALL FOR THEM!!! Even though you may be able to get to it from Oprah's page, do not order. The second the 15 day trial is up they automatically charge you $88. Don't use this. It didn't even work for me, nothing changed. I have sent numerous emails asking for a refund they have sent back rude emails, stating that they can not do that. Please do not let this company continue. Just don't purchase from them!
Ro
  9th of Jan, 2009
I have tried to get my refund back for these people on a number times from them and i keep getting the run around, and i as well did not order the product. what can we do to stop them and get our money back. roxanna tinsman
Je
  13th of Jan, 2009
Do not use this co. I had the same problem.They start billing your credit card without your permission.I was charged $88.97 for a 2 month supply and was inrolled in there program with charges of $88.97 every two months without my constent.I went on line and cancelled my account with them that they set up on there website.It is on the receipt that the order comes with.Then I called my credit card co. and filed a disput complaint against them.I also emailed their co. and informed them that I filed a dispute against them and they offered to cut my charges in half and I told them that I expect a full refund being that I shipped their product back to them the same day I received it.I also told them that their co. is a scam and to stop screwing with me or I will contact my lawyer.Please people do not buy from this co. Colon Med 700.The product does not work anyway.It is just Marketing Bull Crap!!!
Ho
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I fell for the same thing. I bought the free sample and and just paid for the shipping and handling... Next thing I know I keep getting more bottles and bottles... and I knew they were not coming free...so I went to my bank and checked my debit card account... they had charged my account for 88.97 dollars... so I blocked them from getting back into my account. I called them for the second time to tell them not to send anymore bottles. They said that I should have read the terms and conditions... so this evening I went to their web site, colon med 700, and acted as if I was going to sign up for a free trial, and guess what, the "Agree to terms and conditions" was alread checked as if I had read them...very sneeky.. by the way... their pills upset the sh_t out of my stomack...
Me
  13th of Jan, 2009
How do you block them from your account they have so many names
Lu
  15th of Jan, 2009
This product had no immediate effects - and no impact at all after two weeks.
don't use or buy.
Today I find they have charged 88.97 for two bottles and have sent THREE packages - what is going on here?
Jan 5, Jan 6 and Jan 6 - this MUST BE STOPPED.
Ju
  16th of Jan, 2009
I ordered the colon med clranser. I did not like it. I cancelled within the 15 day period trial. I as extremelly suprised to receive not one but 2 pckageds within 4 days apart. I called. They assured me that the will credit my credit card. But that did not happen. They charged $88.97 . I refused both packages. But I still have no money. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau in Glendale, and this company has 87 complaint on files. I am calking Dept, of Consummer .