colon cleanse 3000 / scam

1 Scottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-292-6685

Colon Cleanse 3000 located in Arizona offers a deceptive "free trial period" that is a nothing short of a scam. It does not tell you until you are checking out and entering your credit card information for the shipping and handling that if you don't cancel within 14 days you will be charged the full price of $83.95. The website is set up so that the information is down far enough, so one does not see the fine print of the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" portion of the ad. There is NO email confirmation. NO receipt sent to your email. NO receipt with the package. One is billed$4.95 initially. The bottle of Colon Cleanse 3000 takes 10 days to reach destination. There is no free trial information with the package, no return instruction, no phone number. There is no way to cancel your "subscription" with the company if one misses the fine print on the website. Then your bank account gets hit with $83.95 from a company in United Kingdom, your bank statement will read FastFlush-support.com If you go to this website you will find out the legal name is Electric Flower Media Ltd. The phone number advertised on the website is of course disconnected. If you manage to get the customer service from coloncleanse3000.com website, you will find yourself talking to an argumentative and rude person. Reading the fine print, one realizes that the company is located in Charleston, Nevis, East Caribbean.

If you have been a victim of this scam, contact immediately your credit card issuer, file a formal complaint and ask for the charges to be reversed based on the fact that credit card billing merchant agreement stipulates that valid phone, return address and paper trail must be provided by the merchant. File a fraud complaint at:
http://www.revenue.state.az.us/ and contact the FBI fraud office in Arizona at [protected]

Ds

Comments

• Ds
      17th of Jul, 2009

My wife had the same problem, this is deceptive advertising, perhaps we should start a class action toward this fraud set-up. Anybody interested in building a list of people victimized so we can do something about it?

• Cr
      18th of Jul, 2009

This company is NOT in Arizona. They use a proxy domain registrar in Arizona--a company that allows them to register their Internet domain privately and without disclosing the company's address, principal owners, or contact information in public as required with most commercial domain registrations. The company they register through is as follows:
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DETOX-CLEANSE.COM
    Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration DETOX-CLEANSE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Colon-cleanse 3000 is actually operating from an island in the Caribbean called Nevis in a town called Charlestown in the Island Federation of Saint Kitt and Nevis. Their information is purported from their main homepage to be:
    Colon-cleanse 3000
    Customer Support: (888) 895-1159
    Offices at: PO BOX 642, Main Street, Charlestown, Nevis, East Caribbean

First, I would report the credit card that was used for the initial payment as lost, or simply cancel it. A "Lost" card report will treat subsequent transactions as potential fraud perpetrated by the finder, so be careful if you have legitimate charges pending against it. Contact those payees and make other payment arrangements with them once you block the card you used.

Next, contact the Colon-cleanse 3000 company at the phone number they provide. If you don't get through, you still practiced your due-diligence of attempting to cancel the order and you can note this in case they try to contact you for payment down the road or attempt collection against you.

Third, and almost as important as protecting your own credit, I would suggest an effective method of stopping this kind of practice would be by filing a complaint at the Federal Trade Commission at:
    You can use the option "other" as the type of complaint and explain their misleading tactics in the paragraph you are allowed to send the FTC in your complaint.

• Eb
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I'm up for a class action lawsuit! They took the money out of my account today, thank goodness my bank is giving it back to me and then going after them for the money...but this is just wrong!

• Sp
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I have a neutral comment for the moment... Just off the phone with "Jim" at the 877-292-6685 number listed above for the company. I asked to cancel my order and got NO negative feedback. Jim was friendly, verified my information and gave me a cancellation confirmation #, and said I should recieve an e-mail message also confirming the cancellation within an hour. He said no shipments were pending and no further debits from my account should take place. I'll count my chickens when they hatch, and may update the post later on. Sportsfanac.

• Kb
      27th of Jul, 2009

I am trying to contact them personally now to speak with CS rep to stop order, I have already e-mailed requesing this. As sportsfanac said will count them chickens and go from there..!!

27th of Jul, 2009

Anyone with experience with purchasing the "Trial" for .99 of Acai Berry and Life Cleanse from a company called Barry Folger's Inc., and then getting hit (after 14 days and NO SHIPMENT RECEIVED) with an UNAUTHORIZED charge of $87.13 on your credit card?! Called the company and was given a RMA # that I have to write on each bottle (if I ever receive them) and then turn around and mail back AT MY EXPENSE, and then wait for 5 days AFTER THEY RECEIVE THEM for an email saying that they will now beign to process my refund???? Will my credit card company reverse these charges for me and go after them allowing me to NOT have to go through this tedious and probably good for nothing refund policy???
    Thanks for your input!

• Ya
      27th of Jul, 2009

Just ordered with this company a few minutes ago. I will try to cancel the order tomorrow. I was not aware of this scam util reading comments by people who were ripped-off. Thanks for this vital information. I am in favor of a class action lawsuit. Just tell me where to start. Plan to follow up with the cancellation procedure by calling the customer service number. I will see what happen and follow-up with my results.

• To
      30th of Jul, 2009

I'm not a customer of this company, but I do know for a fact that they're forwarding a number of their ''cancellation' calls to my coworker's phone. I've been trying to speak with a manager for over a week (to get them to stop forwarding their phone calls) now and they can't seem to figure out how to call me back.

It says something about a company that forwards their unhappy customers elsewhere.

Real suspicious...no?

• Je
      31st of Jul, 2009

I too have just found out I have been scammed and was told I would not get my money back. The customer service rep was rude as well as her supervisor.

• Gm
      11th of Aug, 2009

I tried to order just the 14 day trial supply. After I had put in my information, it took me to a full sized page that made a buy 2 get 2 free bottles offer. I'm not real good using computers, but, I didn't see any place to click on that page to go past it or get out of it, so I entered it thinking I could change it when I got to an order review. Didn't happen that way...it ended up placing an order for that. I still thought that I could cancel the order at any time. I was sure thats what I read on the add. Not so..when I called customer service a few days later and spoke with a male named Brandon, I was advised that offer is only for the free trial size. I was stuck with $127 charge to my credit card which they immediately charged to my account. He refused to let me speak to a manager, kept telling me he was a Captian. So now I'm stuck with this stuff, I don't even know if it works or not. I was told at first that I should receive it on the following Monday which would have been 08/03/09. When I called the first time, on 08/06/09, which was a Thursday I was told it should be here no later than Monday. Today is 08/11/09 Tuesday, I still don't have any product. I just got off the phone with a male named Andre who seemed suprized that I hadn't gotten anything yet, but, that he would have his manager check on it as soon as they got back in the room. We'll see. He said I'm still stuck with the charge. Nothing I can do. If anyone has any ideas I'd sure like to hear them.

• Gm
      11th of Aug, 2009

Forgot to mention that whatever kind of suit anyone wants to file, I'm in. It really irritates me that they can take advatage of people like this. I really feel like an idiot for falling for it and not researching it any further than I did. I don't know about the rest of you, but $127 is a lot of money for me to spend for something that I didn't realize I was getting to begin with. I thought I was buying a trial offer. The customer service people were no help and I can't believe that this so called company can continue to sell this stuff. They even have the product connected to people like Oprah, MSNBC, Katie Couric and several others. I wonder if they even have permission to use those names.

• To
      17th of Aug, 2009

They send more product without autherization
    I DO NOT want any more of their prducts

• Co
      18th of Aug, 2009

I WAS ALSO SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE AND WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW HOW WE CAN GET OUR MONEY BACK! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS AT THE NUMBER TO CALL ARE EXTREMELY RUDE AND DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEM. TWICE THEY JUST HUNG UP ON ME, INSTEAD OF HELPING ME HANDLE THIS SITUATION. I AM EXTREMELY UPSET ABOUT THIS AND DO NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY TO THROW OUT THE WINDOW. I REALLY WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO GET REIMBURSED FOR ALL WERE OUT.

• Ay
      21st of Aug, 2009

Please keep me informed if there is a class action lawsuit. I placed the order and did not even receive the product for 15 days. There was absolutely no way to "test" the product before I was charged the full amount.

• Ri
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I almost bit on this "miracle" but was recently scammed by another "miracle" I saw on TV. Anyone seen the Dr. Frank's pain relieving oral spray commercials on TV. Well, my son has a painful medical condition that keeps him in pain most of the time and when I saw this ad and it was only $29.95 for a months supply, I ordered it. What the fine print doesn't tell you is that when you buy it one time, you are actually going to pay $29.95 each and every month until eternity for the privelidge of re-ordering more of Dr. Frank's snake oil. The company name on my credit card turned out to be a boiler room sales outfit with no telephone number. When I emailed this outfit to cancel my "subscription", I received a standard we can't do that email. I contacted my credit card company and they said they could not ban them from charging my card monthly! Tto make this story shorter, I eventually had to kill my card and get tre-issued a new one. I will NEVER EVER buy anything on TV or inernet ads unless I have done business with them before.

• Li
      27th of Aug, 2009
    colon cleanse 3000 - computer charge several times $4.95
    Colon Cleanse 3000
    909 Baker Rd
    Westlake
    Louisiana
    Phone: 337 5400834

I wanted to try the free trial of Colon cleanse 3000 and the Acai Berry. It had me put my credit card for $4.95 and it kept freezing up saying it had a problem. I continued to reenter and it ended up charging for everytime I tried to get it to go through.. My acct. has been charged 5 times for the shipping on the cleanse and the berry pills. I am out about $40.

• Ry
      31st of Aug, 2009

I called the colon cleanse 3000 line and after waiting for more than 20 mins, someone answered the line. So I only received the item after 14 days that I had placed the order and the response was, 'We are not responsible for late delivery and therefore you have to pay the first full amount for $83++'. However, he proceeded to cancel my order so that I will not be charged MONTHLY. I requested to talk to the manager and he got rather edgy after I mentioned that this is such an internet scam. He offered to refund me back $62 or I can choose to take it up with my credit card.

• Re
      1st of Sep, 2009

They are committing fraud and using a branch of the Federal Government to carry out their scheme...the USPS. Read below how I can prove it.

Add me to the growing list that didn't read the tiny "TERMS" link at the bottom of the web page the day I placed my orders. Shame on this company for sneaky, deceptive marketing/advertising and shipping practices.

This is how their scheme works, or so it seems.

When they take your order, they request a shipping label from the USPS that day, so your shipping label has your order date on it along with a Delivery Confirmation number provided by the USPS. And you are charged the S/H price right away (and an over seas fee too, by some banks and credit cards.) Then when they ACTUALLY ship the product (14 days later) that's when they process the full charge for the product.
    Have any of you actually looked up the Delivery Confirmation number that was on your shipping label? Compare the dates of your charges to the dates on the Delivery Confirmation.
    I think this outfit needs to be investigated by the FEDS!
    I sent my BBB complaint to Scottsdale, AZ because that's the location that shipped the product. HOWEVER, that BBB office forwarded my complaint to the the FL location because that's the one that handles companies out of the Carribean, which is where this company's home base is located. They just ship from multiple locations throughout the US.
    I also posted my complaint on the /link removed/ web site, where there are also lots of similar complaints.

I sure hope a class action suite is started and I want to be included in it. This outfit is robbing rent money and we need to stop them.

I will be contacting the Federal Trade Commission as suggested above by user "Credit Unions Rock". Thanks for the info!

• Ju
      5th of Sep, 2009
    colon cleanse 3000 - no refund
    colon cleanse 3000
    Spring Hill
    Florida

I tried the free trial however they did charge my account. Then in a couple of weeks they sent me a new box that I returned for a credit to my account. I also called the 800 number (on hold for 20 mins then the phone hung up) and e mail support (no reply) and ever received an answer or credit to my account now I'm out of $87.00 and they still have my account number I hope there are no more charges. I want my money back.

• Sk
      7th of Sep, 2009

I ordered Colon Clease based on a free trial, just pay $4.99 for shipping. I did not see anything that said I had a certain time period to cancel or I would be charge monthly. I looked. Either way, the first month I received another bottle and called the company. I explained to them that I didnt want the product. They said that I didnt cancel in the allotted time. I sucked it up, my mistake (I guess) and told the representative that I wanted to cancel. He tried to offer me a discounted rate (still expensive-$75/month) and I siad no please cancel. He said he cancelled and gave me a confirmation number. The next month there was a charge on my Visa (no product received). I called and they told me it would be adjusted. Long story short, several months go by, several charges to my card, no product, several phone calls to the company and I finally contact my credit card company and enter a dispute. They tell me that they have been having a lot of problems with this company and they fought the charges for me. I would love to be part of a class action suit. This has been a big pain inthe neck.