colon cleanse 3000 / Fraudulent Practices (free=$133.95)

1 Bainbridge Island, WA, United States Review updated:

To Whom it May Concern:

I purchased a "free" trial of Colon Cleanse 3000. The only cost to me was in shipping fees. Or so they said. I received the product in a box with no other information - no "terms" no payment forms, no envelopes. I did not see any caveats on the site where I purchased it...I thought I was giving them my credit card info for shipping costs only.

I never used the product, in fact I still have the sealed bottle. I ran the ingredient list past a naturopathic physician who told me that the product would make me rather sick and that the process it used would be very uncomfortable, if not painful. She suggested that I do not use it for my safety.

Yesterday, I received a collection letter in the mail, dated March 3, 2010, stating that the provider of these "free" pills wants $133.95 in late fees since I "kept" the "free" bottle, which was they claimed not really a free sample as stated but rather of 14 day free trial. I was supposed to contact them within 14 days and then return the bottle with unused pills within 30 days of their shipping it to me in the first place.

THIS INFORMATION WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO ME WHEN I SIGHED UP FOR THIS "Free Sample". I called their "customer service" department at [protected] to find out what this was all about. This is where it gets ugly. The "gentleman" on the phone claimed it was not his problem but rather "my problem" that I didn't know about their policy. They would not accept the sealed bottle back - instead he said - "pay now or I will send you to a more aggressive collection agency and ruin your credit". He did not care that their practices are fraudulent or that I was advised by a medical professional NOT to take it!

PLEASE - DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SCAM - they are contemptible. As for their collection efforts...bring it on, baby. I AM NOT PAYING!!! (luckily the bank I had the credit card through was one of those that failed and that card was cancelled - otherwise I'm certain they'd have stolen from me directly rather using the threatening letter and collection agency method they are using to steal from me now.

The Letter I received has the following company information it:

Healthy Online Services
7904 E. Chaparral Rd. #A110-146
Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Sincerely,
Debbie Hulbert
Bainbridge Island, WA

Comments

• Gb
      21st of Mar, 2010

I experienced the exact same situation! My "collection" letter is dated March 9, 2010. My credit card had expired, so the company was unable to process their "fees". My inclination is to ignore the letter. What would this do to my credit rating? Can they REALLY force me to pay the $133.95 when this letter is the first I have heard of payments being owed??? I also never used the product...

• Pi
      26th of Mar, 2010

I experienced the exact same situation! My "collection" letter is dated March 24 2010. My credit cards have been cancelled, so the company was unable to process their "fees". I called and they agreed to take of the late fee's on the account. I never even got the first shipment that was ordered Aug 13th 2009. I called to discuss this and was told it was my responsibility to contact them to cancel something I never got. My inclination is to ignore the letter and when doing research on this online, SCAM is written all over the internet about Colon Cleanse. This letter is the first I have heard of payments being owed??? I also never used the product...

• Wo
      28th of Mar, 2010

I received the same letter on the 24 of March. I called and canceled but then there was no mention of also returning the product, this was last year. I have the same fee payment.

• Wo
      28th of Mar, 2010

I never used it either, i threw it away because it was not fda approved. gah... I'm a bit wound up.