colon cleanse 3000 / false advertising/bait & switch

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

This company offers a "free trial period" that is false advertising. It does not tell you until you are checking out and entering your credit card information for the shipping and handling that if you don't cancel within 14 days you will be charged the full price of $88.90. The website is set up so that portion is down far enough, so if you don't see to scroll down like I didn't that you don't see the fine print of the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" portion of the ad. Once you've placed your order you do not get an email conformation or anything like that. I just looked for the $4.95 charge on my account initially. The bottle of Colon Cleanse 3000 did not show up until the 10th day of the so called free trial. There was no information with the package...just the bottle of product. I had no way of knowing that I needed to cancel my "subscription" with the company since I missed the fine print on the website. I saw the remaining charge on my checking account today...which is when I called to find out what it is for. The customer service rep treated me like I was ignorant for not seeing the fine print and was no help. I have no doubt that they deal with this kind of complaint everyday. They had no answer to the fact that I only had 4 days to try out the product to see if it worked or not...I haven't even tried it. When I called customer service the line cut in and out the whole time I was on the phone with them. It made it impossible to have an understandable conversation. I have a nasty feeling this is intentional. I am embarrassed by my stupidity...I hope more people do their research before buying this scam of a product! What an unethical company! Sincerely, Elizabeth

Comments

• Vw
      15th of Jul, 2009

Oh you have no idea how mad I am at this whole situation. "Colon Cleanse 3000" is a TOTAL RIP OFF. This so-called charge through my bank account shows "Bodyfast-Support.com" with a phone number 1-877-487-4519. The telephone number is disconnected and when you pull up the website there is an 1-800# that is also disconnected. When calling "Colon Cleanse 3000" they play dumb and say they don't know who they are. They refused to give a refund since I explained I did not authorize this transaction. After talking professionally with a "customer service representative", just like your situation the phone kept cutting out..he kept saying "...are you still there...I can't hear you..." Makes me so furious then I demanded to speak with a supervisor and after being told that his supervisor didn't have time to speak with me I said that I was going to the authorities, the media and paste it all over the internet then he "allowed" me to speak with "Vin, Agent #33". He claims to have no knowledge of "Bodyfast-Support" and unsure why it is appearing on my credit card statement like that which he did verify the $83.95 was the correct charge. I argued the fact that they are not up front about this "charge" and I stated then I wanted nothing to do with their company and I had to cancel my bank card just so they won't charge again which he said they would next month. Oh my gosh I am boiling mad. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!!! I can't believe Oprah endorses them, I bet now she wishes she never did.

• Fo
      17th of Jul, 2009

I have to agree with everything posted here. These people are ### and should not be trusted.

• At
      17th of Jul, 2009

I JUST HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME!
    This is a total scam! I too had to go to my bank and cancel my account to hopefully clear my information. I am mad at myself for falling for such a scam yet at the same time, what has our world come too. It is sad that people need to cheat others out of their hard earned money. I am so pissed off that I wish there was more I could do. I am sure you all agree, you just want your money back!

• Cr
      18th of Jul, 2009

This company is NOT in Arizona. They use a proxy domain registrar in Arizona--a company that allows them to register their Internet domain privately and without disclosing the company's address, principal owners, or contact information in public as required with most commercial domain registrations. The company they register through is as follows:
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DETOX-CLEANSE.COM
    Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration DETOX-CLEANSE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Colon-cleanse 3000 is actually operating from an island in the Caribbean called Nevis in a town called Charlestown in the Island Federation of Saint Kitt and Nevis. Their information is purported from their main homepage to be:
    Colon-cleanse 3000
    Customer Support: (888) 895-1159
    Offices at: PO BOX 642, Main Street, Charlestown, Nevis, East Caribbean

First, I would report the credit card that was used for the initial payment as lost, or simply cancel it. A "Lost" card report will treat subsequent transactions as potential fraud perpetrated by the finder, so be careful if you have legitimate charges pending against it. Contact those payees and make other payment arrangements with them once you block the card you used.

Next, contact the Colon-cleanse 3000 company at the phone number they provide. If you don't get through, you still practiced your due-diligence of attempting to cancel the order and you can note this in case they try to contact you for payment down the road or attempt collection against you.

Third, and almost as important as protecting your own credit, I would suggest an effective method of stopping this kind of practice would be by filing a complaint at the Federal Trade Commission at:
    You can use the option "other" as the type of complaint and explain their misleading tactics in the paragraph you are allowed to send the FTC in your complaint.

• Sh
      21st of Jul, 2009

I ran into the same situation. I was surprised to see a $85 charge on my credit card bill. Called the company, waited for a long time to reach someone and he said that it was because my 14-day trial period is over and I did not even know about the trail period. Then they said that I have to ship back the trial bottle, out of my own pocket of course, which I don't mind if I knew about the original agreement to start with. They are very tricky and it is borderline fraud. Now I'm just upset and don't even care whether this product really works. For a company to be so dishonest, I doubt their products can be good. DO NOT BUY FROM BERRY BREEZE!

• Dy
      12th of Aug, 2009

Thank you so much for that info.. I have almost pulled all my hair out trying to get through to someone at that company and also the company for resveratrol. Big ripoffs!!! I also lodged a complaint with the better business bureau.

16th of Sep, 2009

Hey if anyone has any ideas of what we can do to shut these scammers/theifs down please email me at vbutterfly746@hotmail.com . Be sure and put 3000 on the subject line.

Thanks, vanessa.

• Wi
      13th of Oct, 2009

Totally agree with everyone that has been ripped off. There is no satisfaction with this product besides the fact that it doesn't work either just ripping people off for the $90.+ They can get from peoples accounts. I truely believe that what goes around comes around and they will get what is coming to them all for being part of this scam. I wish all of them rot under what comes out of peoples colons!!!

Their children will be victims of scams someday let's see how they feel then. They are low life's for treating people like we are ignorant by believing in their product and good faith of which they have none.