Colnx/Acai Advanced/Lean for Lifeunauthorized orders and charges

1 Review updated:

I have also fallen for the "free trial" offered through Acai Advanced which is linked with 2 other companies, Colnx, and Live Lean for Life. I was charged $180 for products and services I did not receive and unsucessfully tried to cancel before the trial period passed. Unfortunately I paid with my debit card so I am fighting this issue after losing the money. One service, Live Lean for Life, is an online support service I was unaware I had ordered at the time I sent for the "free trial" from Acai Advanced. Although they state in their terms and conditions, in legal jargon they are ordered together. My first telephone contact was with Colnx.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Albuquerque, NMI should have been tipped off this was a scam, when I spoke with a rude customer "care" representative. I later concluded her manner was so abrupt because I am sure after reading similar complaints that her daily consumer contacts must be quite disturbing. Each of these offerings had similar wording, but I was not aware I was also enrolling in an "optional" weight loss support program I never accessed nor desired. Each product is offered through different companies and yet they claim no joint affiliation. But they are rewarded by a triple scam play. They have no supervisors available, no contact information to seek redress, and immediately offer a way to get a "partial refund" but shipping is paid by the consumer, both ways.

Comments

Aug 30, 2009

I'm so pissed off. They have charged me before the 14day trial was up.

• Sc
      Sep 09, 2009

These people are rude...they scam you. I thought I was NOT going to be scammed b/c I bought the products through the same website...so I thought. Customer service rep called to confirm for Acai berry and gave me a number for both the berry and colnx. I did call and cancel. However, on 9/8/09, I was charged $89.89. Will never get that money back. So, beware and don't think you are smarter than these people. Come to find out, there are two different numbers b/c products are not affiliated with each other( even though websites recommend both in combination...ha ha ha). They're laughing all the way to the bank. Then when you call, you can't cancel after the trial period. So, now I have to cancel my debit card and order another one. By the way, product s do not work, either.

Sep 09, 2009

These people should be reported to the BBB and at the same time should be liable for any damages that they have dealt to innocent people.

I have been plagued by Acai berry offers through my Instant Messengers as well as through e-mails. But again, some of us are not fortunate enough to be informed about marketing like this. The best way is to inform people outright about companies like this and hopefully close their marketing strategies.

• Fu
      Sep 30, 2009

I was also charged 89.89 and I did not authorize this charge to my credit card. Term and conditions on this site are untrue.

I am reporting them to the BBB. ASAP.

• Wa
      Oct 07, 2009

I ALSO HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME. EXCEPT I DID CANCEL W/IN MY 14 DAYS AND THEY STATE THAT THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF MY PHONE CALL. I BET THEY HAVE RECORD OF MY 5 CALLS IN LESS THAT 30 MINUTES. THE REP. THREATENED ME, SHE STATED THAT IS I TOOK THIS ANY FURTHER THAT I WOULD NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY REFUND-I NEEDED TO FOLLOW HER STRICT INSTRUCTIONS OR NO REFUND!! I ASKED FOR A SUPV OR MANAGER AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS NOT ONE AVAILABLE...EACH PHONE CALL WAS THE SAME
    I WAS SCAMMED!!! THINK OF ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE SAME BOAT OUT OF $90 AND NO ONE TO HELP

• So
      Oct 23, 2009

I too got the "FREE TRIAL" before I read all of your complaints here. About 10 minutes after I ordered I received the official confirmation that my order was being processed. I immediatley replied to that email (with return receipt & history) and cancelled my order. I let them know that the email below was sent at 2:34 and I was cancelling at 2:31. I told them that I would use both this email as well as the return receipt as proof of my canellation for the bank. They sent me back an email telling me that if I cancelled right now I would not receive my free trial and that I should email or call the following day. Once again replied with history to their email and said that I would forfiet the 3.95 and that I would not like the trial after all. They then emailed me back saying that my canellation was received and that my bank would see no other charges. At least now if I do get another charge I have their own email to prove that they took out money without authorization. I don't think they liked all of the "legal like" talk that I gave them. So I am out 3.95 but I consider myself lucky. Thanks for all of your complaints to get me thinking.

• Dv
      Dec 12, 2009

On 11/16/09, I ordered the free bottle of Colenx as advertised by your company. The agreement was to pay for shipping and handling of $3.95. After I received the free bottle of Colenx, your company charged my ATM card $89.89 on 11/30/09. I did not sign up for any membership for this product, I wanted to try it because it was free. Not only have you taken the $3.95 from me, you have also debited my card for the $89.89. I feel like you have taken advantage of me. I will wait 5 days for you to refund my money before I file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Ro
      Jan 20, 2010

Everyone PLEASE file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to help get your refund!! www.bbb.com I just filed a claim with them, maybe if enough of us do we can get our money. I have all the information they ask for in regards to Colnx, please contact me if you need any of it. I even saved a copy of the Terms and Conditions before their website went down. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ro
      Feb 04, 2010

Does anyone know the bank there using? We can start calling them and let them know there the front for the operation. Maybe they can freeze funds.[protected]@comcast.net

• Ns
      Feb 16, 2010

SCAM---from both Acai Fit and Colnx- they refuse to return my money even though I returned the product using their RMA number.

• Ga
      Feb 22, 2010

I agree that this is a TOTAL SCAM!! Funny how you can scam people and no one seems to care that it's being done. I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but I doubt they are going to help any of us either. I tried to call the company and they told me there is no proof that they received my product back and so they will not return my money. The product does not work and no one should be able to slip in anything the automatically gets sent out to you unless you cancel in 14 days. Really? There is no way you even get the product and are able to know if you want it or not in that amount of time.