CollegeBookRenter.com / HORRIBLE Customer Service

1 Las Vegas, NV, US Review updated:

BEWARE!! If you're looking for a way to save money on college textbooks then you should definitely use CHEGG.COM instead! Collegebookrenter.com has given me on of the worst experiences ever. The confirmation email they send you when you place the order says that you can track your order if you log into your account on their website but that is completely false! I sent them 2 emails asking them for the status of my order and 3 days later I still have not gotten a response. I also tried calling their phone number but every extension says the person is unavailable and to leave a message no matter how many times or at what time you call. I guess i'll just sit here and pray that my book shows up one day.

Comments

Sep 02, 2009

Did you ever get your text book? If so, how long did it take to reach you? Also, did they at any time return your email(s) and/or phone call(s)?

• Rm
      Sep 04, 2009

I too am having the exact same issure with this site. I can not get a hold of ANYONE to check and see where my book is. I actually called my credit card this morning to disppute any and all charges associated with Collegebookrenter.com. I truly believe it is a fradulant site. I have emailed twice and tried to call at all times of the day and every time I call there os no one available and no space to leave a message. DO NO USE!

• Te
      Sep 07, 2009

I actually used them this past summer for my books and it took one day to get to my house. No Lie. The books were new and wrapped in plastic. When I called to see if they have recieved my books back I did talk to a lady who said that they were a little behind because of the fall quarter and to give them 2 to 3 weeks.

• Gr
      Sep 09, 2009

how did your dispute go? i am going through the same thing RMCozzone...1 of 3 books have arrived and i paid priority shipping. I cant get in touch with them either. They have my money, and i dont know what to do

• St
      Sep 09, 2009

I have the same experience and i don't know what to do. I think Collegebookrenter.com is a big scam. I never received the book i rented. I paid for expedited shipping and my book supposed to arrive a week ago. No one is responding to my calls or my emails. The initial confirmation email for my purchase refers to two parked domains where they earn money for clicks. It is illegal to advertise parked domain names. I am very concerned. They have my credit card on file and they can continue charging it.

• St
      Sep 09, 2009

When I placed my order they had a Facebook profile and i subscribed as a fan. Now the Collegebookrenter.com profile on Facebook has disappeared. It is deleted. Google search still has the cash of their profile. It looks like a scam.

• Kh
      Sep 11, 2009

I got through on the phones today. After it gives you the options press 3 and you will be able to talk to someone. SHe is *supposed* to track my order and email me back. I got two books but didn't receive one and she had all of the information right, so it might actually be a legit company with a lot of problems.

• At
      Sep 17, 2009
    CollegeBookRenter.com - Don't use

Just like others, I chose this site because of the price. I received the book extremely late. I have called multiple times and sent multiple emails as well and no response. I sent the book back as well as it was poorly kept. The site specificially says no handwriting and this book was full of it. So for me it looks like $50 down the drain. Chegg.com has had great customer service. I will be renting from them from now on. Lesson learned! Too bad I didn't see this site before.

• Er
      Sep 21, 2009

I have used collegebookrenter.com twice. The first time was this summer and I did receive my books but now that they are due they never sent me an email the week before like they said they would and I also received my books for Fall session but one of my classes was cancelled and I needed to return the book for that class so sent several emails and it's been about 2 1/2 weeks and still no responses. I also call every single day and just like everyone else says all the lines are unavailable and have a full voicemail. I'm out 75 dollars which is a big deal to me.

• Jb
      Sep 29, 2009

Someone needs to close them down...I am having problems with my book, I ordered my book on Wed one week, a week later I called them no answer..I got an email with a tracking number. I checked the tracking number it said no order has been shipped. Today 9/29/09 I called them and got someone, she said wait until the end of the day and if you havent received it then call back.. this was a stall trick lol!

Aug 25, 2010

i tried to rent from collegebookrenter.com they charged my account, never ordered me a book, the customer service was the most horrible service, i thought it was a joke! They finally, after 45 min. told me they didn't have the book i needed and was going to give me a refund. Why charge me when you don't even have the book?? Very fishy. Also there was no order number and no way to track my "order". DON'T RENT FROM THIS SITE!!

• Ca
      Jul 18, 2011

Never rent from College Book Renter.com I was charged for a book I never received, had to dispute it with my bank. Their customer service department never returned my calls or e-mails. Now they are charging me for an extension rental fee, now I have to dispute that charge…!! Some people do not know how to do their job!!! Use Chegg... No one ever answers the phone at college book renter.com or returns your calls...like I have time to deal with this crap...I keep having to dispute the charges with my bank..thank God I have an awesome bank that disputes it for me..