college consultants / not returning calls or email

1 2864 South CircleCO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-527-9220

They will not return phone calls or emails. My son is graduating from high school in May 2009. They have supplied places to apply for scholarships. We have made numerous attempts but no scholarships. Our time with them will run out soon and they will not return calls. We paid $1550 for two years of service. We kept our part and need assistance and now will not return our calls.
They are a BBB business too. I question have they gone out of business? I just want someone to communicate the situation before December 19. Joanne

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009

I have files a complaint with the MN State Attorney General's Office.

They sent a letter, but it was returned without forwarding. If I had a new address they would forward the letter.

The website has not been updated since April 16, 2007.

We received information for about a year and then nothing, I feel they did not keep up the agreement and a refund is due.

I also wrote to the Colorado Springs City Attorney Office and got NO Response.

• Ta
      20th of May, 2009

I to have spent over 1000 dollars and I have not been able to contact anyone I want my money back who's going to give it back to me.

• Ta
      20th of May, 2009

I to have tried to contact them the number is an none working number and money has been coming out my account for at least 15 months at first we were getting information then it stop with warning. I called them an nothing. I would like to have my money back from whom ever is responsible this scam .

12th of Jun, 2009
    college consultants - no help obtained as promised
    Maria Chavez
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    marychavezpersonal@gmail.com

I paid 1800.00 dlls to this company to help my twin daughters with financial aid applications. they simply don's answer and have not contacted us at all.

• Ar
      12th of Jun, 2009

What is the name of the company? You didn't specify.
    How did you pay $1, 800.00? Check? Money Order? Credit Card? If you paid cash, you'll never be able to track it. Even worse, if you didn't get a receipt, you'll never be able to get reimbursement for it. You might check your tax preparer's office to see if there is some way you can count it as a loss, but that's a stretch.

The best thing to do for financial aid assistance is go to the FAFSA.com website and click their links for assistance. That way you can have a way to track it back. Sorry to hear about your loss... I hope you'll give the business name so I can research it.