COLLECTIVE POS - woodbridge base creditcard processing company / Wrongful charges, not providing services with 30days results chargeback on the account

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

These message for all businesses who use creditcard processing services, please be careful with COLLECTIVE POS Canadian base creditcard processing company.

They just access your bank account and charge unreasonable.

Sa

Comments

• Mi
      1st of Apr, 2009

My experience with collective pos was horrible. They promise savings then steal lots of money from your bank account when you try and cancel service with legitamate complaints thay charge you a 500 dollar cancelation fee.
    BEWARE CROOKS

### COLLECTIVE POS

DONT USE COLLECTVE POS

1st of Apr, 2009

I do not recomend these crooks they want to steal your hard earned money! i probably lost close to $2500 in 3 months with this company!

1st of Apr, 2009

Dont use colective pos for your visa and mastercard terminal

• Xo
      9th of Apr, 2009

This company is really out for your hard earned money and customer service is crap.

The only service I got from them was to process transactions with embedded service amounts which they had never discussed with us and when we requested to had it removed, they charged us for more for administration fee (for what? for reversing the amount they wrongfully took) and when we tried to cnacel their service, they indeed charge you a 500 dollar cancelation fee.

The best $500 worth of service received ever from them... the prize you pay finally getting away from WORST & crappy services provided by them, keeping your sanity intact and keeping your blood level to a norm.

Beware when planning to enter a business relationship with them.

XO

17th of Apr, 2009

COMPLAINS RELATED TO COLLECTIVE POS DAY TO DAY RUNNING OPERATIONS -

You guys make false promise, and over 30 days happen because your company cannot provide within 30days time period.

You company should be Shut down from the constumer board, as we have ask 20 or 30 unclose transaction, which is not been process by your machine, your staff member keep it more than 30 days and went on maternity leave, being follow up on those transaction, one responsible person admitted your company fault and try to get information from your parent company. As your company is a middle company and another company do your processing for you.

As delay happen from your staff and you(Michael M. and other level BLAMES ON THE CUSTOMER...if you think you are responsible company. Should honor your SALES REP. John Sbrollra committment, not offering changes to original Contract and Ask the Customer to Modify.

As your Rep. admit that your company wants to make more money, if Customer is doing less business, you will penalised Customer with all additional cost without informing the customer. SHAME ON YOU GUYS... I wish somebody will teach you guys lesson!

As your Management Staff is not honest people. Hope GOD will do something with your company.

Just waiting to see the GOD time!

6th of May, 2009

It is horrible company.
    They took the money as much as they want from the pre-authorized debit account.
    Recently I stopped to use their service which I have contracted 4 years ago for 3 year.
    They took the money $525 from my bank account.
    I found the same day on the internet and rejected the transaction. They failed to steal the money.

Last November in 2008 the machine was out of order and I received another used same machine.
    Before I returned the broken machine, in December they took the money of $99 already for the " un-returned machine" they said.
    I requested the money back, they won't do that.

What kind of people they are?

We need investigatin the fraud company.

8th of May, 2009

Please leave the fraud cases of CollectivePOS at
    www.AntiCollectivePos.ca

8th of May, 2009

Correction
    Leave the fraud cases of CollectivePOS at http://AntiCollectivePOS.ca

9th of May, 2009

Fraud report
    at Ontario Provincial Police

9th of May, 2009

CollectivePos is the sales rep of US company Heartland Payment

• Bo
      17th of Jun, 2009

The government should go after these guys - they are scammers i worked there and i know first hand. It should be shut down. I sold several terminals for them and they never paid me. The clients i sold them to wanted to kill me as they got scammed and overcharged. They are crooks and dont care. This processor is a scam. watch out - run away if you see them coming. The sales people are not to blame = they hire you promise you big bucks and tell you lies about the rates and charges - then you find out your customers get over charged and if you try to stick up for your customers you get forced out. very high employee turnover. by the time you figure out there crooks they want you gone. Be aware - merchants and sales people avoid this mess.

They are stealing money from merchants and getting sales people to work for nothing. I dont know how this can be going on in a country like this that has laws. The government should shut them down.
    They make make the whole industry look bad -- there are great honest companys out there with honest reps and they make it hard for them to be trusted.

• Th
      29th of Jun, 2009

I could just kick myself in the head for not reading this first!Everything that's been complaint about is true. They took first and last month of terminal rent up front from my account(i was never told about that) then on the first of the next month(15 days later) they took another month rent, so now within only 15 days they had taken nearly $120 already.Then I told the rep that I did not like the way the settlement looked, everything was messed up and it took me a long time to sort things out and he said that I have to go to their website and print out my report, he failed to mention that this did not include interac.But he also said that if iI did not like the service I could cancel it.BULL!After I cancelled it and sent the POS machine back(registered $ 20.00) to the adress that was on the box it came in they sent it back saying I had to sent it to the states.After that I received the request for the infamous $500 cancellation fee.Do I really have a choice not paying it or am I better off to pay it and get rid of the problem?

• Po
      20th of Jul, 2009

As a rep in the industry, I had experience with this entity as dishonest. I am still short earnings for the one sale I did for them. I have replaced them on many occasions and have many new clients who are glad to be rid of them. Contact me at anrpos@gmail.com
    I can reset the terminal you bought, give you fair rates and honest service.

• Tr
      11th of Aug, 2009

I too could just kick myself for not finding this page before signing up with collective pos. The problems and headaches since July 20/09 has been horrendous. I won't go into detail as you would all need a day to read them...lol. Anyway I have ceased all activities with them effectve August 10/09. I am also sending back the terminal and want nothing more to do with them. I regret the day I contacted them. I am sure they will be in touch with me as the contract has been broken but I will fight it all the way. I did tell them that I would be in touch with my lawyer plus the media !!! I am not going down without a fight. If anyone wants to exchange email addresses and email me about them I have no probs with that. You can get in touch with m at travelingsolesfootcare@gmail.com

Thanks for allowing me to vent...

• Cd
      16th of Aug, 2009

My name is Clive and for as long as I have been associated with Collective, I have not had one single complaint against either myself or the company.

First I wish to provide the disclaimer that whatever I express here are my thoughts alone and in no way do I want to represent that I speak for the company or anyone else associated with it.

I was referred to this board by a client of mine who read it and had concerns. When he told me about it, I also had some concerns and then I read the messages, looked into it and those concerns disappeared.

A couple of the messages here are from sales people from competiors who think they are getting an edge by posting against the company. That alone should give you an idea as to the immaturity of the posters.

This is not to say that some of the complaints are not legitimate as I have confirmed that as well. In the case of "Sandy", I spoke to the representative involved. I am sure that each has their side of the story and it is not my place to take sides but I thought I would mention it as I did not want anyone thinking that I was accusing all posts as being false.

Here are some thoughts for the board:

Some of the accusations about theft are just ridiculous. That is an illegal and reportable action if it was true. Please also keep in mind that such accusations are also slanderous and defamatory if untrue.

That being said, the accusation may be a result of a misunderstanding or even a misrepresentation from the sales person .

Just as I mentioned earlier that there were immature and/or incompetent sales people at competitor, I would guess that could be the same at Collective. If you were promised or told something by a representative and you do not see that reflected in your statements, call the company to discuss the situation. Ask for the Sales manager, not your sales representative to talk about a resolution to the matter.

The fact is that in any company problems will arise. In the case of myself and my team, I can assure you that it won't be anyone misrepresenting the service as we look forward to two overriding relationship factors:

The first is the longevity of the relationship with the client. When I sit in front of a prospective client, everything is put on the table because I am looking forward to a long term relationship and I know that whatever I tell them at our first meeting, I will have to stand by in the months and years to come.

I should mention that there is also a flipside to the coin. If I believe that a prospective client thinks that I am lying or misrepresenting things to them even as I sit across from them, you can bet that that is not someone I want to do business with and I will excuse myself and leave, as I have once done. No use wasting my time and giving genesis to some potential headaches down the road.

The second is the organic growth of the client base through referrals. No one is going to refer any of their colleagues or friends to me is they think I have misrepresented even the smallest thing when I spoke to them so it behooves me to ensure that each client understands everything and is happy to join us.

Now, as I step off my soap box, I would like to mention one other thing. If for some reason you do not get satisfaction regarding any complaint you have, there is also the better business bureau to turn to.
    The company has a B+ rating there and in the last 36 months has received a total of 6 complaints, all of which were resolved.

Posting on message board is nothing more but venting, ostensibly to try and "protect" other consumers. It gets you nowhere and most times it makes you look like a fool if you stoop to using vulgar phrases and epithets as at least one person here has done.

If you're going to do post, at the very least post a method of contact you other than a generic hotmail/g-mail address so one can check the legitimacy of your comments. If you are after all posting some sort of contact information, one would assume that you don't mind being contacted.

(In my case, call the company and ask for me or my e-mail address)

Best,

C

• Rh
      16th of Aug, 2009

Collective POS are rip off artists. The salesman, John Sprolla led me down the garden path. He said that charges were minimal and then when I got voip they tacked on $26.00 a month extra and for what? Another company rep told me that is a bogus charge, just to make money for them. And their service is crap if you have a problem. They don't get it resolved quickly and if you want help to make your program better for you they don't respond, just keep billing your account. And the sales representative John Sprolla, when I asked him what all the charges would be he misled me. Did not tell me if you want to cancel within 5 years, they charge a penalty of $500.00. That is exorbidant and a court would likely strike it down.

And they charged me the cancellation fee in my own name rather than my business just to try to intimidate me and put a big red sticker on the invoice that they use Dixon Commercial.

Just very poor business people, stay clear of them.

Best R.

• Sh
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I find "C"'s comment that Collective has a B+ rating at the Better Business Bureau a lie. I was just there and they had an F rating.

• Sh
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Ok. I have to retract that. It HAD an F rating just two months ago. I now see it does have a B+. That is reassuring. I apologize to "C"
    Now I just hope that when I call them tomorrow to discuss a whole page of complaints that they will be gracious to a tiny business.
    What are the chances.